2022 Rokslide Cold Bow Challenge Q&A Thread

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thank you. You both are so helpful.
Appreciate your patience.I know redoing a few days can be frustrating but I promise behind the scenes it makes everything so much smoother and keeps everyone on the same page. The plus side is shooting more arrows! Glad you joined us in the cold bow challenge.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Dang @Bill V, you’re off to a great start. Good to see the single bevels in action.

(Post # 109 if anyone wants to see 100 yd MER. See if we can make him nervous if we all watch ).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BucksNBulls

Lil-Rokslider
Dang @Bill V, you’re off to a great start. Good to see the single bevels in action.

(Post # 109 if anyone wants to see 100 yd MER. See if we can make him nervous if we all watch ).

Nice. Your post inspired me so I had to run outside and send the Exodus at 100 yards. It was better than 3 or 4 of my 80 yard CBC arrows. 😂. It figures right. Probably because there was no pressure and I just sent it. To be honest though I practice at 120 yards with field tips every day just for TAC and the Team Whiskey mountain shoots we do every year.

BB3ACB02-5432-4B52-B44E-5922ED66D3D4.jpeg

Randle

WKR
Well i have been wrestling with a kidney stone for the last week .
I finished 3 shots . Hoping this thing passes soon , so i can finish a hit the 3D shooy next weekend

Well i have been wrestling with a kidney stone for the last week .
I finished 3 shots . Hoping this thing passes soon , so i can finish a hit the 3D shooy next weekend
Yeah screw kidney stones! I've had several myself including one last season on a solo scouting trip 5 miles from the trailhead. Woke up in my tent at midnight thinking I was going to die until the pain shifted and I realized what it was. That was a shitty night and a shitty hike out with a 50 lb pack.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Randle

WKR
oh man and here i am groaning in the comfort of my home.
Glad you made it out ok

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Nice. Your post inspired me so I had to run outside and send the Exodus at 100 yards. It was better than 3 or 4 of my 80 yard CBC arrows. . It figures right. Probably because there was no pressure and I just sent it. To be honest though I practice at 120 yards with field tips every day just for TAC and the Team Whiskey mountain shoots we do every year.

View attachment 408648

I always shoot better when there’s no CBC going on.

While I love the CBC I am not going to shoot it this year. My MER is too far for my backyard now, and I don't have the time to spend an hour in the car every day for a single arrow at my 3D range. Maybe I'll post up my first shots of the day on this thread just for fun.

sndmn11

WKR
There is a lesson in here I suppose.

I had tuned by bow to shoot bare shafts with fletched out further than my CBC distance. Some of the CBC shots I thought I could see a tiny bit of tail left flight, so I flung some bare shafts after shot 5 yesterday. Certain nock left.

I came out to the range to fiddle with the deadlock cams today but looked everything over first. All looked to be where it should, I put witness marks on everything, but I remembered I switch grip module thingies.

Swapped from "control" to the lower wrist one and back to blissful laser ghosts on the bare shafts.

Lesson: if you change anything whether trivial or not, check before hunting or CBCing.

First shot with fletched
PXL_20220508_152419638.jpg

MT257

WKR
2022 CBC is done for me #71. Went 4/5. Overall I cannot complain, between swapping strings and going back and forth between 2 arrow setups days before it started I sighted in and went with it. My shots were good especially since we seemed to have an over abundance of wind during this. Glad I was able to participate and now I can really buckle down and get everything fine tuned for the fall.

I don’t post on here a lot but really enjoy this cbc. After missing a good buck earlier this year at 65 I made my MER 60 for the challenge. I went 3/5 with the 2 misses just out of the 6” spot I was shooting at. I was pleased with the results. If anything I learned that my one shot of the day seemed to hit left. I’ll need to pay more attention during practice to see if that holds true.

BucksNBulls

Lil-Rokslider
Whoa!! Beautiful heavy buck!! Good for you dude!!

Awesome! I’m getting 288fps with a 490gr. in a 75lb VXR. Not sure how much I would gain if I made the switch.
The regular RX7 would probably put you a little over 300fps. I'm getting those numbers with the Ultra.

SQP

FNG
While I love the CBC I am not going to shoot it this year. My MER is too far for my backyard now, and I don't have the time to spend an hour in the car every day for a single arrow at my 3D range. Maybe I'll post up my first shots of the day on this thread just for fun.
Nonetheless, I would of liked to see your shots.

Hpark3r

FNG
One shot/day left. This has been pretty frustrating for me. I just put on a new rest and sight on the ol bow, and switched to micro shafts. I did at least get my 60 pin dialed in close enough in all this wind to put my sight tape on the day before TAC San Antonio. Haven’t slung a broadhead in about 10 yrs, but was able to send a couple downrange the day prior to starting CBC. My sight windage is maxed out full right. Was full left, then changed mounting configuration so the sweet spot is in between somewhere (not sure if I should shim or what). Don’t really want to mess with the rest because it’s punching perfect bulletholes. Looking forward to being able to trust my pins and only use holdover because it’s MY choice. Ha!

SQP

FNG
I don’t post on here a lot but really enjoy this cbc. After missing a good buck earlier this year at 65 I made my MER 60 for the challenge. I went 3/5 with the 2 misses just out of the 6” spot I was shooting at. I was pleased with the results. If anything I learned that my one shot of the day seemed to hit left. I’ll need to pay more attention during practice to see if that holds true.
Thank you for sharing your insights. I am eager to learn.
One shot/day left. This has been pretty frustrating for me. I just put on a new rest and sight on the ol bow, and switched to micro shafts. I did at least get my 60 pin dialed in close enough in all this wind to put my sight tape on the day before TAC San Antonio. Haven’t slung a broadhead in about 10 yrs, but was able to send a couple downrange the day prior to starting CBC. My sight windage is maxed out full right. Was full left, then changed mounting configuration so the sweet spot is in between somewhere (not sure if I should shim or what). Don’t really want to mess with the rest because it’s punching perfect bulletholes. Looking forward to being able to trust my pins and only use holdover because it’s MY choice. Ha!
Thank you for shooting with me. It’s been fun.

Randle

WKR
Ok thats it for me.Post 51
Finally completed after battling a kidney stone for almost a week.
I really enjoy these challenges. I thought my backup bow was ready to go. Boy was i off. Not horrible but definatley room to work on it before season.
Thanks Rokslide and sponsors.

Last edited: