2022 Turkey Season

Started the season in Ohio youth weekend. Called a gobbler in for my 9 year old and she missed it with her .410. She was torn up, she's got it bad now . Then did a long weekend trip with 2 buddies to NC. We all killed gobblers. Opening day of Ohio regular season, my wife killed her first gobbler. My 9 year old and wife were sitting beside each other and I was behind them. The way the bird came out in the field, my wife had the best shot. She made a heck of a shot with her 20 gauge. Exciting season so far, man I love spring and turkey hunting!
7d515c423257831dfe61f2abe42fb470.jpg
ccb88d14c002ff9badf72989ea6271a3.jpg

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Minnesota season has been open several weeks, but because of winter like weather we have been waiting. Looks like a run of sunny bluebird warmer stable weather for the next 5 days. We start tomorrow.

I’ve had zero luck since opening weekend, I think I’ve only heard 1 gobble the last 3 times I’ve been out… but last night I cooked one of the breasts I had in the freezer for dinner and this morning my 7 year old daughter asked if she could have the left overs to take to school for lunch because she liked it so much. I got more joy out of that than actually killing the bird I think!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DAY 1. no wind, sunny blue skies 40 degrees. Nice and quiet. Hunted 4 year old log out with giant red pine roost trees. Didn't put any to bed last night. It has been a reliable spot. Got in dark. Owl hooted. It sounded like he gobbled more on his own .not shock. Got in and Set up 3 hen decoys with my son. He was half hearted gobbling. Let out a couple quiet tree calls as it was light. He flew down. Gobbled back and forth, but not hard. Started hearing hens. Called back and forth. One came 15yards from us . Hoping she would bring lover-boy with her. No luck he went with other hen. Fun to listen to hens . Some of the "worst" calling I have heard was the real hen . Had to leave to go to work. Hit it tomorrow

Miboy86

Lil-Rokslider
i usually get the tag for the last 2 weeks of the spring season in michigan, switched it to the 2 week mid season this year. i dont have enough patience for turkey hunting so i do one tradiontal morning hunt with the decoys, after that im run amd gun or spot and stalk. humted this henned up tom last season for the whole 2 weeks and never got close. went out yesterday for my 3rd hunt of the season and finally spotted him in his normal spot with his hens. crawled in and set up at the pinch point where 4 corners meet and waited and watched him for 4 hours before his hens led him at 10 yards, looks smaller than his 29 pounda because he flopped in water in the field when i shot him.

Attachments

• IMG_20220506_182836.jpg
    IMG_20220506_182836.jpg
    197.9 KB · Views: 20
Day 2,3 went round with longbeard and his hens. beat 2 days in a row. Today decided to set up more where they were going ,than roost. Lots of gobbling from flock of 5 jakes. Buddy came with and set up flock of 8 decoys. When the jake gang saw it they can running. Ended up shooting one. My season and time running out.