2022 MULE DEER MEAT POLE

mtnwrunner

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well boys and girls......its about that time of year!
Hard to imagine being its been 104 degrees here but the mule deer are starting to get scared.
This is the official thread for bragging about your 2022 muley. Photos, stories, etc.....bring it!
If you think you've got a GREAT photo......post it in the best buck photo above sponsored by Kryptek, not here. This thread is for all us mere mortals.
Good luck to everyone this year and above all else, enjoy your journey.

Randy

ChrisAU

WKR
Just gonna go ahead and reserve my spot here for the first dink that is dumb enough to come within a couple hundred yards of me :D

EDIT: Here he is! First legal one we found in 5 days of hunting. Saw 300+ does and handful of smaller bucks before finding him. Even had a 3x3 bull elk at 38 yards before we found this guy.

1A0565D5-231C-40B1-8C86-69F461EA190C.jpeg

Last edited:

Fatcamp

WKR
Camp is set. Didn't have time to look for deer but it doesn't matter, I know where they will be tomorrow afternoon.

ETA: Full draw at 40 yards on a nice 4x4, but he didn't hang around long enough for me to settle my pin. First stalk of the season.

ETAA: Labor day morning. Stalked into 14 yards on a cut bank above a nice 4X4. He heard me draw and looked me right in the eye before bailing. Stopped broadside at what I guessed was 40 yards, guess it was 50, LOL. Thankful for a clean miss. Great 3 days of hunting. For not bringing a deer home I'm pretty happy with how it went.

Last edited:

FatCampzWife

Lil-Rokslider
Camp is set. Didn't have time to look for deer but it doesn't matter, I know where they will be tomorrow afternoon.

ETA: Full draw at 40 yards on a nice 4x4, but he didn't hang around long enough for me to settle my pin. First stalk of the season.

ETAA: Labor day morning. Stalked into 14 yards on a cut bank above a nice 4X4. He heard me draw and looked me right in the eye before bailing. Stopped broadside at what I guessed was 40 yards, guess it was 50, LOL. Thankful for a clean miss. Great 3 days of hunting. For not bringing a deer home I'm pretty happy with how it went.
Wifey here, adding pic of the brutal beauty that is where we are. Hot (99 & 98F) during the day, dry (11-30% humidity) or cold (49F our 1st night). I forgot to pack bedding (don't ask), so we made due with a quilt made of tarps, duct tape, & heat blanket/film).

Attachments

• 20220904_191916.jpg
    20220904_191916.jpg
    228.2 KB · Views: 280

Juan_ID

WKR
Classified Approved
Oh boy it is that time of year, haven’t had much to contribute the last couple years so here’s to hoping to have something to add this year. Good luck to all!

OP
mtnwrunner

mtnwrunner

Super Moderator
Staff member
Oh boy it is that time of year, haven’t had much to contribute the last couple years so here’s to hoping to have something to add this year. Good luck to all!

Oh BS. You always have something to contribute! Good luck this year Juan.....maybe we'll see you in that unit. You know, west of the Mississippi.......😉

Randy