2021 SKRE New Solace Pattern Releases along with Summit, Mnt Stealth Reviews

three5x5s

WKR
I was the winner of the Rokslide SKRE giveaway and won a pair of Kaibab top & bottom in the Mnt stealth pattern. I finally got a new phone so I can post a review with pictures as no review is cool without them. So, heres my thoughts. Theres no mountain near me so this is them in fornt of 2 Oak trees in the front yard. I think this camo blends in well for it to be summer time, they should blend in better in the fall as the trees will have a lighter color form all the summer sun. As far as fit, these are mediums. They run maybe a tad bigger than the smartwool pictured. I'm 5ft 4 and weighed 147lbs. 32/29 pants & 37 inch chest. and they fit good. They are a little long on me but you normal guys would hate them in they dident. Thats long on the sleeve and the legs. One thing I want to point out is the waist band in the pants, its nice and wide. I took a picture of it beside the smartwool pants to show the difference. I think they will ride better as it will be the same width as your belt. I have had camo base layers that was scratchy or stickey but theses are not. The stiching looks good. Over all they look and feel great. I would like to Thank Realunlucky and SKRE for the giveway and if you havent giving SKRE and look, you should. And a bonus, your SKRE package will come with everything you need to send them back if your not happy with the way they fit.

Attachments

• Skre2.jpg
    Skre2.jpg
    228.8 KB · Views: 69
  • Skre1.jpg
    Skre1.jpg
    147 KB · Views: 65
OP
realunlucky

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Don't miss SKRE Gear flash sale.
9d42263e9b904e591f6efb7b1dbfd548.jpg

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Got some scouting done this weekend. With temperatures from 90 to 65 degrees. Most of the weekend I had my hardscrabble pants with the vents on the sides down and the hardscabble jacket in the morning and nights with the pit vents open. In between the morning and midday I had my lost peak light jacket on and in the heat of the day to keep from burning my kaibab 150 long sleeve. I was able to wear most of this due to the breathability of the coats and pants. I was super impressed and glad I had packed all of this. D3ECEBB4-0668-49A3-89BA-08CFCE6887C1.jpeg
7E7D4907-10C1-4B57-9053-54FABE7CFC18.jpeg2E0D5E10-BB66-4171-9CD8-DDF2B0E771DC.jpeg22D546A5-B814-4968-B259-5F883E0B3B0E.jpegE142A096-059E-491B-83A8-2152DC5F5C66.jpeg

Did some more scouting this weekend but to get to the place we had to cross a creek last weekend we put in a bridge. This weekend we went to cross it and the water had risen about 4 feet where our bridge was key word was. We ended up having to cross the creek. Luckily enough I remembered my gaiters and my boots are water proof. To my surprise the gaiters actually repelled the water long enough to keep my legs and feet dry for the first crossing. But on the second one I wasn’t so lucky while crossing in the middle of the creek I slipped and it didn’t turn out as pretty of a crossing as the first crossing. 8C078FC6-929D-49CD-A24E-56FC9350017D.jpeg

OP
realunlucky

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Took my boy out chasing spikes but all we could find were a couple big ol bulls. No better time to be in the woods than September.
652e1412ce18df4d05199078baf062b4.jpg

OP
realunlucky

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Wore the Lost Peak jacket while hunting alligator in South Carolina. Perfect for taking the chill off in the mornings and long boat rides back to the launch.
d4f567c1ac84d3114326ec63e8a8c04d.jpg

Carr5vols

WKR
Good afternoon wanted to give an initial review on the Unita Early Season Pants and the kaibab 150 SS shirt that I received thru the SKRE gear giveaway. I have yet to get to wear these on a hunt or any length of time and will supply a more detailed review after a few hunts I have in Tennessee and Georgia in the next few weeks.

First and foremost "realunlucky" or Sam is awesome, customer interactions and quality is what keep customers coming back!

The kaibab ss shirt received xlarge, I am 6ft roughly 205 lbs and the xlarge fit like it should. Stitching looked and felt really good. I have multiple 150 merino shirts and this one seemed less itchy than my BO 150 LS shirt, but not as soft as my Smartwool 150 LS shirt. I do feel like this SKRE would hold its shape and not sag after multiple days of wear compared to the other two shirts. I am not hung up on camo patters but the shirt did have a darker brown compared to the pants (see pic). Not a deal breaker for me as I wear solids most of the time except turkey season, which these will work perfectly for.

Unita Early Season Pant received a 36 waist and they fit like they should. I destroy pants so I have never really owned an expensive pair of hunting pants. I typically run the EB Pros and get them when they have a good sale. All zippers worked smooth and the stitching was good everywhere . There was plenty of room in the crotch area, and the knee area had plenty of room due to the gussets design. The material did not stretch as much as the EB Pros but that could be a good thing depending on how you like your pants to ride. The pants did have side venting and the mesh used in the venting is the same mesh that is used for pockets. The mesh is smooth and should not cause any issues. Another thing I really appreciated about these pants is calf muscle space, I hate for pants to be tight on my calves and these had enough material to give some room but should not bunch under gaiters. A few issues I did see that could make these pan20211002_151339.jpg20211002_143237.jpgts superb. Belt loops- the pants have 6, most pants have 5, I wish there would have been 8. Deeper pockets- the cargo pockets and rear pockets are great but the ones on the front where not even a hand deep ( see pic).

