2021 Rokslide Cold Bow Challenge Question/Comment Thread

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
OK, winners of the first batch <$350 all stepped up to claim except two. I even gave them an extra day. I hit the alternates for the Tyto and the Black Ovis $150, so check your PMs boys.

Some of the >$350 winners haven't stepped up yet, specifically the SKRE & YETI winners. If they don't step up by 6/2, I'll pull those alternates!

Always always subscribe to threads where we award prizes. I've posted winners in three different threads, I don't know what else to do to reach these guys.

Thanks all

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
6/2/21 Update:
OK,I gave the >$350 winners 9 days and two still didn't claim, so I just awarded the SKRE and the YETI package to the alternates! All prizes have been claimed!

Thanks all.

Looking forward to 2022 CBC.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
OK guys I’m gonna fire this thread back up. Archery season is right around the corner. I fired over 900 arrows this summer plus or minus a few. Little low for me.
7cc1a494d206e8d8302f9bf0c1ee891d.jpg

Hit a couple of 3-D shoots.

Continued with the concept of the cold bow most mornings when I would come out. Although I didn’t do a five day stretch with no practice between days.

I’m pretty comfortable to say I’ve nailed down 55 yards at 100% and I’m pushing 80% on 60 yard arrows over five days.

Here’s today’s at 60 after not shooting for 24 hours
b2b0c479564fb2b492ab4cf4818b342f.jpg

Did any of you continue with the cold bow concept?

Let us know how you did, especially those that were able to stretch their yardage out from this springs competition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Archerichards

Lil-Rokslider
Glad to see it active again.

I like the "100% from X yards, 80% from Y yards" way of talking about your Cold Bow performance. I will try to gauge my own and report back.

A little accountability is a good thing.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Glad to see it active again.

I like the "100% from X yards, 80% from Y yards" way of talking about your Cold Bow performance. I will try to gauge my own and report back.

A little accountability is a good thing.

Sure brother. Let us know. I do know that I should really only be taking shots at 55 yards because that’s the only one I’ve been 100% at. I just mentioned the 60 yards to show that I am shooting better than I was in the spring. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fatcamp

WKR
Here is what my current range looks like.

KIMG4005.JPG

So we all agree that the top arrow of that set is where I should be hitting? I shot that vertical row on purpose for this picture. This target and angle is based on several beds I have learned over the last few years. There will be deer in them in a week when I get there.

Practice at distance. 100% at 50. 60 is very wind dependent. Practice out to 70. A bit at 80. If I have a wounded deer I would chance a shot at those longer distances.

ETA: My potatoe takes bad pictures. You can see the shadows of the arrows.

sndmn11

WKR
Here is what my current range looks like.

View attachment 319763

So we all agree that the top arrow of that set is where I should be hitting? I shot that vertical row on purpose for this picture. This target and angle is based on several beds I have learned over the last few years. There will be deer in them in a week when I get there.
1629739688392.png

@KickinNDishin and I shot summer 3D league without warmup and each one the first half. I think we might have each gotten second in the second half.

We have shot a good bit fewer arrows than last year, but I think are a lot more confident knowing we can sort of show up and shoot just like a hunt would be. Neither of us have archery tags though!

BigWoods

WKR
Well I sent a VPA 3 blade broadheads as my first arrow of the day at 50yds. Happy with the results and will try to keep doing this as archery season opens in just a few weeks.
20210831_102423.jpg

Elkhntr08

WKR
Any thoughts about doing the challenge again, right now?
I know around here, now guys stop practicing during hunting season, holidays and ballgames. Stop practicing, but still hunt thinking they can shoot l in me they did 4-5 months ago.
I’m getting back home next Wednesday and I’m going to do my own “Late season challenge”.
I do practice pretty much every day during the season, but also know I’m not as accurate as say in July. I’m curious.