2022 Colorado Draw Stats - Available

I noticed the Unit 11 1st rifle tag had some one with 20+ points and there are 1300 leftover tags... I just quit trying to figure out what other people are doing and do me. I used 10 points on a 5-6 pt unit.

I think with the gas prices being what they are quite a few tags are going to get turned back in.

Slugz

WKR
Don’t spent too much time digging into the draw stats.

You’ll really see some silly things ;)
That's the understatement of the year! No money or pill has been designed to fix stupid yet.

CNELK thanks for being a data centric guy posting links. I'm overseas most summers when draws come out and most sites don't like my internet IP address due to country. I appreciate the links. Thank you

18 out of 20 non residents drew out at 5 pts in the unit I put in for.

Guess who was one of the two who didn’t draw 🤣

Also, I see that my 2nd choice unit, the tag allocation was cut in half. Explains why I didn’t draw it.

prm

WKR
Unit I put in for essentially drew out at 2 points last year, and this year only 14% at 4 points drew. Live and learn. Appears to be ~50 fewer tags which explains a lot. Look forward to seeing secondary options.

Last edited:

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I drew an elk tag in 2020 that I turned back in when I drew my moose tag. Because I didn't get a point for that year, I didn't draw it in 2021..........or 2022. So will be 3 years to draw that same tag again for turning it in. That's a little bit of point creep. Also saw that over 20% of the same tags were drawn by folks with at least 1 point above the amount needed to guarantee drawing the tag. People dumping points.

dcremin

FNG
General statement here - I see others posted about stimulus money already. But safe to say Covid brought more hunters in 2020 and 2021 and now there is a bit of decline since those? I didn't look up 2020 numbers but that would make sense why down in 2022 when compared to 2022 numbers? Partially just do to record numbers the year before?