2021 Rokslide Cold Bow Challenge Question/Comment Thread

Gorp2007

WKR
Shanked shot #4 when I should have just let down and regrouped. I was pissed that I didn't focus more and have the wisdom to just let down, so I spent the next several minutes drawing and holding to remind myself what proper form feels like and to confirm (what I think) went wrong on the shot. I guess tomorrow will tell!

It’s going to be a long 24 hours.

Last edited:

ZDR

WKR
Finished shot 5 this AM. Day 1 & 2 I used my thumb release and shot execution was horrible. Changed to my Tension release for D3 - 5 and much better results. I really need to work on the thumb release shot execution as I dont want to hunt with a tension release. Its always something in archery:) - the never-ending quest to improve.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Shanked shot #4 when I should have just let down and regrouped. I didn’t take any practice shots, but I definitely drew and held a few times to remind myself what proper form feels like and to confirm that my grip was wrong on the shot.

It’s going to be a long 24 hours.

That’s partly why I don’t sweat it when people draw & let down. It does not always result in a better shot. That was my case yesterday
Good luck tomorrow!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Day 5 is done for me. I knew it was in the vitals before it hit because I remembered my follow-through—gotta keep aiming.

d1ae3366f402c49523de32d2e27cb275.jpg

So 3/5 for me for 2021 CBC. Worst CBC ever for me. That’s what I get for not making time to shoot over the fall/winter. Archery is a perishable skill for me.

Good luck everyone!

That’s a wrap for me as well. I managed to barely sneak my last one in and ended 4/5 at 60yds.

I progressively felt more calm each day, I think I’ll do this exact thing the last few days of August as a sort of cool down exercise before the archery season begins.

Thanks [mention]robby denning [/mention] for being so involved in this, and also giving us something fun but challenging to show us where we can improve our archery setups/skills. Seems like the general takeaway is we all learn a thing or two every year and it only makes us better.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
That’s a wrap for me as well. I managed to barely sneak my last one in and ended 4/5 at 60yds.

I progressively felt more calm each day, I think I’ll do this exact thing the last few days of August as a sort of cool down exercise before the archery season begins.

Thanks [mention]robby denning [/mention] for being so involved in this, and also giving us something fun but challenging to show us where we can improve our archery setups/skills. Seems like the general takeaway is we all learn a thing or two every year and it only makes us better.

You are welcome brother! If we can become incrementally better bowhunters from this challenge, it’s worth the sweat & tears!

Gorp2007

WKR
That’s partly why I don’t sweat it when people draw & let down. It does not always result in a better shot. That was my case yesterday
Good luck tomorrow!

Thanks, I went back and clarified my original post: I did all the practice draws after I'd already screwed up today's shot. Hopefully I was able to reinforce those good habits so that I can avoid them tomorrow!

D_Eightch

WKR
This was a lot of fun. The windy day got I'm my head a little but tried not to beat myself up too bad as that would never be a shot I'd take in a hunting situation.

Overall went "ok" 60 yards was a stretch for me with my current setup

3pointer

Lil-Rokslider
Going into Overtime !!! Day 6 CBC, took a shot a lunch time , little low left I’d call it but still ok, I actually do a lot of one shot sessions , my range is litterally off my front porch AE7E7BD3-78E6-47A9-9452-4391EC3E84D3.jpeg

Jbxl20

WKR
Ill get him outside here soon to take a shot. We are going to be home the next 7 days with quarantine. I Found out yesterday my wife and I have Covid. I planned on practicing shooting past my MER of 40 while I’m off so it will be easy to get him to take a shot each day.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Ill get him outside here soon to take a shot. We are going to be home the next 7 days with quarantine. I Found out yesterday my wife and I have Covid. I planned on practicing shooting past my MER of 40 while I’m off so it will be easy to get him to take a shot each day.

All right! Just saw his post in the challenge. Great form!

We still have 17 shooters left. Tell your friends, get your kids or wife on here!!!!!

Going through the CBC, makes me jealous of all ya'alls target setups!!!

Does our kids have to make their own account or can i post for her ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro