2021 Montana Goat

dapesche

WKR
Thanks fellas. Dropped the goat off at the taxidermist in early January, “only” an 18 month wait to get him back, but it’ll be worth it.
I'm picking up my November 2020 goat this Friday. Stoked...

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

sILlogger

FNG
Great looking goat and beautiful territory. Congrats! Alaska goats are the only thing I have experience with (guiding) I’d be intrigued to see how the terrain and animal behavior is different of goats in the lower 48.

How long did it take to draw? Pm me if you don’t mind sharing some input.

Bighorse

WKR
I'll tell ya.....AK Goats are further north and in some areas higher abundance. Likely lower elevation depending on range and time of year. IE boat based adventures.
Goats are Goats though.....anywhere you find em has a nasty spot or two.
One potential difference.....Transplanted populations vs. Natural and their inherent home range size. IE....Goats in the Cascades of WA may roam much further than those of the Islands of BC.
Another behavioral variation would be populations in close proximity to access will behave and evade differently. In AK access isn't as readily apparent or even possible and goats can be very innocent and unpressured.
Fun species to hunt and harvest.
Best wishes

OP
Logan T

Logan T

WKR
Well this thread will probably be updated again this fall, my cousin drew the same tag that I had last fall, so I get to hunt goats in the same spot two years in a row!

I may have to edit and give a better story about mine, it could be a cool story about two goats in consecutive years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Logan T

Logan T

WKR
It’s been a pretty amazing two consecutive goat seasons, as I was able to return the favor and help my buddy that was with me on my hunt kill and pack out his own billy goat this year! I’ll get some pictures and a write up going here one of these days but…. Success!

KKl3nDY.jpg

skeptic

FNG
It’s been a pretty amazing two consecutive goat seasons, as I was able to return the favor and help my buddy that was with me on my hunt kill and pack out his own billy goat this year! I’ll get some pictures and a write up going here one of these days but…. Success!

KKl3nDY.jpg
Good on you and your buddy. After I drew a goat tag last year, I literally became obsessed with Mtn Goats. An incredible animal to hunt.

OP
Logan T

Logan T

WKR
Good on you and your buddy. After I drew a goat tag last year, I literally became obsessed with Mtn Goats. An incredible animal to hunt.
Agreed. I’ve guided a couple bighorn sheep hunts here in MT but I think mountain goats top the list for me.

OP
Logan T

Logan T

WKR
For the guys interested.... Heres the story I said I'd add...