2021 Rokslide Cold Bow Challenge Question/Comment Thread

All right, came together this morning. First arrow in the vitals, 55 yards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
712a14f3301be6a7e3c1c468f223d0ed.jpg

My plan is to really get my arrow count up this weekend. I think my biggest problem is I’m just rusty.

Just gotta shake the dust off!

Fatcamp

WKR
Anatomically not correct on the picture but within the kill zone. One shot, 60 yards, well after sundown, following a long stretch of work.

KIMG3670.JPG

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Fletched up some fresh arrows last night, #1 is going to be my arrow for this challenge.
f668af055ca3c3e901e4b83a7ba81edc.jpg

Zero wind this morning. Nailed it. I forget what a difference the wind makes on being able to steady your bow. The micros handle the wind fine, but always I’m surprised how dead in my hands a bow is when there’s no wind. Got a think about that more
5518ee7d4a27de3ae82165edaaba2ada.jpg

So that’s two days in a row my first arrows been in the vitals. Not a true CBC, because I did practice last night, and that always makes a difference.

Anybody else building up their arrow count this weekend?

Fatcamp

WKR
Hammered him, Hoping for deep penetration

It has been a huge change moving to a true 70# bow and 5mm arrows. My wind drift is way off from what I had previously, and my arrows go through my target occasionally.

Got plenty of time to practice, though. 4.5 months?

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
It has been a huge change moving to a true 70# bow and 5mm arrows. My wind drift is way off from what I had previously, and my arrows go through my target occasionally.

Got plenty of time to practice, though. 4.5 months?
2 weeks 🤣🤣

If you have any questions or comments on the 2021 Cold Bow Challenge, please post them on this thread. This will keep that challenge thread clean and easy to follow. Thanks!

With the overwhelming response we’ve had, we have to limit the challenge to 200 shooters. Sorry, but it’s a ton of work to qualify the shooters.

The Challenge will start Saturday, April 17th and run 4 weeks or 200 shooters, whatever we hit first.

Be sure and choose an MER that pushes you or you will be asked to restart the challenge or disqualified.

No more "I only got 20 yards in my backyard" posts. Lots of shooters travel to places they can shoot their MER. This challenge is exactly that, a challenge to make you a better hunter, so please put some effort into it.
How do we register?

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Haven't shot the bow in months due to starting a new job. Thinking I'll shoot for 50yds. Every shot will be following a 14 hour overnight shift, swinging by the range on my way home. That's a new wrinkle for me.

Sounds like simulated hunting, tired and only one shot to get it done. See you at CBC

bbckfh

Lil-Rokslider
I’m so excited! This was actually what got me to buy a bow. That and three buddies who are die-hard bow hunters.
I’m going to push my neophyte skills and used equipment.
Fingers crossed that I can get up in time on the 17th to not miss out (calendar alert set).

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
I’m so excited! This was actually what got me to buy a bow. That and three buddies who are die-hard bow hunters.
I’m going to push my neophyte skills and used equipment.
Fingers crossed that I can get up in time on the 17th to not miss out (calendar alert set).
(y)(y)(y)

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Well after two days of 1st arrow vitals at 55, I dropped my 3rd arrow today. I may end up moving up to 50. Just not able to pull it together this year. Too many months off. On the years shot year round (even if it’s only a couple of times a month on some months) this doesn’t happen.

Howard Mee

Super Moderator
Staff member
I’ve been dreading April 17th for a year now! Last year was a massive humble sandwich.
Met with an archery coach earlier this year and hopefully worked a few things out.