2021 Rokslide Cold Bow Challenge Question/Comment Thread

OK guys I got all my shooters (@Tony Trietch & @randyulmer) in a row here. We are going to open the thread tomorrow at 8:15 AM mountain time.

I just put the final touches on my bow this morning and taped off my approx 9 inch vital.

76f8ca1123ec1cc71ea426a218760bbf.jpg

1c8ba7d40591d05ee90887f86846b70e.jpg

I’m 260 arrows in for 2021, and still feeling a little rust, but I don’t wanna move up to 50 yards so I’m going to go with 55 yard MER. I’m hitting it most of the time this week, if I do my part and let down if the wind isn’t cooperating. And in the spirit of the challenge, it will be a push. So at the risk of embarrassing myself, I’m gonna stay with 55.

I’ll see you guys tomorrow 8:15 mountain time. I am so pumped for this. And a little nervous. Amazing what a dumb little Internet challenge will do for your nerves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Careful, liable to have the server crash from demand.

You reckon you going to be able to handle it better than CO?

bsnedeker

WKR
I'm really bummed, I'm going to sit out this year. My bow from last year blew up in January and I'm still waiting for Hoyt to send new parts. I've got a new Ventum 33 but I ordered some strings from GAS that were supposed to be here two weeks and are still a no show.

I could shoot my recurve just to be in the competition but I'm only good to 15 yards with that and I'm not serious about it so I'd rather let someone else take my spot. I won the Maven bino's in last year's CBC so I think it's only fair I sit out since I don't have my equipment.

Good luck to everyone this year! I'll be following along for sure!

TX_Diver

WKR
I let go of my release and sent it into my rest today.

Still planning on shooting broadheads at ~50 (maybe ~40 sitting or kneeling) if I can get dialed back in.

Had just shot one of my better groups ever 2 shots before and was considering backing up.

4wa0tZLh.jpg

I continue to a Hamskea fan though!

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
I'm really bummed, I'm going to sit out this year. My bow from last year blew up in January and I'm still waiting for Hoyt to send new parts. I've got a new Ventum 33 but I ordered some strings from GAS that were supposed to be here two weeks and are still a no show.

I could shoot my recurve just to be in the competition but I'm only good to 15 yards with that and I'm not serious about it so I'd rather let someone else take my spot. I won the Maven bino's in last year's CBC so I think it's only fair I sit out since I don't have my equipment.

Good luck to everyone this year! I'll be following along for sure!
bummer, and thanks for letting us know. Someone will appreciate the extra slot.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member

Still planning on shooting broadheads at ~50 (maybe ~40 sitting or kneeling) if I can get dialed back in.

Had just shot one of my better groups ever 2 shots before and was considering backing up.

4wa0tZLh.jpg

crap! Equipment failures happen in CBC, just like on the mountain (I broke a cable and had to ride out/in 10 miles round trip to get it fixed)

Do your best to get geared back up and hopefully there's still a slot open for you.

4wa0tZLh.jpg

Lucky it was the rest and not your hand

😳😳😳

TX_Diver

WKR
crap! Equipment failures happen in CBC, just like on the mountain (I broke a cable and had to ride out/in 10 miles round trip to get it fixed)

Do your best to get geared back up and hopefully there's still a slot open for you.

I'm back up and running, a little filing on my nock 2 it to remove the edge, and good to go. Last year I think I tied on a new D-loop on day 1 for some reason and that sucked. Made it to where I wasn't confident with a shot even if it felt good.

Day 5 is the turkey opener... Can shot 5 be on a turkey or do I need to get my cold bow shot in before my first hunt?

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
I'm back up and running, a little filing on my nock 2 it to remove the edge, and good to go. Last year I think I tied on a new D-loop on day 1 for some reason and that sucked. Made it to where I wasn't confident with a shot even if it felt good.

Day 5 is the turkey opener... Can shot 5 be on a turkey or do I need to get my cold bow shot in before my first hunt?
gotta be at your MER/target. Sorry.

Jherek

Lil-Rokslider
I CAN'T BELIEVE I've never opened the CBC thread in the past years.... No idea this was happening untill tonight lol.

Last night was the first night I pulled out the bow in months, and with a new sight.
It might be a train wreck, but we'll give her hell!

What an exciting way to to start getting ready for season. Thanks Robby and everyone at RS, as well as all the great sponsors!

gburk

WKR
No worries. Snow in the forecast for Tuesday and I just tested positive for Covid so I will probably just hunt the nicer days later in the week anyways.

I'm in for tomorrow though!
Make your target turkey shaped and be sure to shoot the real thing from MER. 🔥

Daniel Bybee

Lil-Rokslider
After getting my butt kicked today with a new release, I’ll be giving 60 yards off my knees a shot!!! Going to be a blast and probably humbling to get ready for my archery antelope tag.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
@robby denning

@KickinNDishin wanted to get as many shots with the snow falling as she could that count, so she was out this afternoon. Will posting that tomorrow count as her arrow one, or will tomorrow's arrow be the start?

Sounds like she shot more than one arrow so no. But if I misunderstanding you and she only shot one arrow, yes you could count it.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
No worries. Snow in the forecast for Tuesday and I just tested positive for Covid so I will probably just hunt the nicer days later in the week anyways.

I'm in for tomorrow though!

Our first active Covid case in the CBC! Hope you’re ok!