2021 - Weight Loss/Way in Thread

Wife went to Arizona for a week, and I must have taken that as an excuse to eat like crap and not work out. Ballooned up to 239 this morning. Going to hit the diet hard, and increase the workouts. 12 weeks until spring bear, so I'm hoping to get to 215 before then! Keep it up everyone!

*zap*

WKR
What has worked for me has been all natural foods diet....foods with one ingredient on the label or maybe less than 1% of a second ingredient.

Daily, long duration, fasted , low intensity cardio. A good amount of hard strength training every week.

Intermittent fasting, eating all foods within an 8 hour window on most but not all days.

The three things together is a very good combo. I am maintaining 185 eating approx. 2800 calories a day @ 65 yoa. With warmer weather coming I will be burning more calories daily and should start dropping again.....would like to maintain @ 180 but that pretty low body fat% for my age and for the amount I need to eat to recover/renew my body doing 10+ hours a week of fitness.

LLB

Lil-Rokslider
Weigh in this morning - 200 lbs. No change from last week.

Ran a chip timed 5k yesterday in the rain. 30:11 on their clock. Good enough for 1st place in the 60-69 yr old category. Next 5k in July, this will be a bigger event. Training starts this week for it (y).

Weight on 2/28/2021- 207# (12-17lbs to go)

Haven't made any weight loss progress in the last 10 days. However the mirror and my pants are indicating some weight is being lost.

Have seen an improvement on my comfort / perceived exertion while hiking with 60# as well as just feeling stronger and can do a couple more pull ups than few weeks ago.

I'll join in this as I need to find as many forms of accountability as I can. Got extremely fat after last September. It is so easy to put on 30-40lbs in a short period of time!

age 47 3/4 (as my kids like to do)
height 6'
weight on 1/4: 258 lbs
weight on 1/18: 254 lbs
weight on 1/25: 251 lbs
weight on 2/8: 248 lbs
weight on 2/20: 245 lbs

Goal weight by August '21: 215lbs (feel this is realistic and fits my body type well)

I currently lift 3x per week using stronglifts 5x5 program. I have been doing this in variations for several years. I have decent barbell strength but am just a strong old fat guy at this point. Adding in jump rope workouts, weighted hikes, jogging, biking, and yoga.

Overhaul the diet with emphasis on removing sugars and veggie oils. Started the year by eliminating most carbs. Now working on making alcohol an occasional treat instead of a staple. Booze has been my nemesis!

Already looking forward to September!
I lost 55 from 285 to 230. I am back up around 245 right now. 2 pounds per week is pretty good. I use the week numbers to keep track. Today it is the 9th week of the year, so if I want to loose 20 pounds, that's 10 weeks, week 19, May 9th.

three5x5s

WKR
1 week weight in. #141.6 If that's right I lost #5.2 lbs from my #146.8 stating weight. I doubt it is, but I'll take it.

Reactions: LLB

rclouse79

WKR
I am ten to fifteen pounds over what I would like to be for hunting season and it isn't muscle. I let myself go from pretty good shape pre-covid to my current state. I happened upon a motivational clip from Joe Rogan the other week where he said "90% of success is just showing up". He also said that if he only worked out on the days he felt good he would be a fat piece of $@&%. That advice resonated with me and I have been lifting on my lunch for the past few weeks. I didn't feel like doing it today, but I showed up and my mood has improved. Getting back into shape sucks, and it sucks worse the older you get. I hope I am smart enough to maintain some level of base fitness moving forward.

brimow

Lil-Rokslider
So, slow and steady may just be the way I am going to do this.

3/4 - 243, This is 15lbs since I started which is great. There have been a few ups and downs along the way.

I have also increased my strength during this stretch which is important to me. I have been making steady small gains in the weight room and significant increases in cardio. Started light weighted rucks the last 2 weekends. Sticking to the flat ground around the house for now but will be hitting the foothills later this month.

Have really gotten a handle on the alcohol consumption. I don't touch it at all during the week and have kept it in moderation on a couple weekends. This may even be bigger than the 15lbs for me!

Keep it going! Less than 6 months until hitting the hills for real!

Reactions: LLB

Rob5589

WKR
Bummed to report a gain of nearly 4lbs. Not sure what the deal is, I track every single thing I eat through the Fitness Pal app. Even tried to bump up a couple hundred cals in case I was too low and was unintentionally slowing my metabolism. My guess is that my metabolism has slowed considerably since turning 50 a few years ago. Going to drop to 1500/day and see what happens.

brimow

Lil-Rokslider
Bummed to report a gain of nearly 4lbs. Not sure what the deal is, I track every single thing I eat through the Fitness Pal app. Even tried to bump up a couple hundred cals in case I was too low and was unintentionally slowing my metabolism. My guess is that my metabolism has slowed considerably since turning 50 a few years ago. Going to drop to 1500/day and see what happens.
Hang in there. I am younger and have had several bumps so far. I feel like it’s our old metabolism fighting back. 10 years ago I could have dropped this much in a month easily.

Better late than never.
48 years old
6'0"
225lbs
I finished December last year (2020) 30-35lbs lighter than I started in January (2020). My goal for 2021 is to get a close to 200lbs as possible. For the last year I've just really tried to eat better foods and portion control with lots of mountain bike riding. I've recently began running and just finished my first ever race. A 10k trail race. I feel better than ever but know that I can do better. Being overweight has been a lifelong battle for me. Keep up the good work folks.

DuckDogDr

WKR
I have been serious after it this year as well. I used to be lean and in shape. Couple of friends, eye doc and gf been after me....been seriously neglecting my self with work the past 3 years ...blood pressure been through the roof at 161 /110 and I'm essentially a pre diabetic. Eye doc said he knew BP was up as blood vessels to my retina were straight.... after 3 years of overnights @ 80-100 hours a week and frequent fast food binges..

5'8" , 36 years old
Weight at Christmas 262 lbs
Feb 16 : 255 lbs
Today 246.5

Goal is 175 by September (my college weight )
BP check last week was 128 /94
Fasting glucose dropped from 96 to 83..

Been limiting salt and cutting out carbs, and cut out the cokes

LLB

Lil-Rokslider
Weekly weigh in. 198#s, down 1 lb from last week. Keep at it guys, hunting season will creep up on you.

clwg97

FNG
We are doing a weight loss challenge for work. I started at 6'3", 302lbs on January 5th. I am down to 262 as of March 13th. It ends first week of April but I plan to keep going. I was 220 when I graduated high school, I want to see if I can get there again. Going through 2 pregnancies with my wife and working shift work I struggle to eat healthy, but once I got past the first few weeks it hasn't been overly difficult. giving up a Dr. Pepper once a day has been the hardest part.

three5x5s

WKR
Week #3 weight in. #140.2 not what I had hoped for, but a .4 lb. loss is a loss. We had great weather last week and I worked on the farm after work causing a cut back on my work outs. I know...excuse-excuses. Easing in to keto more each week and feeling a little sluggish,