2022 MULE DEER MEAT POLE

Big Ern

WKR
Battled very tough conditions in an Idaho OTC public lnd unit this past week - mid 70’s, sunny, and dry. However, we pushed through and my 12 year old got his first buck. So proud of him to keep putting in the miles despite the fact we just weren’t seeing that many deer. Had a tough pack out, but it was the most satisfying grind I have ever had.

2D38B4BA-AFAD-4C45-AD89-98AF3E3E3D25.jpeg

My brother came out from E. Oregon and we doubled on opening morning! The goal was to get him a buck in our 6 day season first and foremost. So he took his deer at first light on the opener - a solid 24” 4 point - and then I hopped on the gun to try and double out of the same herd. Just happened that my target buck stepped into the crosshairs and we had two good ones down an hour after shooting light. What a special morning!
Congrats, both nice deer, but one on the right is a monster, huge body!

Extrapale

WKR
My Oregon buck.
091cbe3d6f2fe00caf35f59c094456ad.jpg

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

cjdewese

WKR
I took my 3 yr old out for his first hunt with dad yesterday, this little buck made himself too easy. I have another tag that will either be for a wall hanger or an ag land doe or tag soup.
b61644acc5326aa8ccd11744b0b55e4c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's awesome, what did your little guy think of it all? My son was about that age when I shot my 1st. He pet the deer and said "thank you for the meat."

That's awesome, what did your little guy think of it all? My son was about that age when I shot my 1st. He pet the deer and said "thank you for the meat."

He was back and forth between “I’m cold, I’m cold” and “he’s a nice deer” as he petted his sides. He enjoyed it all and asked this morning if we can go again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Battled very tough conditions in an Idaho OTC public lnd unit this past week - mid 70’s, sunny, and dry. However, we pushed through and my 12 year old got his first buck. So proud of him to keep putting in the miles despite the fact we just weren’t seeing that many deer. Had a tough pack out, but it was the most satisfying grind I have ever had.

View attachment 466285
Congratulations to your son. The heat really turned them off. We also did not see many bucks.