2022 Mathews V3X ***Updated 2/6/22***

if you’re talking about the QAD it is recommended to use the knob to flip it up before the shot. Was told that it can cause excessive and premature wear
Still a nice up feature, I have a fear of forgetting to flip my rest up….if I haven’t already done it and beings how I have had a few flyers thats a real possibility

laltaffer

Lil-Rokslider
Still a nice up feature, I have a fear of forgetting to flip my rest up….if I haven’t already done it and beings how I have had a few flyers thats a real possibility

Didn’t it always do that? Feel like all of my QAD’s have done it in the last 5-7 years (guessing here)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Didn’t it always do that? Feel like all of my QAD’s have done it in the last 5-7 years (guessing here)

Hmmm, I’m not sure, I was just told to make to do it before every shot and I’ve never tried drawing (on purpose) without flipping it up. And the video I watched made it seem as though it was a new feature. I’m sure we will figure this out quickly…..

laltaffer

Lil-Rokslider
Hmmm, I’m not sure, I was just told to make to do it before every shot and I’ve never tried drawing (on purpose) without flipping it up. And the video I watched made it seem as though it was a new feature. I’m sure we will figure this out quickly…..

Definitely was there the last day 5 years. Not sure how long. But yea it’s nice that it does it.

jonnyviceroy

Lil-Rokslider
Super stoked about the bow, shot it but just cannot get myself to change from the atlas from last year. Not sure how much of a difference it makes to be the top end of a cam or the lower end. Would be a large speed increase, who knows🧐

Super stoked about the bow, shot it but just cannot get myself to change from the atlas from last year. Not sure how much of a difference it makes to be the top end of a cam or the lower end. Would be a large speed increase, who knows🧐
Shouldn’t be a noticeable difference. That’s the purpose of the sw mods according to Mathews engineers. The cam is suppose to keep its efficiency no matter the draw length.

LONE HUNTER

Lil-Rokslider
Well I caved and purchased a V3X 33 in granite. I did not purchase all the mathews accesories though. I will update how it shoots. Draw cycle is a bit stiff so I dropped to 65 lb vs 70.

Last edited:

LONE HUNTER

Lil-Rokslider
Update. Well my intial set up was pained with a bunch of stupid mistakes so it took about 5 times as long as it should have. Nock point tied in the wrong spot, managed to nick my center serving while removing a nock set.........redoing my center serving twice to get the right nock fit and then just general paper tuning. Bow is finally tuned! My particular bow I set to 13/16" and dead center through the berger hole and it is shooting bullet holes, no top hat shimming required. My first impression just shooting the back yard is the riser length makes it hold like a rock. Im not the official reviewer here but I will post my accuracy results when I get it sighted in and all done messing with it.

laltaffer

Lil-Rokslider
Got my 33 - honestly has been the easiest fastest bow to get tuned to me. My shop did a great job and I guess I just got lucky in that it came how I needed it - for the most part - out of the box.

I put some GAS ghost strings on and the new Epsilon rest. Shooting X-Impacts at 70lbs.

It’s running about 5fps slower than my VXR with the same setup (different hamskea rest)

We found I couldn’t use the Hogg Father sight as is. Not enough left/right travel. But the Fast Eddie XL was fine. I’ve only shot the HF so interested to see if I like or dislike the FE-XL

But so far I really love how the bow fits me

GIS

Lil-Rokslider
Got my 33 - honestly has been the easiest fastest bow to get tuned to me. My shop did a great job and I guess I just got lucky in that it came how I needed it - for the most part - out of the box.

I put some GAS ghost strings on and the new Epsilon rest. Shooting X-Impacts at 70lbs.

It’s running about 5fps slower than my VXR with the same setup (different hamskea rest)

We found I couldn’t use the Hogg Father sight as is. Not enough left/right travel. But the Fast Eddie XL was fine. I’ve only shot the HF so interested to see if I like or dislike the FE-XL

But so far I really love how the bow fits me

Did you have to use the small MRT ring to get enough left/right?

What quiver are you using with the epsilon rest?

Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

laltaffer

Lil-Rokslider
Did you have to use the small MRT ring to get enough left/right?

What quiver are you using with the epsilon rest?

Thanks.

Yup small ring which I was already using so no change for me. Waiting on my low profile quiver to come in.

Spot Hogg showed a little bracket at ATA to help give more travel but no idea when it may come out.

On the fast Eddie my macro travel is maxed to the right then used the micro to go left. Just did final sight in yesterday and it’s all good now.

GIS

Lil-Rokslider
Yup small ring which I was already using so no change for me. Waiting on my low profile quiver to come in.

Spot Hogg showed a little bracket at ATA to help give more travel but no idea when it may come out.

On the fast Eddie my macro travel is maxed to the right then used the micro to go left. Just did final sight in yesterday and it’s all good now.

Thank you for the information!

I just got my epsilon rest and will be using a fast eddie xl.

Please let us know how the low pro quiver works.

laltaffer

Lil-Rokslider
Thank you for the information!

I just got my epsilon rest and will be using a fast eddie xl.

Please let us know how the low pro quiver works.

Will do once I get it! Waiting for my color to come in. Could be any day

Does anyone have the 33's speed for a 560ish grain arrow? Looking for 30'' of draw and either the 70lb or 75lb mods at 80% letoff.

LONE HUNTER

Lil-Rokslider
Im about 500 shots on the this bow now. Seems like the stock strings have finally settled. Checked my cam timing today on the draw board and its still dead nuts. Decided to finally really do a serious tune on my bow now that things seem to have settled. Set my arrow to 13/16 and had a pretty hard tail right tear. I pulled the top cam and swapped the top hats to move the cam to the right and it straightened things out pretty good. So far the only true gripe I have on this bow is the grip. I don't care for the engage grip. Other than that I really enjoy shooting it. Holds really well. Back wall is pretty solid for cable stops. Its quiet. All around solid bow.

Hands down the V3X 33 is the best bow I’ve ever shot. I still hate the grip and went with a low torqueless. The new MBG dovetail put my Pro sight perfectly centered with windage and elevation. I felt no need for a v-bar on this bow. Just the simple Mathew’s offset. I can’t believe the difference this bow has over even my ‘old’ VXR 31.5

It tuned extremely fast and all that was needed was a flip of the top cams top hats. Everything else was perfectly centered and leveled to the berger hole. I use an OMP laser to ensure the vertical string also splits dead even with the horizontal plane of the arrow at the tip.

Yep, it sure isn’t a cheap setup but man it puts a smile on my face every time I shoot it. The confidence knowing the arrow is going right where I want it.

EB175C83-D0D4-4CCD-8CF0-858948A88294.jpeg

Last edited:
Today launches the new Mathews 2022 flagship, the V3X. Hold tight and follow along!

2022 Mathews V3X Review

11d5caadfb009298111282fb6ff08942.jpg
Seems to be very similar to my Traverse. Can you give me your opinion on how the two actually compare? I love my Traverse but was looking for a backup bow. I’m thinking my Traverse might be my Western bow for longer shots and a 73lb draw weight and consider the V3X with a 60 or 65 draw weight for my whitetail or even mule deer bow. My draw length is 31”. Struggling w the 73lbs in cold weather and shoulders banged up at age 62- but I digress. I would value your opinion on the comparison. I love my Traverse and will only consider a change if it is very similar and slightly better. Thank you in advance.