2021 Rokslide Cold Bow Challenge Question/Comment Thread

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Any need to prove broadheads are being used? How would that be done?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This entire shoot is based on the honor system. If people are gonna lie, that’s between them and God. We just have people list their gear and take their word for it.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Super anxious to get started this year! Been shooting my halon 5 with the new GAS strings I got last year for for the CBC I didnt draw a spring bear tag here in Oregon this year so this is what I've got to look forward too this spring!

Welcome back. Glad you like those strings

slinginbc

FNG
This entire shoot is based on the honor system. If people are gonna lie, that’s between them and God. We just have people list their gear and take their word for it.

That’s what I figured. Looking forward to getting in on this

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor

Well and also yall set it up well. There is no benefit to cheating. It doesnt get you more names in the hat and the prizes are drawn at random out of the hat. The are no extra points for tightest group or longest MER.

I plan on participating if I can get a touch of practice in before it opens I'm real cold. Like a month havent shot.

Well and also yall set it up well. There is no benefit to cheating. It doesnt get you more names in the hat and the prizes are drawn at random out of the hat. The are no extra points for tightest group or longest MER.

I plan on participating if I can get a touch of practice in before it opens I'm real cold. Like a month havent shot.

Nut-un.

You get internet bragging rights.

And a shirt.

C345F1FF-D59B-48BF-A2E4-378B76742048.png

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
Nut-un.

You get internet bragging rights.

And a shirt.

View attachment 282433

Valid point. However IF my memory serves me correctly travis betran or tony tritech and billv both shot kill size groups at like 100 yards last year. They are going to be pretty difficult to dethrone. They shot their bows better then some fudds shoot their guns.

gburk

WKR
Getting ready and doing my best to hit 250 messages by then too. Thinking 55 yds this year with broadheads.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
@robby denning

Do we have to shoot the same bow everyday? Or can we shoot 3 days with primary and then pickup backup for last 2 days?

Hey thanks for asking. There’s nothing in the rules about that, and it doesn’t violate the 1-arrow a day/five arrow rule, so you should be good.

But you’re braver than me, I have to shoot my back up bow for like a whole day before I’m confident with it. Ha ha

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Hey guys, I’m working today with a few of my lead shooters so I’m hoping to be able to give you a time that I’ll have the thread open. It’ll be pretty early. Stay tuned.

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
Hey thanks for asking. There’s nothing in the rules about that, and it doesn’t violate the 1-arrow a day/five arrow rule, so you should be good.

But you’re braver than me, I have to shoot my back up bow for like a whole day before I’m confident with it. Ha ha

The line between brave and stupid / silly is sometimes blurred....
I dont have much to lose except being embarrassed.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
The line between brave and stupid / silly is sometimes blurred....
I dont have much to lose except being embarrassed.

I’ve embarrass myself three out of the five years of the challenge

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
OK guys I got all my shooters (@Tony Trietch & @randyulmer)& @Josh Boyd in a row here. We are going to open the thread tomorrow at 8:15 AM mountain time.

I just put the final touches on my bow this morning and taped off my approx 9 inch vital.

76f8ca1123ec1cc71ea426a218760bbf.jpg

1c8ba7d40591d05ee90887f86846b70e.jpg

I’m 260 arrows in for 2021, and still feeling a little rust, but I don’t wanna move up to 50 yards so I’m going to go with 55 yard MER. I’m hitting it most of the time this week, if I do my part and let down if the wind isn’t cooperating. And in the spirit of the challenge, it will be a push. So at the risk of embarrassing myself, I’m gonna stay with 55.

I’ll see you guys tomorrow 8:15 mountain time. I am so pumped for this. And a little nervous. Amazing what a dumb little Internet challenge will do for your nerves.

Last edited:
OH WOW! I just saw this! Never looked at this thread till just now. Will others be able to see the results and follow along on the thread?

I am going to do this on my own seeing how you guys are full. I literally pulled my bow out last night for the first time since September. I have a nephew visiting and I was teaching him how to shoot a bow. This is cool.