2023 ID spring bear guide / outfitter recommendations …

Wags

WKR
I’m interested in booking a trip next fall to hunt spring bear in Idaho. If anyone has used a guide or outfitter they recommend please post up or pm me.

Thanks

KeenEye

FNG
I’m interested in booking a trip next fall to hunt spring bear in Idaho. If anyone has used a guide or outfitter they recommend please post up or pm me.

Thanks
Interested in the same or possibly Montana. Found numerous online but would like to see if anyone has opinions.

OP
Wags

Wags

WKR
I have booked a bear hunt with hells canyon outfiitters in riggins. Ill let you know how it goes when i get back. My dad used them for a couple elk hunts to celebrate retirement. and he strongly recommended them and how great they were.

Thank you, I appreciate that.

I hope you have a great time and kill a tank of a bear.

yojo.3

FNG
Got back from the hunt the other day. And it was a great success. The accommodations were great. They had us in house and a smaller shack. The house where my dad and i stayed and it was nice. And thats where we all went to eat supper at the end of the day. Breakfast was go bags and had some lunches and snacks in them as well since we were going to be gone the majority of the day. Supper was a home cooked meal. Guides were very knowledgeable and fun to be around. they work with you to make sure you get a bear. I wanted spot and stalk and they said if i didnt have any luck and wanted to switch it up later we could do that. There were 3 hunters for the week when i went. Me, my dad, and a girl with her father. Dad didnt care how he got a bear so he shot one over bait the first night. I wanted spot and stalk and she wanted one with dogs. We all got what we wanted. I do highly recomend them for a guide seevice.

OP
Wags

Wags

WKR
Got back from the hunt the other day. And it was a great success. The accommodations were great. They had us in house and a smaller shack. The house where my dad and i stayed and it was nice. And thats where we all went to eat supper at the end of the day. Breakfast was go bags and had some lunches and snacks in them as well since we were going to be gone the majority of the day. Supper was a home cooked meal. Guides were very knowledgeable and fun to be around. they work with you to make sure you get a bear. I wanted spot and stalk and they said if i didnt have any luck and wanted to switch it up later we could do that. There were 3 hunters for the week when i went. Me, my dad, and a girl with her father. Dad didnt care how he got a bear so he shot one over bait the first night. I wanted spot and stalk and she wanted one with dogs. We all got what we wanted. I do highly recomend them for a guide seevice.

That’s awesome news & congrats on the bears. I’m glad you all had a great hunt and experience.

Roger17

Lil-Rokslider
Four of us went with Hell's Canyon Outfitters last spring. I highly recommend them. We all got bears, by the way.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I looked at Hells Canyon and Little Lost outfitters- HC is 4k and Little Lost is 3200, I guess my priority is killing a black bear. I thought about a DIY as that is usually the way I go but afraid of accidentally shooting a grizzly or something dumb like that and just rather peace of mind working with a guide on that end.

Has anyone hunted with Bearpaw Outfitters? Ridgerunner outfitters?

KeenEye

FNG
I looked at Hells Canyon and Little Lost outfitters- HC is 4k and Little Lost is 3200, I guess my priority is killing a black bear. I thought about a DIY as that is usually the way I go but afraid of accidentally shooting a grizzly or something dumb like that and just rather peace of mind working with a guide on that end.

I ended up booking a hunt with Ace Outfitters out of Riggins, Idaho. My buddies and I hunted elk/deer with them in 2021. Good guys and hard hunters. So we decided to go back with them. It’s ~3700 after tags and taxes.

Haven’t hunted with RidgeRunner but have talked with Dick and others he had working for him quite a bit when I’m in their area. He has a great area for spring bear hunting and also fall bear if that’s what your looking for. Lots of bears and some color phase in that area too.

j3butch

Lil-Rokslider
Just stumbled on to this thread and looking for an Idaho Spring Bear guide for me and my buddy. He’ll be recovering from an ACL repair so he will need to hunt over bait. Thanks guys.