2021 Wyoming elk trespass hunt

buckwalleye

Lil-Rokslider
Did my first western hunt in 2018 Colorado otc archery elk. Great experience, hunted hard, felt like we were in elk - tons of sign, scat, beds,...found a couple wallows that looked like they were getting hit. Just couldn't get it done. I started buying elk/deer/antelope points in 2018 also in Colorado, Wyoming, Utah, Montana. (Trying to have some good hunts when I retire in 18 years!) But I also want to go on an out of state hunt every other year - which has me trying to draw something/somewhere with 3ish points.

Which leads to 2021 - wanting to elk hunt in Wyoming with 2 points. Applications will be here before long, so I'm trying to plan. As much as I'd love to completely do a DIY public land hunt, its a bitter pill to swallow coming home with tag soup after missing time off work plus tag costs. Not looking to spend thousands of dollars on an outfitter with all the amenities and someone holding my hand. Moreso looking for maybe a trespass fee hunt where someone could point us in the right direction. (My hunting partner lives in Colorado, and I will be driving from upstate New York....he moved to Colorado 4 years ago and is still looking to bag his first elk). Any recommendations welcome - feel free to PM.

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

OP
B

buckwalleye

Lil-Rokslider
If you aren't looking for giants, and you are willing to apply special with your 2 points, I know of a reasonably priced elk hunt on private land. Shoot me a PM if interested.
PM sent, thanks

OP
B

buckwalleye

Lil-Rokslider
Are you open to shooting a cow? I know of a really fun hunt in WY. Usually see nice bulls, bucks, and come home with meat.
Open to all options. We talked about looking into a cow hunt and trying to sneak in an antelope hunt along with it, if dates and drawing success lines up the same. Feel free to send a PM with info. Much appreciated!

Herbie03

FNG
Buckwalleye, if you don't mind my sliding into your thread, I'm currently planning the same for this sept (21). I've got 3pts and am looking for a fun archery diy or very inexpensive drop camp or similar hunt in WY. I'd like to take a decent (legal) bull 1st. But want to take home meat so cows are not off the table (pun intended)

Packer9037

Lil-Rokslider
Did you ever find a decent trespass hunt? Wymtnpounder...could you send me a DM? I just joined Rokslide from northern MN so I can't send you a PM yet. I had a 2021 cow hunt lined up in Wyoming for $50 trespass fee, but it doesn't look like that will happen any longer. Looking for some different options.

Cschlimm

FNG
If you aren't looking for giants, and you are willing to apply special with your 2 points, I know of a reasonably priced elk hunt on private land. Shoot me a PM if interested.
Looking for some 2022 options let me know if your willing to share. Got a couple things lined up but always open to other ideas.

Tag soup 3 years in a row. Wy, AZ, Wy again. Traveling 2 days out west and back usually only leaves me with 4 or 5 days to hunt. By the time I figure out the elk, I have to pack up.
Following this thread also. A reasonable Trespass fee to shoot a cow would be nice.