2021 Rokslide Cold Bow Challenge Question/Comment Thread

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
If you have any questions or comments on the 2021 Cold Bow Challenge, please post them on this thread. This will keep that challenge thread clean and easy to follow. Thanks!

With the overwhelming response we’ve had, we have to limit the challenge to 200 shooters. Sorry, but it’s a ton of work to qualify the shooters.

The Challenge will start Saturday, April 17th AT 8:15 MTN TIME and run 4 weeks or 200 shooters, whatever we hit first.

Be sure and choose an MER that pushes you or you will be asked to restart the challenge or disqualified. Don't forget to define your vital size so we can see it on the target.

No more "I only got 20 yards in my backyard" posts. Lots of shooters travel to places they can shoot their MER. This challenge is exactly that, a challenge to make you a better hunter, so please put some effort into it.

5/19/21 update:

You all ready for this? This is the fun part for me and the staff. We love to give away great gear from Rokslide's very generous sponsors. Even if you don't win, support these sponsors as they stepped up with $thousands in gear to support the cause of making better bowhunters!

@Travis Bertrand drew for the winners.

The way I'm going to do it, is post the prizes valued under about $350 today and get that slew of emails out of the way, then post the bigger prizes between tomorrow and Monday.

First, if you don't want your prize, you can either...

1) Give it to a friend
2) Let the alternate shown next to your name take it.

I can't be the go-between on trading prizes! I just need to know who we're shipping to, so just send me the email when you have a final decision.

You can PM your alternate by using the search in upper right corner, 2nd text box in the drop-down (in full-site) then typing the screenname. I won't contact the alternate unless you don't claim your prize.

To claim your prize, email me at [email protected] by May 26th or prize goes to your alternate.
Prize/Winner/Alternate
Stealth Cam Trail Cam CamofireStonewalllukehaz7
Tyto KnifeJKDRGNcronsman
$150 Gift Card Black OvisWadestewbozeman
Phoneskope packageNtrlBrnhunterratbeetle
Iron Will broadhead OR knifeGrandpassagebroken compass
Pyro Putty kitRodeojasonwidaho
S&S Trekking polesDamxambjfoxhaven
$150 Camofire Gift CardBill Vsndmnd11
Arrow ID custom buildTommynealydamxam

5/24/21 update:
Here are the big "over $350" prize winners! Same rules to claim prize for these as above ^

Prize/Winner/Alternate

Yeti Panga and RamblerisitfallYetlure99
SKRE camo bundlecg2737positive pete
450 Gift card Crispijstumbaughpezboat
ONX lifetimeCMjohnson27
Maven Rf.1Wyatt.carterPHo

6/2/21 Update:
OK,I gave the >$350 9 days and two didn't claim, so I just awarded the SKRE and the YETI package to the alternates! All prizes have been claimed!

Thanks all.

Looking forward to 2022 CBC.

Last edited:

Ten Bears

WKR
I’ve been waiting for this for weeks, one of my favorite parts of Rokslide. Can’t wait. Count me in. Shooting pretty well this year already, might up my effective range to 70/80 yards.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
I’ve been waiting for this for weeks, one of my favorite parts of Rokslide. Can’t wait. Count me in. Shooting pretty well this year already, might up my effective range to 70/80 yards.
do it!!!! Good to have you back for 2021

bsnedeker

WKR
I haven't been able to shoot since my bow blew up a few months ago! I just got my new ventum 33 but waiting a couple more weeks for strings.... gonna be cutting it close! At least I have the recurve to practice with... oh wait, just broke a rub skiing last weekend so I can't do anything for another few weeks most likely!

I think the archery gods are not happy with me.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

68Plexi

WKR
Been looking forward to this as well! I have a hard time seeing 75 yards, that’s one heck of a MER. Going to push myself to use broadheads and push my range much more than last year.

Just to be clear Robby, our spot in the challenge is only recognized after our first documented and posted arrow on or after April 17th in the CBC thread correct?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Just to be clear Robby, our spot in the challenge is only recognized after our first documented and posted arrow on or after April 17th in the CBC thread correct?

Yes! And last year the challenge was full in 4 days, but everyone was home then too.

sndmn11

WKR
I want to play! Do I have to sign up first?

I'm pretty sure last year when the actual thread was opened, no place holder posts were allowed. Your first post had to be of your day one shot, so your best bet is to mark your calendar for a trip to the range on 4/17.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
I'm pretty sure last year when the actual thread was opened, no place holder posts were allowed. Your first post had to be of your day one shot, so your best bet is to mark your calendar for a trip to the range on 4/17.

The truth!

Can’t wait! I’ve been a member for a few years but the cold bow challenge is what got me active last year and I’ve stayed pretty active on here since. It’s a lot of fun. Thanks for putting it on guys!

Randle

WKR
Been working on some changes to my bow and shooting to get setup.
I am in if..... That dang grouse that keeps Harassing me on my range will let me shoot by then

My broadhead target is pretty burnt up.

Considering using a piece of oak firewood that is about 10" in diameter. I could be testing MER, durability, and penetration all at once.

Kinda @@

• Haha
Reactions: ZDR

Ucsdryder

WKR
@robby denning this deal is getting to be more popular than Monday night football!!! Might consider a minimum post count or something of the sort. Reward those that contribute. That being said, I hope to get in again! I need to see if I can pull my bow back! 😬

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
@robby denning this deal is getting to be more popular than Monday night football!!! Might consider a minimum post count or something of the sort. Reward those that contribute. That being said, I hope to get in again! I need to see if I can pull my bow back!

Hey bro, either I’m not understanding you, or you haven’t read the rules. We always award for post count. It’s built-in, doubles your points in fact.

I hope you can pull your bow back.