2021 Stone Glacier clothing

Shayman

FNG
Really glad to hear that, I ordered a pair because they looked to be more tapered in the lower leg. Should be getting mine later this week.

Doc Holliday

WKR
Classified Approved
Just received my Helio this morning (less than 48 hours after I purchased, and I am in south Florida. Still have not received my in stock jacket I ordered from Kuiu 6 days ago (and I am a "Platinum Inner Circle" member)...tracking says it will be delivered 2 more days from now...)

First impressions are this is a quality garment that is going to be warm for its weight and thickness. The grid fleece pattern looks and feels great. I am 5'10", 200#, 35" inch waist...the Large fits somewhat athletically, but looser than I was expecting, which gives it a very comfortable fit. I can see myself wearing this all the time. Zipped all the way up with the hood over my head, it leaves just the right amount of room for your face. Two thumbs up. For $120, I think this a great buy.

bates

WKR
I just got my lite pants

super happy with them

seem to fit the same or similar to the other SG pants

kinda of oD type green

kinda reminds me of some kuhl renegades off the initial feel

again the ups truck just left

but they are much lighter than the originals

kinda noisy when rubbed together

I like them a lot though

FlyingDutchman

Lil-Rokslider
What? No Grumman Vest in the solid darker grey?
Those Dehaviland Lite look like a solid pant. Somebody who has both the DH and DH lite please comment on the noise of the Nylon of the DH lite vs the Poly/Nylon blend if the DH pant.

slowelk

WKR
Hunters on rokslide. "Its annoying when companies rush products to market only to change them later."
Also hunters on rokslide. "Its disappointing that the prototype product in some of these pictures hasn't been released yet."

Hunters are a hard bunch to please.

I recognize the irony too.

68Plexi

WKR
Curios for those DH pant owners, how does the material do with brush stickers and burrs? Are the normal HV too thick for summer hiking? Not sure if the original or the lites would be better for summer/fall. I’ve been looking at KUII Katanas because my Attacks grab every burr I come within 5 feet of. I really like the KUIU pant hip vents with the mesh opening. DH hip vent zipper is so much longer the reinforced zipper section looks like it may affect how the leg material bends and stretches. Is it noticeable/annoying?

Honestly, I really like the ability to put knee pads in the pant for archery, but then take them out for general day hiking. I had a pair of KUIU Alpines with the external knee pads and they just didn’t fit my torso length well. What knee pads have you used in them that worked well? Appreciate the help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gleason51

Lil-Rokslider
On our sheep hunt last year, one of my friends and I were each wearing the original DH pants and the other buddy had some pair of kuiu pants/gaiters. Only one of us spent an ass load of time pulling hounds tongue/burrs off, and it wasn’t either of us in the DH pants.

The originals did just fine on that hunt. It was late august/early September and temps got as high as probably 70. I was a little warm at times. I think the lites will be perfect for these types of hunts and/or use throughout the summer.

To answer your other question about the long vents being annoying, I’ve never had any issues with them. Whether they are open or shut, they move fine while hiking and I’ve never had them bind up or bug me in any way. I was pretty impressed after a very hard fall season wearing the original DH pants almost exclusively, they look new still.

68Plexi

WKR
Thank you, this is a very helpful response.

OP
MT_Wyatt

MT_Wyatt

WKR
Curios for those DH pant owners, how does the material do with brush stickers and burrs? Are the normal HV too thick for summer hiking? Not sure if the original or the lites would be better for summer/fall. I’ve been looking at KUII Katanas because my Attacks grab every burr I come within 5 feet of. I really like the KUIU pant hip vents with the mesh opening. DH hip vent zipper is so much longer the reinforced zipper section looks like it may affect how the leg material bends and stretches. Is it noticeable/annoying?

Honestly, I really like the ability to put knee pads in the pant for archery, but then take them out for general day hiking. I had a pair of KUIU Alpines with the external knee pads and they just didn’t fit my torso length well. What knee pads have you used in them that worked well? Appreciate the help!

I think the originals would work, but they can be hot when the sun is baking......

Anyone thinking about using the Zenith as a late season outer layer for bow hunting? Hunted in the de havilland jacket in AZ last week and it was a lot louder than I had anticipated

Shayman

FNG
Just got my DH Lite pants today, and the fitting does seem similar to the regular DH pants. I have to say though, the color to me does not match the first picture online at all. I was expecting much more of a light tan/gray color and these are pretty solidly green to me. I guess I should have paid more attention to the other photos on their website. The packaging labels them as "Tarmac" and I just do not see that color at all. I will be most likely returning them for that reason.

I am pretty confused with the sizing on Stone Glacier bottoms. I have now ordered their merino base layer in small and in medium. The smalls were far too short, and tight to the skin, and the mediums were much more loose fitting everywhere and not tight to skin at all. I ordered a pair of the Helio bottoms in medium, and they fit much more tight to the skin than the medium merino base layer bottoms, to the point that the merino could not fit beneath them. The Helios fit well in the waist and thighs, but are very tight on my calves, and I certainly do not have what can be described as big calves. I ordered a medium in the pants and those fit pretty well. I really wanted these to all work well together but I'm starting to think that their clothing might not be for me which is a bummer, as I love their packs. For reference I am 6'2" and 185 lbs.

HuntWyld

WKR
I received the DH lite pants and chinook top today. Both fit as expected for me and the lite pants seem very similar to the Sitka ascent pants in weight and feel. The sole reason I went with these over the ascents is the large side zips to assist in heat management. The pants do not seem to be too noisy which was a big concern when ordering. The chinook is incredibly soft and does not feel like your standard merino blend. Out of the gate I am extremely pleased with both of these pieces and will probably be leaning more SG over Sitka in the future for technical clothing.

FlyingDutchman

Lil-Rokslider
Can someone post up pics of the DH lite color at home? SG website photos appear more of a greenish grey.

Do any of you all have a bead on their sleeping bags coming back into stock? I'm looking to spend my government gear money on one of the 15s...

OP
MT_Wyatt

MT_Wyatt

WKR
The Lites are exactly the same as the regulars on cut when I lay them over each other. They wear pretty soft, and aren’t as stiff as the regular ones. Agree with color - I was very surprised they had some green to them. It’s a great muted color, but have to agree, the online photos didn’t have me expecting that. (later edit)- BUT I went back and looked and I can see it in all of them, so I’m not sure what my deal is. Regardless I think they’ll work fine. I’m 5’8” med and need to have the bottoms hemmed, they are a tad too long for me.

This is actually a very accurate photo showing the color difference I think with the merino.
E0F21FF6-70AD-42B2-829D-014A6F3D1485.jpeg

Merino seems great to me, trying this weekend along with the DLite pants. Also got the zenith - same cut as softshell but a bit more relaxed, which really makes a difference. I was surprised the collar and trimming is the softshell material but it works fine. It’s basically a jacketed sweater knit. Fits like a jacket for sure.

Last edited:

slingerHB

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone have the M7 jacket yet. Looking for fit/comfort and how noisy is the material

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk