2022 boat based hunt out of Old Harbor

Falcon

Lil-Rokslider
Hello. Super excited to be booked for a oct 30 thru nov 6 deer hunt off a boat out of Old Harbor. Curious to see how anyone fared this year on the South side of the Island. This will be my first time on Kodiak. I have heard the weather can be pretty dicey that time of year. Researching and hopefully getting the right gear as we speak. Let me know if you have have anything to report this year on deer numbers, weather , etc.

Thanks
Bryan

Blacktailaddiction

Lil-Rokslider
5133F36F-8220-40ED-836B-9D4B637B6B47.jpegHunted out of old harbor the last week of October. Great deer numbers, but be prepared because the mature bucks are probably not going to be down low. Be prepared to hike to the top of the mountains to get into the nicer deer. Weather was great for 3 days of our 5 day trip and we had to fly out early because a nasty 5 day storm was coming in and our flight out of old harbor and kodiak would have been canceled. Picture was where the snow line stayed, I’m sure it dropped lower when we left.

OP
Falcon

Falcon

Lil-Rokslider
BT. Sorry for the delay. Appreciate your reply and pic. Would love to talk some night on the phone if possible.

Sundance

Lil-Rokslider
Apparently Old Harbor and towards the south was good this year. The Shelikof side got hammered by charter boats from Whale Pass out to Larsen Bay. A lot of my local friends are grumbling about a cap on non-resident OTC tags so the sooner the better.

OP
Falcon

Falcon

Lil-Rokslider
Any updates from the Old Harbor area of Kodiak? Headed out Oct 30th. Thanks

OP
Falcon

Falcon

Lil-Rokslider
Just back from old Harbor. Had some tough weather which took 2 days off our hunt. Couldn’t find a mature buck , but I was happy with this little guy. Some of the most beautiful country I have ever seen. No regrets.

Rogue Bay

WKR
Just back from old Harbor. Had some tough weather which took 2 days off our hunt. Couldn’t find a mature buck , but I was happy with this little guy. Some of the most beautiful country I have ever seen. No regrets.
Congrats! Glad you had a good trip. That one’s at the top of my bucket list. I’d love to hear more details about it.

daddie63

WKR
Congrats on the hunt and I’d like to hear more details as well. Gotta do this hunt myself.

Howdy Partner

Lil-Rokslider
My buddy has a boat in Old Harbor.
The king fishing can be epic for oversized kings.
Cool place.