2021 Rokslide Cold Bow Challenge Question/Comment Thread

great twist to the CBC, glad you did it. Now that you have your post reserved, you can wait for a higher sun angle. That looked tough

Or just not wait around on you westerners. Half the day was gone over here.....

It's all in fun tho. It's good to get out of your comfort zone. That's a shot I'd like to think I would have waited on, but don't know for certain. I can frequently talk myself into my abilities, only to find out they aren't what I thought.

BDRam16

WKR
I figured I’d play along the CBC this year. I set my MER range at 50 yards. My current setup-

Elite Impulse 34 set at 72 pounds
Spot Hogg Tommy Hogg
Hamski hybrid hunter rest
Tight spot quiver
Easton Axis 340 with 50 grain brass inset
AAE Max Stealth vanes
Slick Trick standard 100 grain head
Total arrow weight is right at 460 grains
Carter RX1 release

I hunt ever thing from antelope to elk so I try to keep my shots within 6 inch groups. Small enough for antelope vitals with plenty of room to spare on a elk.
wrong thread

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
Anybody having shooting withdrawls now that you can only do one arrow? It’s driving me nuts that I can’t go back out there and fix that shot till tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep kinda was a let down to go out and shoot the first arrow in a month and damn near poke the bullseye and not get to keep shooting. I got the opposite everything went so good this morning I want to keep doing it.

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
Or just not wait around on you westerners. Half the day was gone over here.....

It's all in fun tho. It's good to get out of your comfort zone. That's a shot I'd like to think I would have waited on, but don't know for certain. I can frequently talk myself into my abilities, only to find out they aren't what I thought.

Yea i'm hoping switching to my backup on day 4 doesnt make me look like an ass lol. I want to think they are both dialed in and I shoot both equally good. We shall see.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
I see some people posting up on the challenge thread about their setup and that they'll be shooting later. That's not going to fly and your post will be deleted.

Entries will include a picture of your shot and the environmental conditions along with your setup information.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Man, I don’t know about guys but the weather in northern NM took a turn for the worse today. Honestly feel like I just got lucky getting it in the vitals...hoping things calm down the next few days

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Man, I don’t know about guys but the weather in northern NM took a turn for the worse today. Honestly feel like I just got lucky getting it in the vitals...hoping things calm down the next few days

It’s like hunting! The only arrow I dropped last year was because of the Flippin wind and I should’ve passed it. It’s hard on the first couple days we open the challenge if the weathers bad because you don’t know if you’re going to get a slot if you don’t shoot. But again, kind of feels like Hunting to me.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
I see some people posting up on the challenge thread about their setup and that they'll be shooting later. That's not going to fly and your post will be deleted.

Entries will include a picture of your shot and the environmental conditions along with your setup information.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

You got it Sam. I’m already deleted a bunch of them. One thing about the Internet, People don’t read.

It’s like hunting! The only arrow I dropped last year was because of the Flippin wind and I should’ve passed it. It’s hard on the first couple days we open the challenge if the weathers bad because you don’t know if you’re going to get a slot if you don’t shoot. But again, kind of feels like Hunting to me.

Was thinking the same thing. As much as it sucks to shoot in the wind, you don’t get a choice what the weather is gonna do during your hunt. My heart was definitely pounding in my chest haha.

badshot

Lil-Rokslider
After being 1 of the guys you mentioned missing the target I so badly wanted to shoot again to see if it was a fluke, maybe just the difference between broadhead and field point (shouldn't have been that far off) or if I need to stop my normal practice of starting at 20 and moving out.

Fatcamp

WKR
That's why they call it a challenge!

I try to shoot 5 days in a row regardless of weather conditions. Moving to 60 this year is a big ask. Previously did 45 and wasn't perfect. That is a chip shot now.

Every time I walk into our kitchen I can look out my window and see my target. It hurts, bro. Hurts real bad. 😁

@Spence14

I love my 36. Keep wanting to make a hunting bow out of it. Might order a 34 to hunt with.

No good reason not to. I'm really only using my VXR for unknown 3d. I could hunt with the 36 as well as anything.

TX_Diver

WKR
Our first active Covid case in the CBC! Hope you’re ok!

Be feeling alot better if I got some extra bonus entries ;)

I had it pretty easy. Hopefully my wife and kids have the same experience.

I'm absolutely baffled by the amount of day 1 posts with no wind. I can't remember the last time I shot my bow with no wind. My jealousy is off the charts.

Funny coming from the guy in Wyoming :ROFLMAO:

TX_Diver

WKR
Anybody having shooting withdrawls now that you can only do one arrow? It’s driving me nuts that I can’t go back out there and fix that shot till tomorrow.

Yup. I missed my shot this morning after stacking the last 3 on top of each other last night at the same distance. Really annoying!

Made up for it by shooting the rifle a bit today at least.