2021 SKRE New Solace Pattern Releases along with Summit, Mnt Stealth Reviews

Paradox

FNG
I was excited to see a gear “system” at a decent price.
I bought the mule deer bundle. Very good quality. However, I hunted Newfoundland at 30-35 degrees with a stiff wind most days. Skree gear will not keep you warm with much wind. I ended up wearing the 150, 350, and hard scrabble pants and jacket. If the wind was blowing I was cold. Ended up sending it all back. I can’t imagine how cold it would be on a mid November deer hunt with temps in the teens. Also, adverti as DWR but absolutely NOT waterproof, very easy to soak through with light moisture.
Customer service is outstanding though.
if you plan on cold weather hunting, look elsewhere.

OP
realunlucky

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
I just hunted some what similar conditions in Wyoming for 9 days during late October. The temperature was less than 20* everyday in the mornings most days never breaking 40* and there was a fair amount of wind every day. I had a few additional items, here's what I used-

150 Kaibab for next to skin
300 Kaibab for mid layer
Hardscrabble vest
Hardscrabble jacket

Hardscrabble pants
150 Kaibab bottom
150 Kaibab bottom zipped this pair off after the sun came out.
Gaiters

A puffy and the nebo rain gear are always in my pack this time of year. Rain gear is amazing as a additional layer when the wind is really humping.

fa29bc119e80c49668475d5d56a2ad23.jpg

SKRE Gear does offer additional options for colder conditions.

OP
realunlucky

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Here is the specs on a couple of the cold weather garments SKRE Gear offers--

Guardian Jacket

1637029595092.png

Fabric Details​

• Waterproof/breathable fabric
  • 2-layer fabric with quiet, brushed polyester face
  • Teflon 3-proof resists precipitation and prevents face fabric from wetting out

Product Features​

• Lightly brushed face stays quiet in the tree stand
  • YKK waterproof zips
  • Tree harness slit
  • Fleece lined hood

Recommended Use​

Late Season

Details​

With premium 850 fill down, you will be comfortable, calm, and collected when the moment of truth arrives. Our lightly brushed face fabric and anatomical fit allow you to draw a bow or shoulder a rifle with minimal noise, and a full range of motion.

Special Technology​

• 90% duck down fill

Weight​

2 lb 8 oz

Guardian Bibs

1637029766916.png

Fabric Details​

• Waterproof/breathable fabric
  • 2-layer fabric with quiet, brushed polyester face
  • Lightly brushed face stays quiet in the tree stand

Product Features​

• Duraflex Buckle
  • YKK waterproof zips
  • Internal cuffs seal in heat

Recommended Use​

Late Season

Details​

With premium 850 fill down, you will be comfortable, calm, and collected when the moment of truth arrives. Our lightly brushed face fabric and anatomical fit allows you to draw your bow or shoulder your rifle with minimal noise, and a full range of motion.

Special Technology​

• Teflon 3-proof resists precipitation and prevents face fabric from wetting out
  • Full-length YKK® side zips with waterproof construction

Weight​

3 lb 10 oz

Ptarmigan Ultra Down

1637030395359.png

Fabric Details​

• 100% Nylon Exterior
  • Anti-tear Finish
  • Water Repellent

Product Features​

• Athletic Fit
  • Anatomical Shape
  • Interior Elastic Sleeve Cuffs
  • Adjustable Cord Locks on Waist
  • Glove-Friendly Pull Tabs on Zippers
  • 5.2 ounces of down

Recommended Use​

Lightweight packable insulation layer for all seasons

Special Technology​

• Durable Water Repellent Teflon Coating
  • YKK #3 Zippers
  • 850+ Fill Power Down

Weight​

18 oz

Ptarmigan Ultra Down Pants

1637030902191.png

Fabric Details​

• Reinforced Waterproof Knees and Seat
  • Water Repellent
  • 5.2 oz of down

Product Features​

• Athletic Fit
  • Duraflex Buckle
  • Zippered fly
  • Adjustable Nylon Webbing

Recommended Use​

Light-weight packable insulation layer for all seasons

Special Technology​

• 380T nylon fabric with DWR treatment
  • Two side Zip-off with two way YKK zips
  • 850+ Fill Power Down

Weight​

17.4 oz

Kodiak pants

1637030633039.png

Fabric Details​

• MTN-X2 Soft-Shell Face Fabric bonded to interior micro-fleece
  • 100% Polyester
  • GSM: 310

Product Features​

• Anatomical Fit
  • Interior Waist Grip Band
  • Gusseted Crotch
  • Four Zippered Cargo Pockets
  • Dual Zippered Rear Pockets
  • Dual Zippered Hand Pockets
  • Water Resistant
  • Interior Micro-Fleece
  • Mountain Durable
  • Ultra-Quiet

Recommended Use​

Mid-Late Season

Special Technology​

• Durable Water-Resistant Teflon Shield+
  • YKK Zippers
  • Zippered Side Vents

Weight​

1lb. 11 oz.

