2022 Bowtech Revolt X80 and Revolt XL

Remps17

Lil-Rokslider
Curiosity only. Not in the market for a new bow this year or next. That said I saw Bowtech released some new bows and it has left me scratching my head.

Specs on the revolt x80 are 26-31” draw 33” ATA and 80lbs with an ibo of 340.

Revolt XL is 27.5-33” draw 33” ATA and maxes out at 70lb. But shoots 350 ibo.

Specs are from Bowtech website.

So if your a 30” draw you can pull 10lb less and shoot 10fps faster on the same ATA slightly longer brace height, same cams (I believe). So why release the revolt x80…. Maybe for the 26”-27” draw length crowd.

Not shitting on Bowtech, genuinely curious.

golfbum

WKR
I didn’t see anything on the website that’s says ibo (30”/70#/350)

Im guessing they are giving speeds on non ibo measurements buts it’s really confusing for sure.

I bet the Xl speed is at 33”

And the 80 is at 31” with a 400 grain arrow

xcutter

WKR
I just checked out the new bows on the Bowtech website. After watching the video they were portraying the 80 pound bow to pull like 70 pounds. I'm assuming just selling to the market of people wanting 80 pounders. Logically I agree with you though.

sndmn11

WKR
Why would I pick a SR350 over a RevoltXL? Is latter's listed velocity at 33" draw length?

And awwww poo, my Reckoning is on the last page of Bowtech's available bows :(

OP
R

Remps17

Lil-Rokslider
must have got ahead of myself. The website doesn’t say ibo. I just assumed and put my head in a pretzel.

The way they layout these two bows on their website seems confusing to me. It just seems like a large overlap with these two bows.

Edit. To add to this. When you click on the speed beside all their bows it comes up with a short video about speed and they reference ibo in the video.

Haven’t been on their website in years so maybe this is common for them and not surprising.

I’m ready to go back to a 33” bow. They fit me the best. Shorter ata has me scrunched up too much at anchor.

Apparently the revolt X and X80 are the same everything except limb weight options.. So in theory you could buy an X80 and some spare limbs for the X if you wanted to sell it at a reasonable draw weight bow

whoami-72

Lil-Rokslider
Hey dudes, not to derail the conversation. But IBO speed doesn't specify a draw length where as ATA measurements do. Usually people state the confuse the IBO specs for ATA specs. Hoyt is the only one I know of that regularly uses ATA specs. They ended up stating that the Revolt XL is tested at 33" draw and if you'll look online at podium archer you'll find it's wayyyyy slower at roughly ATA specs.

trailblazer75

Lil-Rokslider
I bought the revolt X80 and will get it tomorrow. I'll set it up and shoot it at 29", with a 505 TAW arrow. The guy I bought it from said it shot 520 grains at 295 (he was also trying to sell the bow...). I'll shoot it with my setup and update it when I get it tuned out and report back with real world speeds. I know MFJJ with podium archery reviewed it and said it was 82 lbs out of the box. Which I'm fine with if it draws as smooth as he says it does.

trailblazer75

Lil-Rokslider
I got to shoot the X80 yesterday and after setting the rest level and square and 13/16 from the riser, I took the cams back to factory settings and then shot through paper. 3/4 of a twist to the right and had a bullet hole. Repeated to confirm. Took all of 15 minutes.

shot it through the chrono, and averaged 290, with 289-292-290. Pulling 80.4 lbs on performance. 530 grain arrow. I was gonna move the inserts down another 25 grains but I figure at these speeds I'll just leave them how they are.

sndmn11

WKR
I got to shoot the X80 yesterday and after setting the rest level and square and 13/16 from the riser, I took the cams back to factory settings and then shot through paper. 3/4 of a twist to the right and had a bullet hole. Repeated to confirm. Took all of 15 minutes.

shot it through the chrono, and averaged 290, with 289-292-290. Pulling 80.4 lbs on performance. 530 grain arrow. I was gonna move the inserts down another 25 grains but I figure at these speeds I'll just leave them how they are.

I assume there is performance/comfort, which were you on?