2022 Sheep Harvest Photos

MattB

WKR
Finally the sheep fed into a bowl where we could make a move. We immediately took off after them. Four hours later (after thousands of feet of elevation gained and lost) we peak over the top of the ridge and my dream ram is bedded 565yds from us. A quick note on that, I had shot my rifle EVERY day for sixty days. I would shoot 1-3 rds and then put it up. I am not a guy who has a lot of guns and this is one that I had used for several years. I am lucky that I live on a farm and put together with dirt and work a 550 yd range. It isn’t the “ideal sheep rifle.” It’s heavy. (10lbs empty) It’s got a long barrel. But it worked.
(specs .300 Winchester, 26” brux, manners eh1, 215 Berger bullets.)
We made a quick move out the ridge and got to 420yds which was as close as we could get and waited laying prone with the rifle rested across the top lid of my guides pack. When the sheep stood up almost an hour later, my dream came true.
View attachment 435861
We broke the sheep down and started back to the nearest airstrip which we knew would be a two day trek for us. No sooner had we started walking the weather turned bad it rained hard enough you couldn’t see fifty feet. Pretty sketchy for a middle Tennessee boy walking on slippery rocks. Haha! An hour later the sun was back out. Didn’t I mention the weather is crazy?
After a few falls and a lot of sliding we eventually made it to the airstrip.

Once back at base camp I got to do some fishing with the boys. (A lot of Harold’s children and nieces/nephews come up to spend the summer)
They agreed to take me fishing if they got to drive the boat. That was a deal I couldn’t pass up.
Congrats. Gana is quite an outfit.

DuckDogDr

WKR
Congrats man I’m so jealous. Happy for you. The fact you did it with a 10 lb rifle awesome

Rknight

Lil-Rokslider
Congrats to everyone so far. This is always one of my favorite threads of the year on the forum. I use it regularly through the week as a reminder when I wanna tell my boss to suck it, I need the job to save up for one of these awesome hunts so thanks for the continued motivation!