2022 Bows

jmez

WKR
Is the Vxr the same overall length as the Traverse? I did not realize that.
the Mach 1 and Levitate share the same riser length but the Levitate is 1-1/2”, string angle will change. I’ll measure the Levitate string angle compared to the Mach 1 next week and report back.
Guy on AT measured string angles on a bunch of bows last year. The short bows with big cams still had very acute string angles compared to the longer ATA bows.

Reactions: ZDR

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
Is the Vxr the same overall length as the Traverse? I did not realize that.
the Mach 1 and Levitate share the same riser length but the Levitate is 1-1/2”, string angle will change. I’ll measure the Levitate string angle compared to the Mach 1 next week and report back.

So measure the string angle on a mach 1 and end of cams at 30.5 max DL then measure the levitate at the 31.5" max end of cams and I wouldnt be suprised if the number isnt the same or very close.

I agree with the feels like a longer bow is a bunch of hogwash marketing.

The traverse and vxr are very close to the same length. I dont have both in front of me right now but even with the switchweight cams the traverse is longer total length but the riser on the VXR is longer. Either way having owned both and spent alot of time with both I can say for me there isnt a replacement for longer ATA.

If the levitate was a 34" ATA I would already have a deposit down on one.

Reactions: ZDR

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
Why would you measure the bows at different draw lengths?

2 reasons for this.
#1 I'm selfish and a 31.25" draw. So I dont fit in a 30.5" bow.
#2 to demonstrate while they legthened the ATA the didnt actually change the string angle at max draw. due to extending the max draw which is more or less a product of total ata / string length. Its the same product that will work slightly better for someone that was fitting into a mach 1 anyways but doesnt do anything for those of us with a longer draw trying to fit in the bow. The end result is the same a fairly shallow string angle.

Stalker69

WKR
I am happy with what I am shooting, can’t imagine “needing “ any thing else. But if something by any of them catches my fancy I will get one.

So measure the string angle on a mach 1 and end of cams at 30.5 max DL then measure the levitate at the 31.5" max end of cams and I wouldnt be suprised if the number isnt the same or very close.

I agree with the feels like a longer bow is a bunch of hogwash marketing.

The traverse and vxr are very close to the same length. I dont have both in front of me right now but even with the switchweight cams the traverse is longer total length but the riser on the VXR is longer. Either way having owned both and spent alot of time with both I can say for me there isnt a replacement for longer ATA.

If the levitate was a 34" ATA I would already have a deposit down on one.

2 reasons for this.
#1 I'm selfish and a 31.25" draw. So I dont fit in a 30.5" bow.
#2 to demonstrate while they legthened the ATA the didnt actually change the string angle at max draw. due to extending the max draw which is more or less a product of total ata / string length. Its the same product that will work slightly better for someone that was fitting into a mach 1 anyways but doesnt do anything for those of us with a longer draw trying to fit in the bow. The end result is the same a fairly shallow string angle.
Well selfishly at my 30” draw length I appreciate the improved string angle that this bow offers over its’ predecessor. Sorry it won’t work for you. I guess the fair comparison then with the VXR is to measure its’ string angle at 31” and the Traverse at 32.5” using your logic?

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
Well selfishly at my 30” draw length I appreciate the improved string angle that this bow offers over its’ predecessor. Sorry it won’t work for you. I guess the fair comparison then with the VXR is to measure its’ string angle at 31” and the Traverse at 32.5” using your logic?

which I did and it was better angle wise (steeper) but i dont remember what angle specically it was at. I have it written down somewhere.

But again the traverse isnt in an equilateral triangle with my DL but the VXR is and the levitate was going to very close. Again thats where this started and you made the marketing comment about it feeks like a longer draw. Which IME I disagree with that statement and I'm not alone in that sentiment. Then we digressed ro string angle.

Hoyt- I love the new cam system, I'd like to see their carbon bow go down in weight.
Mathews- haven't been impressed in years, so something totally new would be cool.
PSE- it's hard to beat the Mach 1, but I'm sure they can figure something out.
Prime- Nexus 4 was one of my favorite bows this year, maybe work on noise and vibration.
Bowtech- I'd really like an SR6 with the deadlock system.

