2021 - Weight Loss/Way in Thread

270quest

WKR
Might as well get one going and try to motivate each other...November and December I got Lazy and ate and drank way too much...Realized I really needed to make a change from seeing myself in pictures but also the acid reflux kicking in. Weighed 265 on Christmas Eve at 5'11"... TIME FOR CHANGE!!! Bought an elliptical and some free weights and started my weight loss journey on Dec. 30th.

Was at 256 Monday morning the 18th (Doing Weekly Weigh Ins)

Goal is to be at 245 by end of January, 230 by end of Feb, 215, by end of March, 200 by end of April, Final weight of 190 by End of May.

03mossy

WKR
Good luck with your goals. Your off to a good start. I am in the same boat as you (same weight but a few inches taller). It amazes me to see people lose weight so fast. Losing 65 lbs in 5 months is a pretty high goal but would be awesome. Can I ask what your plans are to hit those marks?

brimow

Lil-Rokslider
I'll join in this as I need to find as many forms of accountability as I can. Got extremely fat after last September. It is so easy to put on 30-40lbs in a short period of time!

age 47 3/4 (as my kids like to do)
height 6'
weight on 1/4: 258 lbs
weight on 1/18: 254 lbs
weight on 1/25: 251 lbs
weight on 2/8: 248 lbs
weight on 2/20: 245 lbs
weight on 3/4: 243
weight on 3/22: 243

Goal weight by August '21: 215lbs (feel this is realistic and fits my body type well)

I currently lift 3x per week using stronglifts 5x5 program. I have been doing this in variations for several years. I have decent barbell strength but am just a strong old fat guy at this point. Adding in jump rope workouts, weighted hikes, jogging, biking, and yoga.

Overhaul the diet with emphasis on removing sugars and veggie oils. Started the year by eliminating most carbs. Now working on making alcohol an occasional treat instead of a staple. Booze has been my nemesis!

Already looking forward to September!

Last edited:
I currently lift 3x per week using stronglifts 5x5 program. I have been doing this in variations for several years. I have decent barbell strength but am just a strong old fat guy at this point. Adding in jump rope workouts, weighted hikes, jogging, biking, and yoga.
Such a good program @brimow ! Good luck on your journey. This will be a great place to offer accountability!

simpy16

FNG
I will join. I started early though with a shift in work to being on nightshift and not wanting to sit around on my days off eating. Started first of Dec.

Height: 5'10
Weight on Dec. 1: 215
Weight on Jan 21: 198

Goal is to be around 175-180 by mid April.

Hitting the gym 3-4 days doing interval training with a Nike Training App, just purchased MTN Tough programs and looking forward to those. Also 2-3 days a week I am doing a 5k run to work on endurance.

fwafwow

WKR
Classified Approved
I’m in.

Height: ~6’2”
Weight on ~Dec. 5: ~210, body fat about 15%
Weight on Jan 21: 191, body fat about 12.5%

Exercise has been limited to 2-3x per week (at most) with about 30 min walking on elevated treadmill and some light weight

Not sure of goal weight, or body fat %, but see primary care physician on Monday to do a good bit of bloodwork so we can debate a bit more my animal based/carnivore diet.

5'9" with a goal of 200 lbs +/- 5 lbs by March 15.

Jan 1: 223
Jan 15: 215

I tear the shit out of my body in the summer and fall and have a tough time adjusting to the calories/carbs when I don't tear my body up.

One goal in 2021 is to not drink pop or alcohol and right now I'm 21 days in on no pop (3.1 lbs of crap not drinken based off 40 OZ a day) and haven't had a drink since October 26.

Lost a lot of body fat this month and put on muscle so far. Cardio's in great condition for this time of year and average mile is about 10 seconds faster than what I'm usually at. Noticeable difference in mirror.

Robster

Lil-Rokslider
Age is a critical component in factoring in your weight loss. I used to shed the pounds by thinking about it. Not so much anymore. I would recommend those that haven't put their age to do so as it gives perspective and more motivation.

Than being said,

Age 50
Height 5' 6 1/2"
Starting weight 175
Goal....no weight goal, just to be in mountain shape. I have a hike planned. 6 miles in followed by three peaks with over 4000' elevation gain followed by 6 miles out. In one day. It is to do Seward, Donaldson and Emmons peaks in the Adirondack High Peaks region.

Hopefully achieving that goal will drop 15-20 pounds. I don't drink soda so I have made it a dry January and plan to continue into mid February.

Good luck to everyone on achieving your goals

LLB

Lil-Rokslider
I'm in.
Age 60
Weight at 1/1/21 210
5'9"

Some of ya'll have tracked me, was 323 lbs in October 2019. Got down to 198 lbs before the holidays. Ran (2) 5k virtual races in November. Slacked on training and ate some desserts, banned foods and complemented it with some adult beverages over December. Gained 12 lbs. Back on training and have (2) 5k races in February. Weight as of 1/24/21 was 206 lbs. Goal of 180 lbs but my real goal is to just get into the best shape I can be in for my age. Not 20 anymore :cautious: even if I think I am.

Good luck to everybody on this health/fitness journey 👍.

ChrisA

WKR
I'd better get in even if I failed last time and quit posting. Weighed my heaviest ever Jan 3rd and said F that shit and haven't drank a drop of alcohol since. Been stretching, doing some calisthenics, minor weight training, and eating clean; kinda ramping up slowly but feeling pretty good.

47 year old
5'10"
Jan 3rd was 235
Jan 27th am at 221

Goal is a sustainable 200. Got down to 193 a few years ago and felt like shit and was hungry all the time. Maybe I was doing something wrong as I shouldbe able to do 185 right?

Chris

*zap*

WKR
^ I am 6' and just under 180# today, 64 yoa, every strength workout the past weeks I am getting stronger...So, yes you should be able to do that with the right approach to it. PM me if you want some pointers.

Last edited:

Rob5589

WKR
Count me in.

6'2"
242 today 01/28

Looking for 200. Been as low as 188 several years ago but was not a realistic weight; was only eating 1200 cals/day.
Main issue is portions, and my half Italian wife that can cook. 😁 Booze was eliminated a while back.

My job makes any regular routine difficult; work nights but back to normal on days off.

So far; body weight and medium weight dumbbell work outs; yoga, mostly for my back; will be walking soon with lightweight pack.

Cut out junk, cut down portions.

I’m in (again, sadly). Accountability is big for me.

Goal 9/1 225
1/24 292 (Heaviest I’ve ever been)

I’ve yo-yo-ed for a couple years. The frustrating part is that I don’t eat terrible (no fast food, minimal sweets, no soda/juice). But, I eat when I’m stressed or bored (hello COVID!) and I like to drink beer. So, I’m cutting back the booze and trying to limit snacking. Tracking helps me with this because I have to consciously record what I consume.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk