2021 - Weight Loss/Way in Thread

three5x5s

WKR
Week #6 weight in 135.8 lbs. I'm really happy with that. Missed a workout day and ate a bunch over Easter weekend. Think I will be ready to move up to a more challenging work out by May. Doing 20 mins. on the elliptical at 85% heart rate, surprising how little it takes to get it up there. Hopefully I'm building some lung capacity. It sucks being old.

brimow

Lil-Rokslider
Been a rough couple weeks. Lots of excuses. Kids spring sports have started so my normal workout routine has come to a screeching halt. I have adjusted slightly and getting a little done at lunch and hitting the weekends harder than before. Finally saw the 230s again this weekend. I am about 10lbs away from running again. My feet and knees just can't handle more than 230lbs anymore.

Starting weight 258.
4/11/21 - 238.4

July 4th goal is 215

New Sept 2nd goal is under 210.

Thanks for providing a place to check-in and keep me honest!

03mossy

WKR
Nice work brimow!

I gained 5 last week then down 4 this week. Having a bit of a struggle with balancing good food and a few beers on the weekends with sticking to my goals. I love to grill and have a few beers while grilling. Even built myself an outdoor kitchen last summer. I know I need to cut out the beer and heavy meals but its tough.

strand

Lil-Rokslider
Weight is going down pretty slow but I'm also not eating in a massive deficit, trying to dial in the diet to speed that up a bit. My lifts are consistently going up and I'm feeling stronger on the bike during longer rides. I'm now holding a MT general big game combo so the motivation just jumped a few notches. Come on September!

Height: 5'9"
Goal weight by 9/4: 200 lbs
Starting weight 2/12: 232 lbs
Current weight 4/16: 229.4 lbs

Bearsears

WKR
New weigh in at 276.2 so 7lbs in the last two weeks. I had a great week in the gym last week. Worked on the truck all weekend and the daughter gave me a cold Sunday. The cold put me down all this week so I didnt hit the gym at all. Somehow I still lost some weight lol. PS no I dont have the Rona.

Height: 5'10"
Goal weight by 9/1: 240 lbs
Starting weight 1/15: 309 lbs
Current weight 4/14: 276.2 lbs

Last edited:

LLB

Lil-Rokslider
Weigh in on Sunday, 197 lbs, down 1 lb from last post. Ran the virtual Boston 5k on Friday and set a PR of 28:11 so I guess the slow weight loss isn't really hurting me 👍.

60 yrs old, goal of 180 lbs.

Nomadx2

Lil-Rokslider
I am 6.0" and on Jan 5th was 250 lbs.

Today's weight in has me at 232 lbs on Feb 16th.

My knees are noticing the benefit of the weight loss.

=======================================

Update ... today's weigh in I was 221 lbs ... many false starts but now moving in the right direction.

Update ... am at 219 lbs on todays weigh-in even with a few really good cheat days. Need to watch the carbs and ice cream ... :p😋

6 foot
Turning 40 in 3 weeks

Topped out at 212.
Cleaned up diet and got down to 204 by Jan 1.
Training for a sprint triathlon and as of today I'm 192.
First race is April 18 and I want to race at 180.

Updating this again. I'm at 180.8 this morning. Down 31 pounds total and 23 pounds since Jan. I completed my first sprint triathlon on 4/18/21 and I loved it. I have the tri bug now and signed up for two more sprints, an Olympic distance, and an Ironman 70.3 in October.

Bearsears

WKR
New weigh in at 276.2 so 7lbs in the last two weeks. I had a great week in the gym last week. Worked on the truck all weekend and the daughter gave me a cold Sunday. The cold put me down all this week so I didnt hit the gym at all. Somehow I still lost some weight lol. PS no I dont have the Rona.

Current weight 4/14: 276.2 lbs
New weigh in 273.8 so 2.4lbs since last report. Nothing new to report. Weight loss has slowed a little but Ive been fighting this cold for a few weeks which has slowed me down a bit. Im finally feeling a lot better.

Current weight 4/14: 273.8 lbs
Total weight loss: 35.2 lbs

brimow

Lil-Rokslider
236.0 this morning. (258 start) That gets me over the 20lb mark so that is good. Taken a lot longer to get it off than I hoped but it is coming off.

Gonna slowly start running this week and see how the old bones react. The weather starting to finally feel a little more like it should around here.

LLB

Lil-Rokslider
195 lbs yesterday. Down 2 lbs from last week. Still shooting for 180 but it has definitely slowed down.

SgtTanner

Lil-Rokslider
Just found this. I'm in.

36 years old, male, just shy of 6'.
15 Feb Weight - 244
27 Apr Weight - 223
Goal by Sept - a strong, lean 211

Some background. In January I entered a weightlifting meet in the 109kg weight class (240lbs ish). Did well, hit some PRs on the platform, but I want to be lighter. In September I hope to lift in another meet, would like to lift at 96kg (211lbs), and would like to hit PRs again. I also have a PT test due in September/October time frame, so I need to maintain the run as well. And then an elk trip with my brother in late October or November (depending on what we draw).

