2021 Wyoming Mule Deer

Going to hunt mule deer next fall. I have enough points to draw in units 97, 80, 81. Looks like Unit 97 is a general draw so have the option of a couple other Region Q units. Can anyone offer opinions on the Sweetwater and/or Medicine Bow area? Also looking at Antelope 106 and 52 to coincide with the mule deer areas.

First post here but have been surfing the site for awhile now, I appreciate any info.

Thanks,
Rick

Mike8989

FNG
I'm also looing in unit 80 i have 3 points. If applying in a group in Wyoming you points are averaged correct? I was planning on applying in the special draw. I will be taking my father out so I wanted to make sure we both get a tag if one draws. I have no experience hunting Wyoming for mule deer. I have only hunted them in Montana for the last 3 years.

aidan_downey

Lil-Rokslider
Like anything it is all going to come down to weather. A lot of the bucks in 80 and 81 stay in the thick timber in October. And since it is an earlier October tag that will most likely be the case. I hunt in the snowies a lot and that's how those bucks operate too. Obviously 80 is better because it's a special draw tag which cuts down on your hunter numbers, but if no snow arrives it's going to be tougher. And I guess it all comes down to deer caliber. If you guys are just looking for that 3.5 yr old and under then you'll have an awesome hunt, anything older and it will definitely take some time. I would stick to higher elevation if it has been warm like this year and since it's so timber probably do a lot of still hunting. Definitely a great zone and just across the river to the north is some awesome mule deer hunting so I'm sure if you put the work in you won't be disappointed.