2021 S.T.A.R. - Sherwood Traditional Archery Rendezvous & PBS OYG - Professional Bowhunters Society Odd Year Gathering

Hey Rokslide!

Sherwood Traditional Archery Rendezvous 2021 a.k.a. the S.T.A.R Shoot in Roanoke, VA
Including a PBS Odd Year Gathering during the event.

Here is your invitation to come and shoot with us the first weekend in June 2021. Get a little exercise, have a bunch of fun, shoot some arrows, swap some gear, make some new friends. There are usually a Slider or two, a gang of PBS members, and folks from 4 or 5 states. A pretty realistic 3D course through the hills, a Tough Man money shoot, field course and fun range . More info, directions and some lodging ideas at the link above. Easy access a few minutes off I-81 at Roanoke.

I hope to see you there!

OP
A
I bumped up the thread from the last couple years just FYI.

Any questions or discussions for the 2021 event can happen here to avoid confusion.

We are working out the plans and details and are excited to be back after missing out on 2020.

I'd love to come, unfortunately that is a horrible time for me to have the chance to do anything.

I'll pencil it in, if it's a raining, or rains a bunch up to it I might be able to make it.

OP
A
Billy Goat-would love to have you visit us but won’t wish rain on you to make it happen. I know how that goes. If you can squeeze it in it would make for a good day.

Come on out Strommin we’ll be having fun!

OP
A
2021%20STAR%20flyer%20a.jpg

TaterTot

Lil-Rokslider
Is the raffle open to people who aren't there? Obviously I would cover the shipping if I won. We don't get many 3D shoots up my way so I'm jealous of your guys clubs.

OP
A
Is the raffle open to people who aren't there?
Yes Sir, the raffle is open and you need not be present to win.

AMagTicket.jpg

While the shoot is a fundraiser for the club I started this thread hoping to increase attendance for increased fun. I did not intend to market ticket sales so if this is getting inappropriate for this forum just give me a shout and I'll take things down. If anyone is interested in tickets I would be glad to help through PM or e-mail, or you can contact Randy at Sherwood.

We welcome any support but would mostly like to welcome folks to the shoot.

ScottinPA

WKR
I attended my first OYG yesteday in NW PA. Great time with great people.

I'm sure this one will be just as good but, unfortunately, I won't be able to attend.

OP
A
Good to see you there Scott. That was a fun weekend and it was great to see some people I have not visited with in a while. Sorry you can't make it to the VA gathering but will see you again somewhere with a bow in hand.
We will try to make the OYG in Roanoke similar but it will have the added dimension of being embedded in a decent sized Sherwood Archers club event.

OP
A
We're only a few weeks out from this shoot. Just a reminder to put it on your calendar and come have some fun. The club has been doing some planning and prep work, lots of blow down trees to cut out the past two weeks.
The PBS Odd Year group has rounded up a couple seminar presentations - Game Tracking Dogs for Recovery and The StickBoys Podcast - should be interesting.
Come out and shoot some arrows with us. Bring your surplus bowhunting gear for swap or sale.
Check out the website for updated details Sherwood Traditional Archery Rendezvous 2021

Roll call on this?

I might get have the chance to swing by. Don't know if I can shoot, but if anyone is hanging out afterwards I might swing by and meet some sliders.

OP
A
I haven’t heard of any Rokslide folks for sure planning to attend, just the little interest shown in this thread. I haven’t seen DMinVA post in a while but he usually attends STAR.
I’m sure there will be some PBS folks hanging out Saturday evening and there are always some folks camping out.

We honestly don’t know what to expect this year as far as attendance. Seems like things are about to bust open and lots of people have expressed interest. The PBS OYG will draw some folks in and most of the shoot regulars will be there. But there could be a pile of folks making it their post COVID summer kick off. Or it could be dead because people forgot how to socialize. I highly doubt that but attendance has been low for the VBA related shoots and the classic in Baltimore was down some as well.

We’ll have a 30 target 3D course set up on the hill through the woods, a short 14 Nfaa style field target course, a fun range, and I’ll be running the tough man course. We’ll have brats in the kitchen and a yard sale outside the clubhouse. Fadi is giving a seminar and demo with his tracking dogs (he was instrumental in getting game recovery tracking dogs legalized it VA) and the Stickboys will give a seminar as well. PBS will be raffling donated items and we are raffling a Bear Mag Takedown as well.

So I plan on having fun regardless of attendance but the more the merrier!!

Alvie

FNG
Plan on driving down from PA Friday night. Is there a address for this place that I can punch in when I get to Roanoke?

BowTrout

FNG
Here’s
Plan on driving down from PA Friday night. Is there a address for this place that I can punch in when I get to Roanoke?
the address for Sherwood Archers. It’s a beautiful course. I had my daughter down there to shoot the Virginia Bowhunters Association state field shoot a couple of weeks ago.

Sherwood Archers
2720 Timberview Road, Roanoke, Virginia 24019, United States

OP
A
Hey Alvey!
Will be great to see you there. You will be hitting Exit 141 on I-81. It’s just a few miles from the exit.
Are you coming south on 81 or down past Pittsburgh through WV on 79/19/77?