2022 Bows

jmez

WKR
One of the ways they are squeezing more speed out of today's bows. Take material out of the cam. Less weight turns faster, more speed. They won't beefing them up anytime soon.

I just bought a new bow this year … so I hope nothIng innovative comes out next year!

Seriously, I hope all of the Mfg’s come out with some great bows in 2022. I shot so many bows this year that I would have been happy with, so I think there are a ton of great choices out there right now. Good luck to everyone this season!

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
i was over it until I saw that PSE. Damn. Sucks that the ata isnt a bit longer like 33.5 or 34.

Reactions: ZDR
I think they should focus on design. Wider arrow shelf with raised lip to help protect fingers and allow fall away rests whale tails not to hit the shelf.

Speed wise would be a true 340 ibo with a 7 inch brace height with a nice draw.

Also, the trend has been to go towards thinner, target style grips. Which are great but I find much easier to torque than a little beefier grip in an actual hunting scenario. So providing fit over riser grips would be great. Half of everyone I know wraps grips now. There is a reason for that. I don’t want to wrap mine - just give a grip that provides a little grip and settles into my hand nicely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ZDR

WKR
I’m with you on the levitate, it should have been longer. was able to handle one last night at the LBS and it was really nice but I would call the changes evolutionary vs a whole new design. overall, I thought it had an overall better quality feel compared to the Mach 1. The finish, wider limb pockets and the cable guard redesign in particular.

i was over it until I saw that PSE. Damn. Sucks that the ata isnt a bit longer like 33.5 or 34.
Due to the cam redesign the Levitate is 1-1/2” to 1-3/4” longer overall than the Mach 1. So while the ATA is the same it will feel like a 33-1/2” Mach 1

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
Due to the cam redesign the Levitate is 1-1/2” to 1-3/4” longer overall than the Mach 1. So while the ATA is the same it will feel like a 33-1/2” Mach 1

While I believe what your saying they told me the same thing on the VXR 31.5. That it would feel like a longer bow. While that maybe true at a 29-30" DL when I max out the cams on a VXR at 31.5 DL it puts the bow in an equal lateral triangle and stability suffers for it. The VXR does not feel like the traverse on string angle or stability. Thats why I took a traverse and put switchweight cams on it when they announced the atlas (dog) and me and the VXR are breaking up.

I would like that statement on the Levitate to be true but for $1900 right this moment I'm not willing to risk it. But its definately in the running to replace my RX3 Ultra instead of a RX6 ultra or whatever hoyt comes out with in 2022. I do appreciate pse not locking the 31.5" draws out like mathews and elite did with this 2021 offerings.

The reality is, the "Feels like a longer bow" is all just marketing. They're not.

Someone above mentioned the grips these days are skinny, I would have to agree. I too felt they're easier to torque. Its funny, back when bows were in the 40 inch range, torque wasn't even a term in archery.

Is the Vxr the same overall length as the Traverse? I did not realize that.
the Mach 1 and Levitate share the same riser length but the Levitate is 1-1/2”, string angle will change. I’ll measure the Levitate string angle compared to the Mach 1 next week and report back.
While I believe what your saying they told me the same thing on the VXR 31.5. That it would feel like a longer bow. While that maybe true at a 29-30" DL when I max out the cams on a VXR at 31.5 DL it puts the bow in an equal lateral triangle and stability suffers for it. The VXR does not feel like the traverse on string angle or stability. Thats why I took a traverse and put switchweight cams on it when they announced the atlas (dog) and me and the VXR are breaking up.

I would like that statement on the Levitate to be true but for $1900 right this moment I'm not willing to risk it. But its definately in the running to replace my RX3 Ultra instead of a RX6 ultra or whatever hoyt comes out with in 2022. I do appreciate pse not locking the 31.5" draws out like mathews and elite did with this 2021 offerings.

I agree.

I have a Ventum 33 and the string touches my nose no problems(at 28.5). My VXR 31.5 I have to use a nose button to avoid dipping my head to the string.

I also had some jack wagon argue with me over the VXR/V3 being "more stable" due to the longer riser - while it may be more stable than a "regular" 30" ATA bow, it ain't going to compete with a longer ATA bow. If it would, that "technology" would be bleeding over into the target world... funny I don't think that's happening.

I agree.

I have a Ventum 33 and the string touches my nose no problems(at 28.5). My VXR 31.5 I have to use a nose button to avoid dipping my head to the string.

I also had some jack wagon argue with me over the VXR/V3 being "more stable" due to the longer riser - while it may be more stable than a "regular" 30" ATA bow, it ain't going to compete with a longer ATA bow. If it would, that "technology" would be bleeding over into the target world... funny I don't think that's happening.

That's actually exactly what's happening. Have you seen the new target bows? Mathews isn't the only company doing it. PSE, Martin, Hoyt, and Elite have all been lengthening the riser and drawing the limbs up.

Wish list....like most I want a 33-35 ata. I'm tired of the whitetail bows. I get they out number is like 20 to 1. But give me something.

Elite - maybe a slightly more efficient Remedy. Wider limb pockets. Lower stabilizer hole like the PSE EVO and Hoyt.
Hoyt - fix the catastrophic cam lock back issue...the guys in my pro shop seem scared.
Mathews - not so aggressive cams. Easier to draw. It's huge difference between #70 on a Mathews and the competition. Longer ATA and maybe not a 5lb bare bow weight. I have a vertix. Once its set up it's like carrying a sledgehammer up and down the mtn all day.
PSE - a 34 inch carbon bow...is that that hard? We don't need another bow with almost identical specs as the last one. I'm sure the Levitate is better. But 34 or 35 I'd probably be ordering one...at this point I'm keeping my money till everything is out. Oh and Id like to see the lower stabilizer hole like on the EVO but on the carbon.
Bowtech - so close. Make it 34 and you might have me
Prime-. I got nothing

Kularrow

Lil-Rokslider
I can’t imagine that Mathews will introduce a new riser or cam system so this will likely be the 4th Gen Vertix (V4ORCE) with switch weights. Again unlikely to be a 26 ATA so the changes will be incremental on the “smaller” of the two because if it’s longer it just becomes a VXR with an angled center guard cable containment. My guess is the longer offering will be 32 ATA, again V4 or whatever name they come up with. Hopefully engage grips get canned for standard side plates for all offerings.