Bridger Glassing Mitt

1637031620967.png

Fabric Details​

• Primaloft
  • Goat Leather Palms
  • 20K waterproof breathable barrier
  • High-loft Fleece lining

Product Features​

• Wrist strap cinch
  • Adjustable forearm cinch
  • Wrist leash retainer
  • Upright dry hanging loop

Recommended Use​

• Mid to late season hunts
  • Late Season Tree Stand

Special Technology​

• DWR
  • Primaloft
  • W20K waterproof breathable barrier

Weight​

10.1 oz

Attachments

• 1637031501759.png
    1637031501759.png
    924.2 KB · Views: 9
Huge congratulations to Skre gear on coming out with their brand new series called the guardian. This series is on sale now. 65AD1551-A0FF-4FE8-8B6D-26B36077015D.png61B50386-715F-4FCD-815A-4D65CF696C10.png

Nillion

Lil-Rokslider
How much down is in the Guardian jacket? The fill total would be handy to determine what temperature range the jacket is suitable for.

skregear

Lil-Rokslider
How much down is in the Guardian jacket? The fill total would be handy to determine what temperature range the jacket is suitable for.

Down Fill Amount​

• Med: 9.7 oz
  • Large: 10.3 oz
  • XL: 11.4 oz
  • 2XL: 12.4 oz
  • 3XL: 13.3 oz

skregear

Lil-Rokslider
I was excited to see a gear “system” at a decent price.
I bought the mule deer bundle. Very good quality. However, I hunted Newfoundland at 30-35 degrees with a stiff wind most days. Skree gear will not keep you warm with much wind. I ended up wearing the 150, 350, and hard scrabble pants and jacket. If the wind was blowing I was cold. Ended up sending it all back. I can’t imagine how cold it would be on a mid November deer hunt with temps in the teens. Also, adverti as DWR but absolutely NOT waterproof, very easy to soak through with light moisture.
Customer service is outstanding though.
if you plan on cold weather hunting, look elsewhere.
Thanks for the review and we are sorry to hear the gear didn't work out for you. I would like to address a few things in your comments. I would certainly suggest both the Ptarmigan Down Jacket and Ptarmigan Down Pants along with the Mule Deer Bundle especially if you are sitting and glassing in cold temps with the wind. The down pants can be used over the top of the Hardscrabble Pants and the Ptarmigan Jacket can be used under the Hardscrabble Jacket. This would provide max warmth and protection from the cold and wind. We are confident you would have stayed warm with the two additional pieces.

As far as waterproof vs water resistance it is a topic that can be hard to understand. All our pieces are treated with a DWR, (durable water treatment) to provide a slight barrier against moisture. Typically will keep you dry for a few minutes in a downpour and longer in a slight mist. However, water resistance is not a replacement for waterproof gear. Our Nebo Rain Gear is 100% waterproof with a 30K water barrier and reinforced waterproof seams. They are the pieces you will need when in a rainstorm to be guaranteed dry. Plus they are super lightweight and packable.

Hope this helps anyone else looking to purchase our gear when it comes to cold weather hunting in the rain or snow.

Loughgear

FNG
Hey just wondering if you guys are gunna come out with a break down video of the guardian series really interested in it

Carr5vols

WKR
Good afternoon wanted to give an initial review on the Unita Early Season Pants and the kaibab 150 SS shirt that I received thru the SKRE gear giveaway. I have yet to get to wear these on a hunt or any length of time and will supply a more detailed review after a few hunts I have in Tennessee and Georgia in the next few weeks.

First and foremost "realunlucky" or Sam is awesome, customer interactions and quality is what keep customers coming back!

The kaibab ss shirt received xlarge, I am 6ft roughly 205 lbs and the xlarge fit like it should. Stitching looked and felt really good. I have multiple 150 merino shirts and this one seemed less itchy than my BO 150 LS shirt, but not as soft as my Smartwool 150 LS shirt. I do feel like this SKRE would hold its shape and not sag after multiple days of wear compared to the other two shirts. I am not hung up on camo patters but the shirt did have a darker brown compared to the pants (see pic). Not a deal breaker for me as I wear solids most of the time except turkey season, which these will work perfectly for.

