2021 xpedition lineup

OP
chadcharb

chadcharb

Lil-Rokslider
Definitely not a 2021 but my dealer talked me into taking home an og perfextion he had in the shop. I'm not a target shooter at all but I'm shooting a target event this weekend so I figured I could hodgepodge something together with this and give it a whirl. I feel in love with this bow really fast! I shot a 3 spot Vegas round in the yard last night and shot a 295 11x! I remind you I AM NOT A TARGET GUY so for me that's a crazy score lol if the new x37 shoots anything like this people will love it. Mine is set at 52.5# and 30.5dlIMG_20210125_181437_404.jpg

chasewright15

Lil-Rokslider
Well the squeaky wheel gets the grease! My guy got in his x33 this week and will have an x30 next week! The x33 was stiffer than I expected from looking at the cam but not overly stiff at all. It felt like most of the weight came right off the brace and continually got lighter until it clicked into the valley. It's feels lite in the hand but not to lite. The fit and finish of the bow was flawless. The finish itself had a very nice texture to it, enough to provide a little grip but not enough to be bothersome. There is absolutely no shine or gloss to the green that I handled. Unfortunately I couldn't chrono the bow because another customer shot his chrono earlier that day lol. I should be able to check numbers in the next week or so when he gets the replacement. All in all I liked the bow a lot and tentatively put my name on one of the 20 he ordered into the shop already. I want to shoot it at 80# and see how it feels before I decide for sure. The bow I tested was 30/68 and I typically shoot 30.5-31 depending on the bow.

Very very similar to my experience. I shot the X33 and the draw for me was very stiff right off the bat. Definitely surprised me. Pretty light bow for sure with the new riser material. Matte finish is awesome. Didn't get to chrono it but I definitely could tell it was screaming with the aggressive feeling cams after shooting it back to back with a V3. Great bow. When it comes to Xpedition I think the DLX is still my favorite tho. For me. I'm a 30 inch draw so don't struggle to get speed and don't mind a heavy bow tho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DOMMA

FNG
If the X33 ends up being a 335 IBO bow that will still be 10 FPS faster than the Hoyt Ventum 33 based on early tests. The X also weighs 1# less. If it draws like the MX-16 it would still be worth considering and the MX -16 I tested was a bit over 340 IBO.
if I didn’t already have a couple of Mach 1’s I would test one.
Most of the test that I see have the Hoyt Ventum 33 coming in or over IBO, Mike's Archery, the guy that tested the Xpedition X30 embedded in this thread, just tested it and it came in 2 fps faster than its advertised 334 IBO. There are several reviews and test that verify this. I have yet to see one test where it came in slow. I'm currently shooting a Revolt X so I have no horse in this race.

Most of the test that I see have the Hoyt Ventum 33 coming in or over IBO, Mike's Archery, the guy that tested the Xpedition X30 embedded in this thread, just tested it and it came in 2 fps faster than its advertised 334 IBO. There are several reviews and test that verify this. I have yet to see one test where it came in slow. I'm currently shooting a Revolt X so I have no horse in this race.
Watch the Inside Out Precision Ventum 33 test on YouTube. At 29” (top of the short mod) the Ventum 33 with a 475 grain arrow has a calculated IBO of 337, right on. They then test it at 29.5” (bottom of the longer Draw length mod) and get a calculated IBO of 325, well under its rating and actually slower than the same bow at 29” despite 1/2” longer draw length. So the answer is it depends. On the Ventum if all the tests were at 29.5” instead of 29” the buzz would be about how the Ventum 33 is slow compared to IBO. You are correct though that most of the tests reported on the X are coming in well short of IBO, but then even those tests are showing about 325, which is the same as the Ventum 33 at 29.5”, and both are 33” ATA ,6.5” BH bows. When I wrote the earlier post Kevin Robinson had just released a test on the X33 that showed it at 348 IBO with heavier arrows. I have purchased a few bows from Kevin and in each case I was able to repeat the the results he was getting. All the tests I have seen since have shown the X33 to come up short. Kinda like you I will not buy either of these bows but may look hard at the RX5 Ultra since at my 30” draw I would be at the top of the short mod and hopefully that will out perform like it does on the V33.

Buelrdr29

FNG
Well the squeaky wheel gets the grease! My guy got in his x33 this week and will have an x30 next week! The x33 was stiffer than I expected from looking at the cam but not overly stiff at all. It felt like most of the weight came right off the brace and continually got lighter until it clicked into the valley. It's feels lite in the hand but not to lite. The fit and finish of the bow was flawless. The finish itself had a very nice texture to it, enough to provide a little grip but not enough to be bothersome. There is absolutely no shine or gloss to the green that I handled. Unfortunately I couldn't chrono the bow because another customer shot his chrono earlier that day lol. I should be able to check numbers in the next week or so when he gets the replacement. All in all I liked the bow a lot and tentatively put my name on one of the 20 he ordered into the shop already. I want to shoot it at 80# and see how it feels before I decide for sure. The bow I tested was 30/68 and I typically shoot 30.5-31 depending on the bow.
If you are in Washington, I am probably the "other guy" that shot the chrono! Biggest bonehead move I have made in a bow shop. The point on aim was deceptive with where I was hitting, no sight or peep installed (just excuses I know). Have shot through my chrono so many times and never expected to make that mistake.

I can tell you at 66 lbs and 29 inches it shot a 347 gr arrow at 301 FPS and a 502 gr arrow at 260 fps. My understanding is that the bow is making at least 7 fps more now after initial tuning. So there may still be a slight speed rating issue, but it maybe getting resolved with tuning. We shall see.

After shooting the x33 back to back with my Vertix, the X33 felt smoother on the draw cycle but was more front loaded with a longer stroke at peak pull weight. So it should be building more energy due to the draw force curve that would be representative of the pulling force.

Finish was awesome and very "tactical" looking and grippy in texture. I have a Martin Axxon 36 and the finish and grip feel if very close to the Shark Skin finish of the Martin.

I will be building this bow for a cross over for outdoor shooting, turkey and deer hunting, and elk hunting if the speeds are close to my Vertix once tuned. I am being picky about the accessories added in order to keep the overall weight low since this is the point of buying this bow. Light weight for those 20 miles of hiking days.

Vandal 44

WKR
I finally got the call, my Xpedition X-33 is in. I will be going to get it all set up tomorrow, once its dialed I will give you some speeds and compare to the Mathews Traverse and V-3 31

Last edited:
OP
chadcharb

chadcharb

Lil-Rokslider
I finally go the call my Xpedition X-33 is in. I will be going to get it all set up tomorrow, once its dialed I will give you some speeds and compare to the Mathews Traverse and V-3 31
Lucky!

I currently shoot an Xpedition MX-16 and absolutely love the bow, but the X-33 sure has caught my eye. I’d like to shoot one, mainly to see how noticeable the weight difference is.

Vandal 44

WKR
Got home late last night and did not have time to get the bow fully set up. This morning went down to my little home bow shop and finished setting the bow up. I just roughed in the paper tune, it’s close to a bullet hole but need to make a few little tweaks and it will be perfect.

Specs on the Xpedition X-33
Axle to Axle: 32.5”
Brace Height: 6. 5/8”
Draw Length: 29. 3/4”
Let off: Factory says 85%
Bow weight Set Up: 5.5 pounds
60 pound limbs backed down to 53 pounds

I did run it through my Pro Chrono (with new battery)

438 grain arrow: 259 FPS
455 grain arrow: 254 FPS

I really like the draw of the X-33; smooth draw all the way through with minimal to no hump or dump into the extremely solid back wall.

If I relax to much at full draw the bow will try and take off but not to crazy like some other speed bows.

The shot: very minimal hand vibration. After several shots I do not notice it. If I had the bow maxed out hand vibration would be even less.

I will shoot it this weekend and give more feedback if y’all want

Specs on the Mathews V-3
Axle to Axle: 31. 1/8
Brace Height: 6. 1/8
Draw Length: 29. 7/8
Let Off: Factory 85% Mods
Bow Weight Set Up: 7.2 pounds
60 pound mods back down to 54.5 pounds

Through my Chrono Pro (minutes after shooting the X-33)

438 grain arrow: 259 FPS
455 grain arrow: 255 FPS

I am not a fanboy of any manufacturer, I shoot what I like and don’t care about most people opinions. I would hope everyone keeps it civil, these are just my opinions.

Looking for a new bow and am interested in Xpedition. For those that have shot both, get an MX-16 or splurge for something from the new lineup?

Vandal 44

WKR
I have owned both MX-16 still own the X-33. These bows draw about the same, it’s so close I would give the draw cycle edge to the X-33. At full draw both bows are the same. The biggest difference is in the overall weight of the bow.

OP
chadcharb

chadcharb

Lil-Rokslider
I FINALLY got my x33 a few weeks ago. It came in with 65lb limbs and I ordered up a set of 80lb limbs to throw on. My initial chrono testing showed really good numbers at 66lb 30.5" dl. I was getting 266fps out of a 590gr arrow. Swapped those limbs out for the 80's and got 287-290 with the same arrow. I'm happy with the draw cycle as well. It loads early and carries the weight most of the way through but doesn't dump at the end. It tapers off gradually and locks into a typical limb stop back wall.

I love the texture of the finish. It adds a really good grip feel without having to add any kind of tape to get it. Fit and finish as good with no noticeable imperfections. Overall very happy with the bow so far.

Buelrdr29

FNG
I was not patient enough to wait for my X33. Ended up canceling my order and went with a PSE Mach 1 Carbon bow. It came in after about 6 weeks or so. Glad you got yours with a few weeks to get it dialed in for the season.

OP
chadcharb

chadcharb

Lil-Rokslider
I was not patient enough to wait for my X33. Ended up canceling my order and went with a PSE Mach 1 Carbon bow. It came in after about 6 weeks or so. Glad you got yours with a few weeks to get it dialed in for the season.
Yea it's crazy how bad xpedition has screwed this up. They can pass the blame on covid all they want but at some point you have to take responsibility for yourself. Dealers everywhere are getting killed because of it.