2022 Bows

TheViking

WKR
Not impressed with new Hoyts at all.

$2k for a still heavy, carbon bow?

The little tripod sticks they made are dumb. If you use those, you're putting your cam in the dirt every time.

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
as unimpressed with the hoyts as I am the mathews. The only hoyt that looks like it might be sexy is the RX twin turbo. But alas too short for me as per normal. Really having a hard time seeing why I should get rid of my RX3 ultra with a straight sight plate for a RX7 ultra again this year. Maybe next year.

wayoh22

WKR
Just seems like a year of refinement and accessories overall for Matthews & Hoyt. As others having been touting for the past few years: we're at the end range of what can be accomplished speed-wise so what else can you really do?

Was surprised to see that the 2022 carbon hoyts still weigh more than my Drenalin that still is in the rotation. I thought carbon meant really light.

JRam07

FNG
Just seems like a year of refinement and accessories overall for Matthews & Hoyt. As others having been touting for the past few years: we're at the end range of what can be accomplished speed-wise so what else can you really do?
I wonder if some of this is due to covid and current backlogs.

Xpedition is using an old riser, and straight aluminum instead of xloy on their new bow.
Hoyt changed really nothing on the new ventum, twin turbo is an old carbon riser design.
Mathews doesn't change much
Doesn't sound like Bowtech will be changing much.

BucksNBulls

Lil-Rokslider
I wonder if some of this is due to covid and current backlogs.

Xpedition is using an old riser, and straight aluminum instead of xloy on their new bow.
Hoyt changed really nothing on the new ventum, twin turbo is an old carbon riser design.
Mathews doesn't change much
Doesn't sound like Bowtech will be changing much.
Bowtech is offering 80lb limbs on the new Revolt X80. That's a big change for them. Also, dead lock on the SR6 which is now the SR850

JRam07

FNG
Bowtech is offering 80lb limbs on the new Revolt X80. That's a big change for them. Also, dead lock on the SR6 which is now the SR850
Adding a heavier limb option isn't a big change. And the sr350 sounds like an old bow with the new axle, again not a big change.

BucksNBulls

Lil-Rokslider
Adding a heavier limb option isn't a big change. And the sr350 sounds like an old bow with the new axle, again not a big change.
Well it's still what all the Bowtech guys kept asking for. 80lb limbs and the SR6 with deadlock. So it will be enough change for their base.

JRam07

FNG
Well it's still what all the Bowtech guys kept asking for. 80lb limbs and the SR6 with deadlock. So it will be enough change for their base.
Oh no doubt, but if there was a supply shortage it's exactly what I would do as well. Just change minor things, bring back old designs and upgrade them with newer tech.

equinox

FNG
Im still shooting my 2001 Browning Tornado... I just have no need whatsoever to buy a new one.

Oh no doubt, but if there was a supply shortage it's exactly what I would do as well. Just change minor things, bring back old designs and upgrade them with newer tech.
I mean except for maybe deadlock and switchweight they've been kinda doing this for the last ten years even before covid ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sizthediz

WKR
Solo cam that's smoooooth to draw 7" brace and shoots 340+fps
Seriously I miss my bowmadness
Would like another solo cam

MattB

WKR
Not impressed with new Hoyts at all.

$2k for a still heavy, carbon bow?

The little tripod sticks they made are dumb. If you use those, you're putting your cam in the dirt every time.
Didn’t Hoyt shave 1/2 pound off the flagship carbon model?