2021 Rokslide Cold Bow Challenge Question/Comment Thread

chadcharb

Lil-Rokslider
Finished up my cbc with a good shot today. Went 4/5 with one clean miss. I'd rather have a clean miss than a bad hit but I'm still pissed about missing in the first place lol

KBC

WKR
Finished up earlier in the week and although I hit the kill zone each time(one was on the edge) I wasn't thrilled with my performance so I started shooting a bunch in the garage at 10 feet just focusing on form.

Went back to the range today and was shooting better groups at 60 yards than the 5 shot group over 5 days I shot at 50. Big improvement with just a little extra effort and practice. I think I'm going to do this again mid August to see how much improvement I can squeak out with more regular practice.

I'm going to try and shoot year round and really push to increase my MER as much as possible.

Fatcamp

WKR
Last shot Friday. Busy schedule and trying to kill a turkey.

60 yards, calm, off my knees. Drew and let down one time prior to getting to my shooting station.

KIMG3708.JPG

Whole lot of time and effort involved in making that shot. Pretty happy about it. This challenge has played a huge part. Pretty cool deal. Helping a lot of people. RD should be proud of it.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Last shot Friday. Busy schedule and trying to kill a turkey.

60 yards, calm, off my knees. Drew and let down one time prior to getting to my shooting station.

View attachment 286451

Whole lot of time and effort involved in making that shot. Pretty happy about it. This challenge has played a huge part. Pretty cool deal. Helping a lot of people. RD should be proud of it.

Thanks man, nice shot too. Thanks for everybody’s feedback and wrap up of how they shot, etc of the challenge .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chasewild

WKR
Pushed my MER this year to 62 with my old E35 (2014). Last year my MER was 40 with the mathews traverse but I had to sell that bow due to the cable stops and the amount of tension I pull through the shot. As they say, newer isn't always better.

After I shot the 5 days, I'm still going to live by the 45 yard maximum this year. With angles, wind, etc., I'm just not confident in all of the variables holding static until the arrow arrives.

But, as mentioned above, I love seeing everyone's rig and ESPECIALLY their release style.

Cheers @robby denning

BucksNBulls

Lil-Rokslider
That was fun doing my first CBC. Kind of wish I would have picked 70 yards instead of 60 for my MER. Next year. Hated only being able to shoot 1 arrow a day as I normally shoot around 100 arrows a day. I did get to finally fletch some left helical arrows that I've wanted to get done since I couldn't practice. So far they are flying great.
This was my first yard 60 group with them 86C5D8D3-990D-44A9-971B-DAD4D2F3ADA8.jpegthem.

29418EB2-E79E-4256-8166-4EAC788512D6.jpeg

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
That was fun doing my first CBC. Kind of wish I would have picked 70 yards instead of 60 for my MER. Next year. Hated only being able to shoot 1 arrow a day as I normally shoot around 100 arrows a day. I did get to finally fletch some left helical arrows that I've wanted to get done since I couldn't practice. So far they are flying great.
This was my first yard 60 group with them View attachment 286594them.

View attachment 286593
great! Do 70 next year, (with broadheads and you'll get more entries).

cronsman

WKR
Haha maybe I should market it, undercut all the big new brand name targets by $100 or so. $300 sounds like a steal for such a specimen eh lol?

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
I see there's a few people that still only have shot a single arrow, there's no spot holding so you better get to shooting or your post might get deleted so others can shoot.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Finally got my second shot in last night and will try to finish this week. Flew to Florida to take the kids to Disney world the day after my first shot so there was a bit of lag. It appears the challenge isn’t quite full yet though so it seems there’s not a huge hurry.

Pushed my MER this year to 62 with my old E35 (2014). Last year my MER was 40 with the mathews traverse but I had to sell that bow due to the cable stops and the amount of tension I pull through the shot. As they say, newer isn't always better.

After I shot the 5 days, I'm still going to live by the 45 yard maximum this year. With angles, wind, etc., I'm just not confident in all of the variables holding static until the arrow arrives.

But, as mentioned above, I love seeing everyone's rig and ESPECIALLY their release style.

Cheers @robby denning
The E35 is one of the best bows ever made. There’s quite few older bows I prefer over the newer bows I’ve shot. I’d prefer the xpedition Denali, the elite impulse 34, or your E35 over the last couple new bows I’ve had.

chasewild

WKR
The E35 is one of the best bows ever made. There’s quite few older bows I prefer over the newer bows I’ve shot. I’d prefer the xpedition Denali, the elite impulse 34, or your E35 over the last couple new bows I’ve had.
I now have two E35's set up identically.

Would love to try the Denali. Feel free to PM me, but why do you love that bow? I've heard great things about it (Snyder, etc.).

Well that was one hell of a morning to end it on. Thanks again [mention]robby denning [/mention] for putting in all the work and keeping us all motivated.

September is only 4 months away! Time to get after it.

2c0ee42eb6e67c03ff7b009817787477.jpg

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Well that was one hell of a morning to end it on. Thanks again [mention]robby denning [/mention] for putting in all the work and keeping us all motivated.

September is only 4 months away! Time to get after it.

2c0ee42eb6e67c03ff7b009817787477.jpg

stick-flippin' Awesome!