2022 Bird Season(s) Pics

bradyhunt

FNG
Got my 3yo GSP out to my old stomping grounds in NE for the first time. Prior to, I've been encouraged with his bird drive and developing skills on mountain grouse, desert quail and waterfowl.
Knew he'd have the energy to hunt as much as I wanted to, but was unsure how he'd do in heavy cover.
After 2 long, windy, dry days (thankfully cool) several points on phez and bobs + a racoon, a few clutch dead finds and long tracks on wounded runners, Im officially certifying him a hunting dog.
Even with gouges in his chest, barbwire runs across his back, and raw ears, lips eyes and undercarriage he just wanted more.
Spent the 2nd afternoon looking for chickens, found lots of them but mostly saw them getting up at least 1 ridge away just as we'd crest a hill. Only one straggler popped up in range and ended up in the bag.
Was good to hunt with my brothers, uncle and dad.
7d95621757d826b0ef941ad41c023f29.jpg
7f640842863cd6386cecb80e78e7dad9.jpg
2e6fcf2027a06bee3a4989588c40cece.jpg

Last edited:

Cheesy

FNG
Was in SD a few weeks ago. Friend of a friend has invited me and my dad for the last 3 years, private ground, lots of birds. Not a fan of the big group hunting, but not going to turn it down.

My 6 year old shorthair on a long retrieve
MA3K6Lr.jpg

Me and my 70 year old dad, he'll bust cat tails with the best of them.
33KG2tt.jpg

dcDwPNK.jpg

Tleek

Lil-Rokslider
I haven’t been out hunting in a few weeks. Hoping to do some quail hunting next weekend.

Meanwhile, my buddy called and asked if I wanted some duck. I said sure and he brings over a paper bag with a goose and 3 ducks in it. I’ve only ever had farmed duck and I have never hunted, cleaned, or cooked a duck in my life, but some goose breast and duck poppers makes me want to start real bad. Seems like a lot of fun too, but a huge learning curve

1669444880576.jpeg