2021 SKRE New Solace Pattern Releases along with Summit, Mnt Stealth Reviews

stonewall

WKR
I just got the kaibab 300 zip off pants in today. I’m very pleased and I’m looking forward to using them.

The fit is excellent - I bought the large. I’m 6-2, 195#. The 5% spandex gives nice stretch. I like that the zipper starts at the bottom. I could see partially opening them if needing to cool off after moving. They feel comfortable and warm. Wishing I had bought the 150s too...next time.

The things I question (and these aren’t deal breakers by any means): the waist band seems bulky and the pattern seems to have a blue tint. That might just be me or perhaps it’s just the pattern on merino. This is the only thing I have in solace so can’t say for sure.

Sitka open country and elevated II compared to solace compared to mountain mimicry:
1619055530329.jpeg
Max1 next to solace:
1619054128746.jpeg
1619054255281.jpeg
1619054273569.jpeg
1619054292932.jpeg
1619054311952.jpeg

Last edited:
I just got the kaibab 300 zip off pants in today. I’m very pleased and I’m looking forward to using them.

The fit is excellent - I bought the large. I’m 6-2, 195#. The 5% spandex gives nice stretch. I like that the zipper starts at the bottom. I could see partially opening them if needing to cool off after moving. They feel comfortable and warm. Wishing I had bought the 150s too...next time.

The things I question (and these aren’t deal breakers by any means): the waist band seems bulky and the pattern seems to have a blue tint. That might just be me or perhaps it’s just the pattern on merino. This is the only thing I have in solace so can’t say for sure.

Sitka open country and elevated II compared to solace compared to mountain mimicry:
View attachment 285130
Max1 next to solace:
View attachment 285116
View attachment 285117
View attachment 285118
View attachment 285119
View attachment 285120
A bunch of their new merino in solace had the wrong hue of ink that made it more blue. They're selling it at a big discount and calling it granite. I would call them and let them know you got the wrong one if you ordered solace specifically.

skregear

Lil-Rokslider

View attachment 285130
Max1 next to solace:
View attachment 285116
View attachment 285117
View attachment 285118
View attachment 285119
View attachment 285120
Hey Stonewall,
That is indeed the Solace pattern. It is interesting to see how lighting plays off the fabric. Even in your pictures, the top ones next to the other patterns look almost tan, while the outdoor pics almost turn the base white. As far as the waistband, it is a bit bulkier than the merino bottoms without full-length zippers. We did have to enforce that a bit for the velcro ends.
I wore them all last season and didn't even know any difference in the waist.
We hope that you enjoy them!

OP
realunlucky

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Here's a comparison picture of my new Hardscrabble pants next to a pair with a couple years old and a couple hundred field days on them.
048a38f4c6ad82ccbc6939c1d3afc967.jpg

Not a single hole except where I got into the fence a couple times. A tiny bit of pilling on the face fabric, just a bit faded but plenty of miles left in them.

Here's a comparison picture of my new Hardscrabble pants next to a pair with a couple years old and a couple hundred field days on them.
048a38f4c6ad82ccbc6939c1d3afc967.jpg

Not a single hole except where I got into the fence a couple times. A tiny bit of pilling on the face fabric, just a bit faded but plenty of miles left in them.
Wow the coloring on these is still really good after that much use.

jmazz

Lil-Rokslider
A bunch of their new merino in solace had the wrong hue of ink that made it more blue. They're selling it at a big discount and calling it granite. I would call them and let them know you got the wrong one if you ordered solace specifically.

I picked up a Kaibab 150 long sleeve, bottom and gaiter in Granite as my first Skre purchase. I planned to use it for fishing and other non-hunting activities to extend the life of my other merino base layers since the outlet price is so good.

First impressions, the quality of the merino wool seems pretty good so far. A little itchy compared to other brands but we'll see how it is after washing. I wear medium in pretty much everything (5'9"/170#) and the long sleeve top is pretty snug. My wife commented and asked if I was going to wear something over it. The bottom fits perfectly.

Lastly, the Granite is BLUE. Not a blueish tint but very blue. Again, for fishing and non-hunting I don't care but some might.

OP
realunlucky

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
My buddies have been knocking down some turkeys while wearing SKRE. Season here opened yesterday but I'm swamped at work hopefully a day or two this weekend I'll get out.
1b905c480e6ab17ffdc75eaf96082e7d.jpg

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

My buddies have been knocking down some turkeys while wearing SKRE. Season here opened yesterday but I'm swamped at work hopefully a day or two this weekend I'll get out.
1b905c480e6ab17ffdc75eaf96082e7d.jpg

Congratulations to your friend on getting his turkey good luck getting yours

Hey Stonewall,
That is indeed the Solace pattern. It is interesting to see how lighting plays off the fabric. Even in your pictures, the top ones next to the other patterns look almost tan, while the outdoor pics almost turn the base white. As far as the waistband, it is a bit bulkier than the merino bottoms without full-length zippers. We did have to enforce that a bit for the velcro ends.
I wore them all last season and didn't even know any difference in the waist.
We hope that you enjoy them!
SKRE,

How many ounces of down is there in the Ptarmigan jacket now and what's the total weight for a medium? Saw the YouTube video about the added down and length but not seeing it online. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
A couple weeks ago I was lucky enough to get my spring turkey. I was also lucky enough to get this moment on video. I showed friends and family members this video, and the first reaction out of most of them was “I didn’t even see that you were sitting there.” I took this screen shot seconds after harvesting my turkey to show how good Summit and Solace look in the timber. The hood I am wearing in this picture is solace. 78C037B7-FCFE-4CE9-A500-9D77673FC775.jpeg

OP
realunlucky

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
SKRE released some new branded gear.
c171addfdc5e9e37e6681bc9cc60e161.jpg

Bunch of new designs for shirts too you should check out.
d61092f155ec58bb51c8a3a99b008032.jpg

Last edited:

ZDR

WKR
Anyone planning on using the solace pattern for elk hunting?

OP
realunlucky

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
I got a set in 2xl the finger length feels good but wish the gloves were just sightly snugger fitting in the palm and cuff. Fit is definitely a subjective thing in gloves- next I'm going to try the xl for a slightly tighter fit
b6aba09d9dd0dafd867035b685c2668c.jpg

The rubberized grip texture works well to hold on to things. I shot my bow with these and they were comfortable though out the process.
I used both the thumb and pointer to navigate the touch screen on my phone without any issue.
Over all I'm excited to give these a try during archery season as I always looking for the perfect early season glove.

Last edited:
OP
realunlucky

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Always knew Bo Jackson was big hunter but didn't know he likes his SKRE Gear as well.
de29cef43a7d3c37d80574808316db4b.jpg