2021 Rokslide Cold Bow Challenge Question/Comment Thread

Spence14

WKR
Well after two days of 1st arrow vitals at 55, I dropped my 3rd arrow today. I may end up moving up to 50. Just not able to pull it together this year. Too many months off. On the years shot year round (even if it’s only a couple of times a month on some months) this doesn’t happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I may be in the same boat this year. Didn't start shooting until two weeks ago. It's always a good wake up call though!

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Back in the vitals this morning. Just enough success to tempt me in to 55 yards for the challenge. But I guess it supposed to be a push.
0aabda991c615d6ddb24d063fdbfe519.jpg

Ten Bears

WKR
Foolishly I have been attempting to make a switch to a back tension release. The transition has been terrible. I don’t even know what my MER would be with that thing. Worst part is that it’s messed with my shot with my normal release. Probably going to have to shelf the back tension in prep for the challenge to have a respectable MER. If you see a Silverback in the classifieds soon, it will be from me.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Foolishly I have been attempting to make a switch to a back tension release. The transition has been terrible. I don’t even know what my MER would be with that thing. Worst part is that it’s messed with my shot with my normal release. Probably going to have to shelf the back tension in prep for the challenge to have a respectable MER. If you see a Silverback in the classifieds soon, it will be from me.
hahahhaah

I've heard that going back tension is good, but some people will need a coach. Good luck on whatever you decide.

kcarter9

FNG
I haven't participated before, do we just post/reply each day to the main Challenge thread Robby hosts?
I see it says "edit your own post" just clarifying that this post is in the main thread topic

I haven't participated before, do we just post/reply each day to the main Challenge thread Robby hosts?
I see it says "edit your own post" just clarifying that this post is in the main thread topic

The CBC thread will get unlocked, you will post in it once you do day one. It will be about ten pages long and you will need to remember what page you posted on and go back each day and edit your original post to add the subsequent days shots.

I used to use a silverback and liked it once I got used to it, but it’s just way too unpredictable in the wind. And wind (at least for me) in April was a PITA last year during this challenge.

A thumb release kind of gives you the best of both worlds. If you have to pull the trigger a bit you have that option when your bow is blowing around!

Started to setup my hunting bow today. Have it dialed in to 65, shot broadheads at 45 and they seemed maybe a touch high. I'll play with it further out in the next couple of days.

IMG_20210413_151556099_HDR.jpg

Still figuring on doing CBC from a tree stand this year as I don't have a trip planned. Trying to determine where to set my MER and target size.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Started to setup my hunting bow today. Have it dialed in to 65, shot broadheads at 45 and they seemed maybe a touch high. I'll play with it further out in the next couple of days.

View attachment 282117

Still figuring on doing CBC from a tree stand this year as I don't have a trip planned. Trying to determine where to set my MER and target size.

Oh that’ll be cool. I don’t remember anybody shooting MER from a tree

Oh that’ll be cool. I don’t remember anybody shooting MER from a tree

Figure I'll use a climber and try to rotate to different positions.

Windy makes it interesting of course, you fight the wind and the tree moving. Then there's my out of shape ass getting up the tree and being out of breath too.

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
Figure I'll use a climber and try to rotate to different positions.

Windy makes it interesting of course, you fight the wind and the tree moving. Then there's my out of shape ass getting up the tree and being out of breath too.

Thankfully gravity will always help the way down......
Dibs on your jeep, flatbills and white claws. I always wanted to be trendy.

Here on the Kenai archery big game ranges in size from black bear to moose. I took my first shot with a broad head this year at this antelope from 70 yards. It’s just a touch back but I don’t think he’ll go too far...

c340c46a2a183eea504e0a0778860c42.jpg

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Here on the Kenai archery big game ranges in size from black bear to moose. I took my first shot with a broad head this year at this antelope from 70 yards. It’s just a touch back but I don’t think he’ll go too far...

c340c46a2a183eea504e0a0778860c42.jpg

That will do!

slinginbc

FNG
Any need to prove broadheads are being used? How would that be done?

Super anxious to get started this year! Been shooting my halon 5 with the new GAS strings I got last year for for the CBC😁 I didnt draw a spring bear tag here in Oregon this year so this is what I've got to look forward too this spring!

Attachments

• 20200612_144556.jpg
    20200612_144556.jpg
    512 KB · Views: 22