2021 Rockslide spring bear hunt?

i love spring bear, and will absolutely be chasing them this year.... such a cool time to sit behind glass and watch the spring woods. i'm in a weird spot this year, i live on the north central oregon coast, but we just closed on a house on the south coast border town.... we are planning on moving early spring. we are going to try to keep our house here vacant, and not get renters in here, so do i get the NW coast tag or SW tag? decisions!

i'll probably get the SW tag because i need to start dialing in country down there regardless. i have worked on the south coast a lot, and even killed a couple "after work" bears down there, so not going in completely blind. there are a lot more bear down there too. part of me wants to hunt here where i live now, but i think getting out of my comfort zone of the places i know well is in my best interest.

regardless, i'll be out glassing up bear!

will be using some of the season (early) going to do a backpack trip over to weneha to chase turkey too. my good friend had that bear tag last spring and we went over there a lot, but since we were bear hunting, i didn't get to chase those mountain turkey and i really want to. never hunted turkey, and i want my first tom to be one of those mountain birds.... pretty excited about that hunt actually. probably just use my bow

VenaticOppidan

Lil-Rokslider
im interested as well. trying to get a hunt together for Idaho or Wyoming, havent had my partner commit 100%, and im not of the skill level to want to go on a back country hunt myself and always prefer to have at least one partner in remote areas.

My plan would be to fly in and grab a rental truck for about a 5 day hunt.

OP
B

Big Dunc

FNG
Can you point me to the site you use for road cameras? That's an excellent idea.

donziboy

FNG
I'm from the midwest looking to do my first spot and stalk spring bear hunt but cant get anyone to commit to the trip. Does anyone want to link up this spring in Montana or Idaho?

pdrake

FNG

maxpetros

Lil-Rokslider
Bumping this up because I'm in the same boat. Planning a 2021 trip as my first western/bear hunt coming from the east coast. Bowhunting both compound and trad for 10 years and an experienced backpacker. Been considering going solo as I'm comfortable in the backcountry and don't have any friends that are able/willing to partake. I'll be 22 and in very solid shape. Up in the air about rifle or bow. Formally trained behind a rifle and spotter. Hard working and easy going, won't be a burden or a liability. More than willing to pull my weight, think I'd be an asset if anyone is willing to have me tag along.

Pm me and we can chat via phone/PM of anyone is interested.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk