2023 NRL Hunter Match Schedule

Northpark

WKR
So how do I do one of these matches? I’d like to try the one scheduled in AZ in January. Looks like my custom 7-08ai with 168 Berger VLDs at 2760 would qualify easily and it’s not too expensive to shoot. I just want to improve my skills as I can’t imagine being all that competitive.

inkedspot

FNG
Monitor the NRL hunter website and keep checking out the shop choice and when they post the match for sale you can sign up. Skills division is around 150, and then one of the other divisions (factory, open light or open heavy) is about 250-300 for the match from memory.

You are shooting against yourself, so have fun and think about if each stage was a hunting scenario would you have had the prep work done to be ready. I learned so much and completely redeveloped my hunting prep to be in a better position to take accurate shots.

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
I would like to shoot the one in Cody my question is would I be able to use my tikka with a non factory muzzle brake in the factory division?

Yes you can. As long as there are no modifications such as trigger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
So how do I do one of these matches? I’d like to try the one scheduled in AZ in January. Looks like my custom 7-08ai with 168 Berger VLDs at 2760 would qualify easily and it’s not too expensive to shoot. I just want to improve my skills as I can’t imagine being all that competitive.

Awesome! Definitely do it! Skills division is the cheapest and everyone will be so willing to help you out. The only thing is you can’t walk the prize table. You will gain so much knowledge though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ID_Matt

WKR
I think it is best to follow the facebook page if you have it. That is where they usually announce registration dates.

gtriple

WKR
Anybody got recommendations for factory setups? I'm thinking about a Waypoint, Cross, Tikka CTR, or Bergara

parshal

WKR
Justin, I remember that range from the NRL race gun match a couple years back where we got to shoot from a helicopter. I distinctly remember the troop line in the fence pic.

I'll be at three or four of the matches this year. My teammate and I will shoot at least three as a team.

We're both shooting 6.5 Creed with 153.5's at 2570 'ish.

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
Anybody got recommendations for factory setups? I'm thinking about a Waypoint, Cross, Tikka CTR, or Bergara
Ive shot factory with Christensen, Bergara MG LITE, and sig cross. The cross in born and raised edition would be a good choice, Bergara MG lite is probably the best choice if the barrel holds on it (testing now) and man people always do well the the tikka . I think Rusty Ulmer runs a t3x lite. I am really eyeballing the lite as well as CTR for next season.

Id think the sako S20 would be a nice option for factory too.

I might try to make the IA one this year. Would probably have to shoot a 7 SAUM if I wanted to make the lightweight division.

BjornF16

WKR
Is this 2023 schedule for NRL Hunter or NRL Hunter ONE?

I don't see it posted at nrlhunter.org

tak

WKR
Also want to say that these matches are a blast!

Each match has its own nuances. In Oklahoma, I shot prone and off tripod a lot. At the Idaho match I was rested on rocks and maybe used my tripod twice.

Here's a pic front the final match in ID. You can see the pop up tent for one stage shooting down into the valley.

6151de164d38309c5f1aeebf41e90d72.jpg

Flyjunky

WKR
great pics!

Can spectators go to these matches? I'm assuming they aren't allowed out at the shooting stations but is there anything someone could do out there? I'd like to go to one to check it out because it's something that I'd like to start getting involved in.

The Leupold event will be held this summer about 45min from where I live.

gtriple

WKR
Also want to say that these matches are a blast!

Each match has its own nuances. In Oklahoma, I shot prone and off tripod a lot. At the Idaho match I was rested on rocks and maybe used my tripod twice.

Here's a pic front the final match in ID. You can see the pop up tent for one stage shooting down into the valley.

6151de164d38309c5f1aeebf41e90d72.jpg
Were you using a bag off of the rocks?