2021 Stone Glacier clothing

gsully

Lil-Rokslider
Does anyone know what they are changing with the regular DH pants in the 2021 line? I saw they are on clearance right now on Black Ovis due to changing something in the 2021 version.

OP
MT_Wyatt

MT_Wyatt

WKR
How noisy exactly, anyone able to offer input?

Kuiu Attack and Pro reign supreme for me because I value stealth above all else. Curious to know how these compare.

Hiked in them today - not at quiet as attacks.

sd375

Lil-Rokslider
Does anyone know what they are changing with the regular DH pants in the 2021 line? I saw they are on clearance right now on Black Ovis due to changing something in the 2021 version.
I’m wondering the same thing. I’ve heard a couple reports the 2021 version has a slightly different fit. Maybe @Kurt will weigh in?

Hiked in them today - not at quiet as attacks.
Quiet enough to archery hunt in?

Before this year my default Kuiu pant was the Pro's, and I was able to sneak up on bedded Mule Deer and Elk in them. Wondering if the SG Lite's would be quiet enough for this with careful strides.

HuntWyld

WKR

Before this year my default Kuiu pant was the Pro's, and I was able to sneak up on bedded Mule Deer and Elk in them. Wondering if the SG Lite's would be quiet enough for this with careful strides.
Nope

OP
MT_Wyatt

MT_Wyatt

WKR

I think the answer to that will widely vary - some will say yet, some will say no. They will make noise when rubbed together, OR when something rubs against them. I haven't used them enough to say what I think, but currently plan on using them during archery, and I shoot a recurve. Nylon is tough, but typically noiser than a poly fabric pant.

Team4LongGun

SUPER MODERATOR
Staff member
Not a ton of info on website regarding their specific usage, I'm guessing late season, cold all the time type hunt. Can you give some perspective?
Thanks

Not a ton of info on website regarding their specific usage, I'm guessing late season, cold all the time type hunt. Can you give some perspective?
Thanks

Ya for sure a rifle late season pant. I don’t know if I like them. But I called them and they talked me into keeping them to atleast try. They aren’t that fair off from the m5. You can tell it’s “softer” just as noisy in my opinion against brush. But less crinkly if that makes sense.
They said after a wash or two they soften up. I mean in all reality unless you have wool or fleece pants nothing is dead silent. Tbh if sitka, first lite, Kuiu or sg made a lite quick dry zip over fleece pant for stalks would probably be the best your ever gonna get. Unless you wanna be wet all day.

Dkuczek

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
I just got my M7 Jacket today. Not really what I was expecting and disappointed....its extremely lightweight and doesn't feel like it adds any warmth value as the fleece is really light. I would compare it to slightly heavier than my Sitka Mountain but no where near my KUIU Axis.

Bought an XL as per size guide and need to return it as the sleeves are ridiculously long....I have 36" arms but this jacket even drags over my knuckles. Measured it out and seems the velcro cuff wasn't accounted for and is in fact 1.5" longer than it should be

All in all it sucks with this experience being in Canada as the fees to get it here were over half the price of the jacket itself. Just over 275.00 for the extra freight and the border fun

slingerHB

Lil-Rokslider
I just got my M7 Jacket today. Not really what I was expecting and disappointed....its extremely lightweight and doesn't feel like it adds any warmth value as the fleece is really light. I would compare it to slightly heavier than my Sitka Mountain but no where near my KUIU Axis.

Bought an XL as per size guide and need to return it as the sleeves are ridiculously long....I have 36" arms but this jacket even drags over my knuckles. Measured it out and seems the velcro cuff wasn't accounted for and is in fact 1.5" longer than it should be

All in all it sucks with this experience being in Canada as the fees to get it here were over half the price of the jacket itself. Just over 275.00 for the extra freight and the border fun
That's not what I wanted to hear as I just ordered the m7 to be my softshell/rain coat in early season hunts. Maybe it will still fit in my system.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Dkuczek

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
That's not what I wanted to hear as I just ordered the m7 to be my softshell/rain coat in early season hunts. Maybe it will still fit in my system.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
If you are looking for early season i would say this will work well. I just expected "late season" setup. I would have kept it as its so costly to get here but I literally cannot make the sleeves work I have have a 36" reach (reason I went with XL)

I’m thinking about sending mine back too as I have the same exact complaints.

jt4

WKR
How do the original de havilland pants fit? Is the sizing true to the website. 36" waist says L, but I prefer the fit of XL in first lite pants.

68Plexi

WKR
How do the original de havilland pants fit? Is the sizing true to the website. 36" waist says L, but I prefer the fit of XL in first lite pants.

If you prefer xl in first lite then I’d go with xl in the dehavilland. I am a 36 and first lite pants fit me well. Kuiu 36 can even be a little loose on me. I ordered a pair of the DH in large and I’ve got them adjusted all the way out to fit. They are meant to be worn a little higher in the waist than FL or Kuiu, but I thought about returning them for an xl, but I don’t want anything else on them to be any bigger. Hope that helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chirogrow

Lil-Rokslider
Is the M7 suppose to be like the kuiu katana series? I thought I heard stone glacier was coming out with something similar.

Is the M7 suppose to be like the kuiu katana series? I thought I heard stone glacier was coming out with something similar.

My understanding is that it’s the same shell material as the m5 but with a very light fleece backer. It does feel a little more durable than the m5. No experience with the katana. I’m stoked about the m7 pants. Just what I was looking for for some of my hunts.

Tanner W

Lil-Rokslider
I really like the fit on the DLite pants. Very fitted but can still maneuver. I only have worn them for one day, I’d say they’re a bit on the noisy side compared to attack pants but I think the material will be tougher on the DLite pants. I really like the color too, I live in AZ.52D7FEDB-F331-4D3E-BB21-76591FFA3735.jpeg