That's called the Solution

I hope they make the Solution SS on a 33'' riser.

3forks

WKR
I‘ve got a 31” draw length and would echo what others with longer draw lengths are asking for/complaining about.

For what it’s worth, I’ve heard Prime is releasing three new bows, but I haven‘t heard anything specific about them.

Also, I’ve heard that PSE is not releasing all their bows at one time on a specific date. Apparently they‘re going to periodically release bows as a strategy that is supposed to keep people coming into shops. Doesn’t seem like that smart a strategy to me, but that‘s what I’ve heard.

John Dudley addressing the string angle on the Levitate.

Attachments

• E90279A0-6225-44ED-8CF8-406364406430.png
    E90279A0-6225-44ED-8CF8-406364406430.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 129
  • 503E425B-6E56-4810-80FC-571626BA8ADA.png
    503E425B-6E56-4810-80FC-571626BA8ADA.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 130
  • D9789AB2-3416-4450-8AD4-182829C4B154.png
    D9789AB2-3416-4450-8AD4-182829C4B154.png
    549.5 KB · Views: 132
John Dudley addressing the string angle on the Levitate.

I think the bow at 32 and some change ata can succeed in this statement of “feeling” like a longer axle bow. I do think Mathews was a little bold in doing that for their V3. I think that was still a little far fetched.

Then again I’m 80% Trad and hope over to my EVL34 every once in awhile. Anything under a 32” ata just looks like a crossbow lol.

Seems kind of a bold move to price it that high in light of so many people unemployed, inflation on fuel and regular goods/services,etc.. but for those willing to dish out the money, I’d bet it’s a hit.

Now what I’m curious is if they will take this new tech and put it on a 33-34” ata aluminum rig with a more forgiving brace height and a more reasonable price.

And with a 7" brace height for me.

Still not sure it would be enough to make me replace my pair of reign 7s.
The deadlock is a good sell. I have a RealmX I kept over my reckoning. I would probably buy the Solution X (prob what they'll call it) and keep my RealmX

askibness

Lil-Rokslider
Local prime dealer said Prime was getting out of the parallel cam game. Surprised me for sure.

noroads

FNG
Local prime dealer said Prime was getting out of the parallel cam game. Surprised me for sure.
I Heard that rumor as well. Prime is ditching the parallel cams and introducing a system that can shim the cams without being pressed, some dealers have already shot them. IDK... we'll see.

Dudley addressed the string angle already. The shape of the Levitate cams and how they are positioned when at Full draw is the same string angle as the NTN 33" bow.

I'm happy with the bows I have currently but always cool to see what comes out this time of year

jobob730

FNG
Lifetime bow warranties from all manufacturers, no matter where it was purchased and how many owners have had it.
90+ pound limb options
Risers that don't flex so much
Honest speed ratings
Mathews making longer ata hunting bows
Bowtech making longer ata hunting bows
Prime are pretty great. Maybe a little quieter and less jump.
Haven't cared much about hoyt in a long time.
Haven't cared much about Elite in a few years.
or any other

jobob730

FNG
I Heard that rumor as well. Prime is ditching the parallel cams and introducing a system that can shim the cams without being pressed, some dealers have already shot them. IDK... we'll see.
if that's true that dealers have already shot them, then that must mean we'll see them this year, or early next year. that would be awesome if it increases speed by quite a bit, which it should, and somehow maintains primes excellent stability.

V-TRAIN

WKR
that is interesting about the Prime, I bought a used Black 3 to fiddle with during the corona crazyness, got a steal on it. it was a nice bow, shot great, but I just didn't see what the dual cams really brought to the table.
the 7 piece string system is kind of a pain also. I did like how you could adjust the draw length and valley, that was great.

I think some of the dealers must have the new Bowtechs already, I know one of them is called the SR350 and is a 6" brace bow. Really interested in the other one, something kind of similar to the Revolt-X, I have 2 of those and love that bow. I also have a PSE EVL 34 SE which is nice, might kick one out of the stable if the one similar to the Revolt-X peaks my interest. Haven't heard anything on it.

TheTone

WKR
Well new Hoyt’s are out. Slight updates to the Ventums and a new carbon riser. The carbon looks better to me and it went on a diet but the price!!!