2021 - Weight Loss/Way in Thread

brimow

Lil-Rokslider
Man I have hit a weird early plateau. Haven't had a sip of booze in 7 days, added 2 days extra of cardio workouts on top of my normal 3 days of lifting and been sleeping good but I actually added a pound this week so now up to 252. Don't feel I did anything wrong with food but has to be it.

Gonna hit the gym hard this afternoon. Keep at it everyone!

Reactions: LLB
I watch a guy on you tube named Dr. Berg.
Very helpful information on the nutrition side.

brimow

Lil-Rokslider
I watch a guy on you tube named Dr. Berg.
Very helpful information on the nutrition side.
Thanks. I have watched several of his videos over the past year or so. I have been 18:6 with 2 meals intermittent fasting for awhile (1-2 years) but think I need to change that up some. Might work to the 20:4 with 2 meals.

ChrisA

WKR
Man I have hit a weird early plateau. Haven't had a sip of booze in 7 days, added 2 days extra of cardio workouts on top of my normal 3 days of lifting and been sleeping good but I actually added a pound this week so now up to 252. Don't feel I did anything wrong with food but has to be it.

Gonna hit the gym hard this afternoon. Keep at it everyone!
I dont usually start to shed pounds until the second week after stopping the booze and cleaning up the diet.

Hang in there, it gets better.

Chris

Wvroach

WKR
I'll be a bit late but put myself in here to,
2-6 233lbs
6'1
Goal 215, by May 1st, cleaned up the diet and hike with pack 2x a week, my work is also pretty physical. Light weight lifting 2x a week any longer I've busted myself up to much to go heavy.

brimow

Lil-Rokslider
Had a good weekend.
Down to 248 now from 258 start.

Must have been a weird blip last Friday.

Sunbkpk

FNG
Will jump in. 55 years old. 6'3" and 264 lbs as of 2/7. Goal by September to be in the 220s. Elleptical with light pack and watching calories with Myfitnespal. 215 to 225 is a good weight for me in the mountains. Working from home the past year got me up to my highest ever again. Got to 220 that year for September but was a few years younger.

ChrisA

WKR
Jan 3rd 235 lbs, this morning was 216 lbs.

Still eating clean, some IF, watching calories, and most importantly, no booze.

Gawd damn there are days I crave a Jim Beam though. Friends keep questioning me how long this sobriety is gonna last, I guess I was more fun when drinking? I feel like if I have one drink then I'll get right back into a rut, its a ****** up deal.

Chris

Well not sure what happened this week, but I jumped up to 235.6 this morning. No diet changes, still working out, so I'm hoping it's just a weird water retention thing. Going to step up the workouts a bit more and see what that does!

I’m in 6’2”
2/12 219.8

goal weight of 205 by July 1st. That is doable with less than 3lb average drop a mo. My hardest thing is to drop the DR Peppers, something about those 23 flavors.

How many are keeping up adequate fluid intake? Mine is 120oz a day and more with exercise.

my fitness pal is a good app to track food, weight, and water intake.

LLB

Lil-Rokslider
Update. Lost 2 lbs from last weigh in 2 weeks ago. Now at 201 lbs.

Ran a Cupid's Run virtual 5k yesterday. 29:37 on the Strava app. Dropped a minute overall from my last 5k race. Feel good but still have a ways to go on my fitness/weight loss. Another 5k in 2 weeks, this one is a real race, chip timed run on a hilly course.

Last edited:

Wvroach

WKR
2-14 1 week update 230 down 3lbs, another 15 and I'll be happy at 215 seems to be a good weight for me where I feel my best.

Wvroach

WKR
I’m in 6’2”
2/12 219.8

goal weight of 205 by July 1st. That is doable with less than 3lb average drop a mo. My hardest thing is to drop the DR Peppers, something about those 23 flavors.

How many are keeping up adequate fluid intake? Mine is 120oz a day and more with exercise.

my fitness pal is a good app to track food, weight, and water intake.
I feel your pain, I cut out soda a few months back due to headaches and stomach issues. I was drinking a 12 pack of pepsi or mtn dew a day. Moderation is hard for me and soda it is easier to just cut it out completely.

I drink around a gallon and a half of water a day now, summer time around 2 gallons when working in the heat, not because I'm thirsty most of the time just enjoy drinking is all.

ChrisA

WKR
Down 2 lbs from last week, 21 lbs since Jan 3. Haven't really set a goal yet but another 15 would be nice before August.

Chris