Unita Early Season Pant received a 36 waist and they fit like they should. I destroy pants so I have never really owned an expensive pair of hunting pants. I typically run the EB Pros and get them when they have a good sale. All zippers worked smooth and the stitching was good everywhere . There was plenty of room in the crotch area, and the knee area had plenty of room due to the gussets design. The material did not stretch as much as the EB Pros but that could be a good thing depending on how you like your pants to ride. The pants did have side venting and the mesh used in the venting is the same mesh that is used for pockets. The mesh is smooth and should not cause any issues. Another thing I really appreciated about these pants is calf muscle space, I hate for pants to be tight on my calves and these had enough material to give some room but should not bunch under gaiters. A few issues I did see that could make these panView attachment 332046View attachment 332047ts superb. Belt loops- the pants have 6, most pants have 5, I wish there would have been 8. Deeper pockets- the cargo pockets and rear pockets are great but the ones on the front where not even a hand deep ( see pic).

Overall I am impressed with both items and do not feel anyone could go wrong with these. I will give an additional review after the upcoming hunts.
Been on some additional hunts with the pants today it was mid 20s with 15 to 20 mph wind and with a smart wool base layer I stayed warm enough for me. After a few washes the pants have really softened up and really really like these pants. Only thing in my opinion that needs to change is deeper pockets. Would recommend these pants for sure.

I was lucky enough to get a free pair of the SKRE Hardscrabble Pants and wanted to share my thoughts, albeit this is prior to putting them through the ringer just yet. My first impression leaves me convinced they're a great do-it-all pant. The sizing was spot on and the overall fit is excellent for range of motion and function, while still allowing room for a heavy base layer if desired. I wouldn't say they're quiet, but then again I don't think they're loud either. The fabric will endure plenty of abuse. I like the zippered cargo pockets, plenty of room and easy to access. Hip vents are clutch. The Solace pattern looks even better in person, I'm digging it. I'd recommend hunters give these pants a try if they're looking for something versatile and well made. Thanks for a quality product, SKRE!

BadDogPSD

WKR
I've been wearing SKRE for the past few seasons. I've been pleased with the performance of the clothing in a variety of conditions; balmy 60 degrees to single digits with windchill below zero. Durability has been excellent, as is the fit and function. Most of my gear was purchased before the Solace pattern came out, but that looks like a winner.

OP
realunlucky

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think the Solace pattern worked really well in the tree stand.
1c4f5549de18bd2beece928d3dc43dd6.jpg

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

I got my first set of Kodiak pants the other day. I got them in the new pattern Solace. Due to the fact that I will be using these later in the season and personally I like the pattern for the area that I hunt later on in the season for Mule deer and elk. The first time I took them out it was in the single digits. I don’t know how I have gone without these pants. They are now one of my favorites. I have worn the Skre Hardscrabble pants with the kaibab 150. It has worked but it was a hassle these pants are one piece and work awesome. This is a picture of the area that I hunt later for mule deer and the other for elk.19978ED9-76A3-4D26-B1A7-A22734EE118C.jpegC7AEAB39-5AE6-46C5-9BD3-65B2179BFE9E.jpeg

OP
realunlucky

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
I find myself wearing the Kodak pants more and more. They block the wind better then hardscrabble and the lining is warm and you still have the hip vents to dump some heat if needed.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

sneaky

"DADDY"
Are those Kodiak pants suspender compatible?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I find myself wearing the Kodak pants more and more. They block the wind better then hardscrabble and the lining is warm and you still have the hip vents to dump some heat if needed.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
I have used these things so much they are awesome I am also starting to become a big fan of the solace pattern. These pants are amazing! So amazing that my brother steals them to go duck hunting while I’m am in school, of course. 50DD4C34-2D08-412D-A789-CCA1D4D23D9A.jpegEF9F3AB9-47EB-441B-85AB-B102DC1179F0.jpeg

Had a great time out in the turkey woods last weekend. We got two really nice MT merriams. I wore my kaibab 150s with my kodiak pants. The tempature was roughly 19-40 degrees. I stayed warm the entire time even opening up my side vents to dump some heat. B436FBDC-897D-4A99-AFB0-4437BB21F2F8.jpeg