2022 Best Whitetail Hunt Photo Contest, Sponsored by First Lite

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
7031B904-AFB3-40F7-9268-72F166136C0D.jpeg
2/8/23 update: Voting thread is live! here

Previous Discussion:
A little late, but we are back with another great Whitetail Hunt Photo Contest sponsored by our friends at First Lite!

For 2022, First Lite is offering the winner the Transfer Pack (here) specifically designed for the Whitetail Hunter. (Winner chosen by staff and members).

E01F67BF-EA1B-48EF-9D65-40604C237A83.jpeg

First Lite has quite a few other pieces from their Whitetail Line. See it all here

Once you're done drooling, why not try and win that Transfer Pack in our annual Best Whitetail Hunt Photo contest?

Contest is simple, but READ THE RULES your entry could disappear without notice. Common violations are posting more than one picture or posting for someone else, so read the rules!

This is NOT a biggest buck contest, but a "best photo" contest. The winning 2022 photo will be judged on the following criteria and rules:

1) WOW Factor. Is it a great photo that grabs the viewer? This takes in lighting, color, uniqueness, etc.

2) Composition- by that we mean the way in which the different parts that make up your photo are arranged- is there too much background, not enough animal? Or visa versa? Are the antler tips out of the frame or the hunter's head cut off? Or is it a good balance between the buck, the hunter, the terrain? (the hunter is not required to appear in the photo.)

3) Size of animal. This doesn't mean biggest animal wins, but if #1 and #2 are equal, we'll chose the bigger animal.

4) Must be a photo of a buck YOU harvested fair chase in 2022 (between January 16th, 2022 and January 15th. 2023)

5) Post up YOUR best 2022 harvest photo taken by January 15th 2023 on this thread

6) Must be a Rokslide member to enter
YOUR photo of YOUR buck. One photo per buck only. If you harvest multiple bucks, you can enter one photo for each. (Kid's got a whitetail? Enter it in our Youth Photo contest in the Youth Forum here. (Probably much better odds for the kids in that contest)

7) Also, by posting on this thread, you agree to let Rokslide and First Lite use any of the photos in promotional material without compensation

8) Any international winner is responsible for border tax, custom fees, excessive postage fees, etc.

If you want to see the 2021 finalists and get an idea of what we're looking for click
here

@GlendonMullins @fngTony @philos @mtnwrunner will be monitoring this thread if you have any question.

There is a Meat Pole thread
here to post your other pics that aren’t quite contest quality.

7628581E-86F6-4804-9DF1-E96F78E0F8B2.jpeg

Last edited:

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
Link for the meatpole thread

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
The contest is year-round, just read the rules carefully and you’ll see what I mean. So we could still take entries from January 16 of 2022 in this years contest. Make sense?

ewescue

Lil-Rokslider
Patriot.jpg

Watched this buck for weeks leading up to season, put all my eggs in killing him early in the season. 4th day of season just after he shed velvet the plan worked perfectly. First buck I've ever put my hands on with blood stained antlers, super unique and one I won't soon forget!

Missed this buck last day of Ohio bow season. Watched him grow all summer, then got lucky with a early season cold front and made it happen on my 3rd sit of the season.View attachment 460672
Watching one very similar , waiting on the 20th opener for early muzzleloader, he is with 3 other nice bucks and on schedule moving through the area between 4p.m. and 6p.m. GOOD DEAL THERE CONGRATS.