2022 arrow/broadhead changes? Any lessons learned?

Bump79

WKR
Looks like it did the trick! I like Exodus too. I just found I liked the OzCut 3b being easier to touch up and back sharpened. I bet my pass through was due to a smaller cut diameter.

Frontals are deadly. I personally think they are one of the most ethical shots. If you get in... it's dead if not it's likely non-lethal.
Update for 2022 September - My OzCut 3b's were great till they weren't. Multiple heads started (6 total) shearing off - the last one in a brand new Rhinehart 18:1 day 1 at elk camp. I couldn't ethically keep them in my quiver and shoot an elk with them. They were great till they weren't. I have some of their heads that have been through hell and back.. but some just fell apart. They say I had a bad batch. I've heard a new version is coming out that is higher quality - we'll see.

Luckily I had some Sevr 1.5's with me that I screwed on. Unfortunately... it didn't matter. I shot a bull 2x's with the Sevr 1.5. Once at 25 yds with less than ideal shot quartering to placement & a follow up at 70ish quartering away. Neither were pass throughs, I had poor blood trail & I didn't recover him or even find an arrow. My lesson learned: Be patient & wait the 1 second for the broadside shot vs the quartering to & shoot a slightly higher quality fixed head. I hadn't shot a mechanical before & in the moment didn't feel comfortable hugging as close to the shoulder as I would have with a fixed. Unjustifiably so - but that's what happened in the moment. I don't blame the Sevr at all & it was shot placement.

A slightly higher quality steel with a heat treat & I'm sure this wouldn't have been an issue. I'll be shooting a Method MD3, Tooth of the Arrow 1" or Exodus in the future.