I just came out of a pretty intensive back squat program. Over the last 8 weeks, I increased my back squat 30lbs, while also losing 20ish lbs of body weight.

For my eating, I have cut back on the whiskey, and I'm pretty militant on intermittent fasting. Currently do about a 20/4, with one big meal and a snack in there. I work out at the tail end of my eating window. And then zero eating on days where I don't work out, which is Thursdays and Sundays for me. The nice thing about limiting your intake based on time is that, while I generally put quality foods into my body, if I want to have some chocolate, I have some chocolate.

Between the 20/4 and the full-day fast on rest days, I was concerned that I would lose strength, not feel well, not recover well, etc. I haven't experienced any of that. I supplement with a hefty dose of fish oil, some apple cider vinegar, and LMNT salts.

I'll check in here and post updates.

strand

Lil-Rokslider
The scale moved a few lbs since my last weigh-in on the 16th and I finally got back to that happy waist size where my backpack's waist belt doesn't want to slide down every five minutes. I'm guessing a few of you can relate. Certain body shapes (round) just don't work as well with a pack, no matter how gravity defying your pack might be.

Height: 5'9"
Goal weight by 9/4: 200 lbs
Starting weight 2/12: 232 lbs
Current weight 4/28: 226.2 lbs

Reactions: LLB
Just found this. I'm in.

36 years old, male, just shy of 6'.
15 Feb Weight - 244
27 Apr Weight - 223
Goal by Sept - a strong, lean 211

Some background. In January I entered a weightlifting meet in the 109kg weight class (240lbs ish). Did well, hit some PRs on the platform, but I want to be lighter. In September I hope to lift in another meet, would like to lift at 96kg (211lbs), and would like to hit PRs again. I also have a PT test due in September/October time frame, so I need to maintain the run as well. And then an elk trip with my brother in late October or November (depending on what we draw).

I just came out of a pretty intensive back squat program. Over the last 8 weeks, I increased my back squat 30lbs, while also losing 20ish lbs of body weight.

For my eating, I have cut back on the whiskey, and I'm pretty militant on intermittent fasting. Currently do about a 20/4, with one big meal and a snack in there. I work out at the tail end of my eating window. And then zero eating on days where I don't work out, which is Thursdays and Sundays for me. The nice thing about limiting your intake based on time is that, while I generally put quality foods into my body, if I want to have some chocolate, I have some chocolate.

Between the 20/4 and the full-day fast on rest days, I was concerned that I would lose strength, not feel well, not recover well, etc. I haven't experienced any of that. I supplement with a hefty dose of fish oil, some apple cider vinegar, and LMNT salts.

I'll check in here and post updates.

Sounds intense. I was having a hard enough time with 16/8. Decided to cycle off of IF after about 8 weeks, and it actually accelerated my weightloss. Thinking I'll do another 8 weeks once I plateau again.

Reactions: LLB

SgtTanner

Lil-Rokslider
Sounds intense. I was having a hard enough time with 16/8. Decided to cycle off of IF after about 8 weeks, and it actually accelerated my weightloss. Thinking I'll do another 8 weeks once I plateau again.
In some ways it is intense. But after a couple days, a body learns when it's going to get fed, and I don't struggle with hunger outside my eating windows. But everyone's body will react to these things differently. My wife, for example, gets a little hangry, and she likely wouldn't make it past the few days needed to condition the body to the shorter eating window.

I find that with a shorter eating window, I can indulge a little. And in fact I probably should indulge a little, to make sure I'm getting something close to adequate calories within that short window. For example, tomorrow I'm having a ribeye for lunch, but I'm also having chips and salsa/queso. Been craving that for a few days. And I'm not concerned it'll derail my progress.

For years I've loosely stuck to the 16/8 fasting, before I cut it to 20/4 a few months ago. That worked well for me for a long time, but I felt like I had less wiggle room on those little indulgences that I can fit in now.

Lastly, and maybe some of you haven't considered this, I sleep much better when I'm fasted, so my eating window doesn't include a traditionally-timed "dinner." Again, everyone's a bit different. So far this seems to work well for me.

I'll join in.

Height: 6'5"
Goal Weight (Sept.): 215 lbs

Heaviest Weight: 320 lbs
X-mas '20 Weight: 300lbs
Today's Weight: 258 lbs

I began the year by tracking calories in MyFitnessPal App and making sure that I was burning more than I was eating. For exercise, I did a couch to 5K program and lifted some dumbbells in the basement. About March I started tracking macros and moved to doing Beachbody Insanity but I was skipping a lot of workouts. Now I am still tracking macros, started prepping meals and am starting a barbell and conditioning program.

Getting in good enough shape to hunt effectively has been my biggest motivation for losing weight. I've taken hiking trips to Colorado each of the last two years and really struggled both times. I'm starting to feel more capable but I still have a long way to go. I'm hoping to be as prepared as I can to hunt Montana elk in Mid-September this year.