Overall I am impressed with both items and do not feel anyone could go wrong with these. I will give an additional review after the upcoming hunts.

Az wildcat

Lil-Rokslider
Just ordered a pair of the unita early season pants. The EB guide pro pants get hot for me in AZ and don’t breathe very well in my opinion. I prefer long pants for the sun protection and I think these are gonna do that great. Looking forward to the vents to dump heat!

Will post a review of them after my coues hunt in a few weeks.

OP
realunlucky

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
My hunting partner killed a really nice buck using the summit pattern
65b8c75e251bccdf882327d36e326444.jpg

My brother and I got it done this year in archery season. I wore the Skre summit pattern all archery season 9EC58E74-F66B-4F48-95A4-B2A769C43102.jpeg4D11CF44-A1C0-41CC-91F8-7F0E7AAB7C15.jpeg9B94744D-3129-449D-B0E0-36923570213A.jpegE5429733-49DC-447F-8710-297FF30E292E.jpeg

Pn8hall

WKR
I was lucky enough to be the winner in the 2021 Skre giveaway #2. I received the Kaibab long sleeve top and bottoms and wanted to post up my initial thoughts upon receiving them. 1st the camo pattern is legit. It should be an awesome pattern for out west and I think it will work awesome chasing turkey and deer here in the midwest. I looked these over quite intensely and the build quality is spot on. I normally wear Large bottoms and XL tops in most gear except for Sitka which I need to size up the tops. I read a few reviews about sizing with SKRE and ordered Large bottoms and XXL top. Both pieces fit perfect and I love the thumbholes on the top. I also like the extra length on the shirt as well. Should be great to keep it tucked in on chilly days. One thing I did notice is its not as silky soft as some other baselayers I have. Its not a huge deal and I suspect it will soften some over time. I have not had a chance to test them in the field yet but I will be using them to chase whitetails very soon and I will post an update once I have some time in the field with them. Thanks again to SKRE and Rokslide for this awesome prize!!!

OP
realunlucky

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Wyoming elk season was a bust for me but atlest I was able to stay warm and dry the entire time.
aaa4f60f997939afa7e5279b11d8c518.jpg

I wrote the Kaibab hoody and hardscrabble vest everyday, mid layers in the morning and later layers when the wind wasn't blowing 20+ mph. Had to break out to break out the Nebo rain gear a few times due to rain or crazy wild winds.

Last edited:
I hunted CO 1st rifle and wanted to give Skre Gear a shoutout.

I used most of their system and was very impressed. I’ve always been a hunter who picks random camo to keep it somewhat affordable so using almost all Skre was amazing. When Skre had their Mountain Stealth last year I had to give it a go.

We had melting snow and the Nebo rain gear was incredible. I was surprised at how abrasion resistant it was. It fit perfectly over all my layers and the zip pants were very nice. I also liked how big the hood was.

The hardscrabble jacket was perfect using the pit zips and I basically wore it 24/7. No complains with the jacket.

The hardscrabble pants had so many pockets I used for random items I wanted to keep handy. Next time I would get the tall size.

The Puffy kept me very warm when glassing. I was impressed with it. I think their new puffy has more down.

The Merino 300 hoodie was my favorite piece so warm yet I could wear it all day. Only complaint was hoodie was really tight around my face so I used my Nebo hoodie more.

The merino 300 and 150 base layers are what I used back and forth and they were warm. I saw their newer ones have zip offs which would be nice in the future.

The deadfall gloves weren’t quite as warm as I hoped but the Glassing mitts were extremely warm. I really enjoyed the dexterity of these over mittens. Liner gloves with these mitts were an awesome setup for me.

To summarize I really was impressed and like how Skre makes it easy for someone like me who has never had a system to build a system. This was my first time putting the effort to build a system and it really made the experience more enjoyable. Hope this helps anyone looking for Skre. So far It was a good investment for me.

-Kyle

I got my first elk last weekend. I wore the hardscrabble pants with the kaibab 150 long sleeve, the lost peak coat and my hardascrabble jacket in the mornings when the temps were low 40s and high 30s. Later I would take off my lost peak or hardscrabble coat when it warmed up to around the high 50s. 83FF994A-60B8-47A4-BCA3-1348AAAC6BE8.jpeg9561ECA0-A896-41DC-9745-6E8CAD0651DA.jpeg

OP
realunlucky

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
I got my first elk last weekend. I wore the hardscrabble pants with the kaibab 150 long sleeve, the lost peak coat and my hardascrabble jacket in the mornings when the temps were low 40s and high 30s. Later I would take off my lost peak or hardscrabble coat when it warmed up to around the high 50s. View attachment 343613View attachment 343614
Ryan looks like you had an amazing season