2021 Montana Goat

Logan T

WKR
Figured I’d share a little recap of my goat hunt. I drew a tag in a place that is one of the harder areas to find goats in In the state. Put in a pile of miles scouting, with the goal being just to turn up a mature billy. Couldn’t ever find a mature billy before season, had a hard time just finding goats period, but did find some. Did find one during the season. Went back the following weekend and long story short found this guy.

Without doing a giant write up, this hunt was one of the best I’ve ever experienced, and I’ve had some damn good ones. All the effort, miles, time spent in the area my whole life, having my best hunting partner there, on and on etc…. The way it finally unfolded, couldn’t have wrote it up any more ideal. On top of everything, the billy ended up with 9 7/8” long horn, 9 3/8” short, is haired up great and is better than I could have asked for.

a few pictures……

8fvBPIg.jpg

scNfUcs.jpg

a83nDZp.jpg

bggbBM1.jpg

Pbku7aJ.jpg

tIsgviO.jpg

pfmf4se.jpg

kkuUg5L.jpg

f70Jhfu.jpg

PNWGATOR

WKR
Congratulations on a beautiful Billy and thank you for sharing your experience and wonderful pictures. Congratulations!!!

slick

WKR
Excellent! Congrats. Out of curiosity, was that in “native goat range” aka west of the continental divide? I know their herds have been on the downward trajectory for some time. Gorgeous billy.

OP
Logan T

Logan T

WKR
Excellent! Congrats. Out of curiosity, was that in “native goat range” aka west of the continental divide? I know their herds have been on the downward trajectory for some time. Gorgeous billy.
Thanks slick. I’ll send you a pm….

skeptic

FNG
Great billy. I drew my tag in an area that has tons of goats. I have not seen a single billy so far that rivals that one. Congratulations.

OP
Logan T

Logan T

WKR
Great billy. I drew my tag in an area that has tons of goats. I have not seen a single billy so far that rivals that one. Congratulations.
Thanks. keep after it and I’m sure you’ll find one to notch your tag on!

OP
Logan T

Logan T

WKR
Beautiful goat. How do they taste
I’ll find out. Haven’t had any yet, should get it back soon. Meat actually looked really good. It helps when the goat just rolls a little ways, even though it’s in a rock field, rather than falling and being airborne for a ways!