2021 Rokslide Cold Bow Challenge Question/Comment Thread

Spence14

WKR
@Spence14

I love my 36. Keep wanting to make a hunting bow out of it. Might order a 34 to hunt with.

No good reason not to. I'm really only using my VXR for unknown 3d. I could hunt with the 36 as well as anything.
I switched to it last year after owning a Traverse. It‘s the same weight as the flagship bows so I figured why not have the extra forgiveness of the longer ATA on the mountain. And it’s a sweet shooting setup.

I do like the new 34” mathews too though!

I didn’t make the list but I am doing the challenge on my own. Where is everyone posting their pics ...

Well, I wasn't going to do the CBC this year because I hate going 5 days without practicing, but lately I haven't been shooting daily anyways, so I said what the heck. Slapped on a broadhead and parked one in the vitals with my recurve this morning.
The cold bow challenge is one cold shot. You can practice as much as you want after the cold shot. Also, you dont need to do it 5 days in a row.

Edit: I guess I was wrong.

Last edited:
Wide range of equipment showing up. Nice to see that a lot of guys don’t think they have to drop $1500 on a bow to shoot.

Folks should be proud to enjoy the mystical flight of the arrow in the circumstance that life finds them. They shouldn’t worry about pious pronouncements of worthiness.

Saxton Pope had this to say:
“ Yet these are not the reasons why we shoot the bow: we do it because we love it, and this is no reason; it is an emotion difficult to explain...

May the gods grant us all space to carry a sturdy bow and wander through the forest glades to seek the bounding deer; to lie in the deep meadow grasses; to watch the flight of birds; to smell the fragrance of burning leaves; to cast an upward glance at the unobserved beauty of the moon. May they give us strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
I don't think that's right. No practice allowed.

The truth!

Every year there’s a guy or two guys on here saying they don’t enter the challenge because they can’t go five days only shooting
shooting an arrow/ day.

Don’t be that guy. We already know that you shoot 365 (366 on a leap year) days a year. You don’t need the cold bow challenge

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
If we posted but dont get a "you didn't qualify" message are we good to go?

We only tell you if you didn’t qualify. So no news is good news. Thanks for coming out for the challenge. Just remember, no practice between days. If you happened to practice yesterday after your first shot, just start over with 5 cold shots. I Couldn’t tell by your post above if you did or not. Thanks

cjdewese

WKR
Just took my 2nd. It was a lot more windy today than yesterday but I have a full day of projects to try and get done.

This is fun though, thanks guys for putting this together.

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
Anybody got their second shot up yet? I’m sitting here looking at my target. Can’t decide if I’m nervous, excited, or full of dread. Ha ha Ha ha ha

I got mine up. Out of 6" circle so out of archers moa. Still in center module so still probably a kill shot. After yesterday I think the nerves overtook me.

cjdewese

WKR
Wide range of equipment showing up. Nice to see that a lot of guys don’t think they have to drop $1500 on a bow to shoot.
Got my 1st bow last year and figured until I can outshoot my current bow, no reason to upgrade. After 1 year in I still feel like there is a lot more to learn and practice before I feel good about dropping $1500 on a bow.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
2nd shot is up! Back in the vitals! Now I can have a good day!

Good luck guys on your 2nd arrow.

Last edited: