2021 xpedition lineup

chadcharb

Lil-Rokslider
Has anyone got their hands on a 2021 xpedition yet? I've been shooting obsession for a long time but I've owned and shot every model they've made and feel like it might be the year to try something new. My dealer says he'll have his 2021 obsessions and xpeditions in soon but waiting sucks!

Attachments

• 136178449_3381961961932596_8376921429079918460_o.jpg
    136178449_3381961961932596_8376921429079918460_o.jpg
    279 KB · Views: 112

Trial153

WKR
They have the best specs of any line in 2021 thats for sure. That said I am still gun shy of any hybrid more so any hybrid that KS was involved in designing.

OP
chadcharb

chadcharb

Lil-Rokslider
They have the best specs of any line in 2021 thats for sure. That said I am still gun shy of any hybrid more so any hybrid that KS was involved in designing.
Why is that? I'm pretty comfortable with strothers stuff since I've been shooting obsession for the last 7 or so years

Trial153

WKR
Why is that? I'm pretty comfortable with strothers stuff since I've been shooting obsession for the last 7 or so years
Two reasons. First off most of his number are inflated, well bullshit is a better word
Second for a 6.5 brace hight bow to be 350IBO it doing to have an ungodly draw cycle. Or maybe it's a 330 IBO bow and feels okay....in that case see number one.

That said in would love to be proved wrong as new materials may bring a lot to the table. Bow design peaked about 10 years ago and we been mostly flat or a tiny incline. New materials would be our only hope at this point.

OR Archer

WKR
I like the looks of the new bows and the numbers are appealing. I think they make a good quality bow and they shoot really good. Time will tell on the new material on how it holds up. But I like the direction they’re going.

OP
chadcharb

chadcharb

Lil-Rokslider
I like the looks of the new bows and the numbers are appealing. I think they make a good quality bow and they shoot really good. Time will tell on the new material on how it holds up. But I like the direction they’re going.
I owned an xcentric 6 when they came out and liked the fit, finish and quality of the bow but ultimately sold it because the draw cycle was a bit stiffer than I preferred. I tested out the 2020's when they came out and was much happier with that draw cycle than the previous. The material innovation is what has me interested. It seems like everyone else is happy pushing it the same old thing every year.

I have owned an Xcursion 7 and Denali. Both were great bows. I really had no reason to sell them other than the fact that I like to try new bows. The X33 and the Prime Nexus 4 are two bows that have my attention this year. If the numbers are accurate (read true) on the X33 I might have to buy one.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Shawn_Guinn

Lil-Rokslider
Had a xcentric 7 it was every bit of its 340 ibo, that’s why ultimately I got rid of it. Wasn’t hard to tune but a smooth draw it lacked. Kinda excited to try a new model. Especially with Hoyts carbon rx5 rumored to be 4.4 lbs. I wished I liked evolve cams like so many others so my choices for sub a new sub4 lb flagship are limited.

Vandal 44

WKR
I have an Xpedition X-33 coming. I will post up a review after I get it and set up. I have a Xpedition M-16 and the draw cycle is nice, however my Mathews Traverse is the smoothest drawing bow I have ever owned. With that said the M-16 is about 7 to 8 FPS faster than the Traverse

V-TRAIN

WKR
I have an Xpedition X-33 coming. I will post up a review after I get it and set up. I have a Xpedition M-16 and the draw cycle is nice, however my Mathews Traverse is the smoothest drawing bow I have ever owned. With that said the M-16 is about 7 to 8 FPS faster than the Traverse
Did you get to shoot one first ? I was just wondering if it was stiff up front in the draw.
I had a X6 once it was a rocket, but man it was stiff up front early in the draw cycle.
It was a 70# bow and I had a 80# at the time also and the 80# was actually easier drawing. Kinda agree with the post above, if it is that fast your more than likely going to pay for it on the draw. unless those cams use that new material and are just a lot lighter than most maybe, it could be different. Kinda interested in the X33 and the PSE EVL 34 SE, just wish some video reviews would surface. I am a lefty and won't get to test one, but would like some idea of the numbers.

Vandal 44

WKR
I did not shoot the new X33, I purchased it sight unseen (Its a gamble on my part). I was told that the X33 draw cycle is very similar to the MX16.

I purchased the X33 in a 50 pound draw weight and 30" draw length. I have had a total of 5 shoulder surgeries 2 on my left shoulder and 3 on the right shoulder, so I am always on the hunt for the smoothest drawing bow.

My Traverse is by far the smoothest and easiest bow to draw at 50 pounds (for me). I have shot the Prime, Realm-X (I owned this bow), PSE NTN and a couple other brands all the bows where 60 pounds and backed down to 50 pounds. I could not find a 50 pound bow at any bow shop for obvious reasons, very few adult men shoot 50 pounds. The Traverse hands down the smoothest and I felt the MX-16 is a close second with better speed.

If I rank the bows in order of smooth draw 1) Traverse 2) MX-16, 3) Realm-X 4)Prime 5) PSE NTN

The Realm-X and the Prime are to close to call its more a close your eyes and pick one

I did not shoot the new X33, I purchased it sight unseen (Its a gamble on my part). I was told that the X33 draw cycle is very similar to the MX16.

I purchased the X33 in a 50 pound draw weight and 30" draw length. I have had a total of 5 shoulder surgeries 2 on my left shoulder and 3 on the right shoulder, so I am always on the hunt for the smoothest drawing bow.

My Traverse is by far the smoothest and easiest bow to draw at 50 pounds (for me). I have shot the Prime, Realm-X (I owned this bow), PSE NTN and a couple other brands all the bows where 60 pounds and backed down to 50 pounds. I could not find a 50 pound bow at any bow shop for obvious reasons, very few adult men shoot 50 pounds. The Traverse hands down the smoothest and I felt the MX-16 is a close second with better speed.

If I rank the bows in order of smooth draw 1) Traverse 2) MX-16, 3) Realm-X 4)Prime 5) PSE NTN

The Realm-X and the Prime are to close to call its more a close your eyes and pick one

I need to shoot that MX16 if you like it more than a Realm X. I love mine more than the Realm. I also have a shorter draw, so I know that factors into it. The bowtechs seem to hump after 29.5''

OP
chadcharb

chadcharb

Lil-Rokslider
My dealer was told by xpedition that he won't see a bow until....... MAY! That's absolutely absurd. He ordered a very healthy number of bows to have in his shop plus the dealer "test pack". How do they expect their dealers to be able to sell bows like that? I could see custom ordered bows coming in until March and April but not dealer test packs

whitetail88arch

Lil-Rokslider
My dealer was told by xpedition that he won't see a bow until....... MAY! That's absolutely absurd. He ordered a very healthy number of bows to have in his shop plus the dealer "test pack". How do they expect their dealers to be able to sell bows like that? I could see custom ordered bows coming in until March and April but not dealer test packs

Don’t like to hear that. That’s crazy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m excited to give x a shot this year. Local dealer just got an x33 and for reference I’m in eastern Iowa.

V-TRAIN

WKR
From what I have seen so far on archerytalk, it appears that the IBO is overstated.
Apparently Kevin Stothers took his hot chronograph he used to compute Obsessions IBO's to Xpedition.
It looks like the X33 is more like a 335ish IBO instead of 350, biased on what has been posted on that site.

Reactions: Zac
If the X33 ends up being a 335 IBO bow that will still be 10 FPS faster than the Hoyt Ventum 33 based on early tests. The X also weighs 1# less. If it draws like the MX-16 it would still be worth considering and the MX -16 I tested was a bit over 340 IBO.
if I didn’t already have a couple of Mach 1’s I would test one.

OP
chadcharb

chadcharb

Lil-Rokslider
From what I have seen so far on archerytalk, it appears that the IBO is overstated.
Apparently Kevin Stothers took his hot chronograph he used to compute Obsessions IBO's to Xpedition.
It looks like the X33 is more like a 335ish IBO instead of 350, biased on what has been posted on that site.
I hear people say his ibo numbers are crazy but I've owned 12 obsessions and all have been within 10fps of advertised most being more like 3-5fps. My dealers shop chrono and mine consistently read 10fps different without changing anything on the bow or lighting or anything. Who's is right? I take other people's chrono readings with a grain of salt

OP
chadcharb

chadcharb

Lil-Rokslider
Well the squeaky wheel gets the grease! My guy got in his x33 this week and will have an x30 next week! The x33 was stiffer than I expected from looking at the cam but not overly stiff at all. It felt like most of the weight came right off the brace and continually got lighter until it clicked into the valley. It's feels lite in the hand but not to lite. The fit and finish of the bow was flawless. The finish itself had a very nice texture to it, enough to provide a little grip but not enough to be bothersome. There is absolutely no shine or gloss to the green that I handled. Unfortunately I couldn't chrono the bow because another customer shot his chrono earlier that day lol. I should be able to check numbers in the next week or so when he gets the replacement. All in all I liked the bow a lot and tentatively put my name on one of the 20 he ordered into the shop already. I want to shoot it at 80# and see how it feels before I decide for sure. The bow I tested was 30/68 and I typically shoot 30.5-31 depending on the bow.