2022 MULE DEER MEAT POLE

kscowboy01

Lil-Rokslider
The cape was actually perfect. I was told there are around 15 bucks in the unit with collars. They net them in their winter range from helicopters. My guide had a client get one last year and they gave him a packet with all the information on the deer and a replica collar. We slid the collar off after we caped him. It was dated 10/21. The buck has well-worn teeth, so really anxious to see what the biology report says on him. We are guessing him 9+.

Out of respect for the outfitter, I will keep that information in the report private, so don't ask, please.

roymunson

WKR
The cape was actually perfect. I was told there are around 15 bucks in the unit with collars. They net them in their winter range from helicopters. My guide had a client get one last year and they gave him a packet with all the information on the deer and a replica collar. We slid the collar off after we caped him. It was dated 10/21. The buck has well-worn teeth, so really anxious to see what the biology report says on him. We are guessing him 9+.

Out of respect for the outfitter, I will keep that information in the report private, so don't ask, please.
trying to figure out if mounting it with the collar would be terrible or awesome... I can't settle in on it.

Definitely have the collar around as a conversation piece.

Oh, and great deer!

wyo2track

Lil-Rokslider

Congrats on your buck. You should post the age when you find out. The Wyoming Range Mule deer study was expanded during the winter of 2018/2019 to include the collaring of a small sample of mule deer bucks to better understand movements throughout the year. Most Region G & H bucks are dead by the time they are 9 yrs old and are significantly regressed by 8 if they last that long. I wouldn't be surprised if you got yourself a nice 4-6 year old there in your hands.

kscowboy01

Lil-Rokslider
The game warden just called me. I laughed and asked if they tracked me by the collar in my garage and he said that they did. Nice guy and he's getting me in touch with the biologist in Laramie at UW. I did save the teeth, so we will know the age of him. I called the number on the collar and would've gladly delivered it to Laramie on my drive home but never got a return phone call.

wyo2track

Lil-Rokslider
The game warden just called me. I laughed and asked if they tracked me by the collar in my garage and he said that they did. Nice guy and he's getting me in touch with the biologist in Laramie at UW. I did save the teeth, so we will know the age of him. I called the number on the collar and would've gladly delivered it to Laramie on my drive home but never got a return phone call.
LOL... yeah bet they knew something was up when there was a sudden 300 mile migration south..