.204 Arrow Durability

That's a valid concern. But I wouldn't rely only on the weight for that determination. My Kinetic XT 200's weigh 11.6gpi yet they are easily the least durable .204" arrow I've used, with BE Rampage 250's a close second. The Trophy Ridge arrows are the toughest arrows I've ever shot, but they stopped making those several years ago. I still have most of my original dozen from 2008.

Didn't the Trophy Ridge arrows have the radial weave to them? I thought I was told they quit making them over patent infringement, not that I had an accurate source. Have you tried the PSE radial weave arrows?

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Didn't the Trophy Ridge arrows have the radial weave to them? I thought I was told they quit making them over patent infringement, not that I had an accurate source. Have you tried the PSE radial weave arrows?

They were a weaved carbon which I believe holds up better to abuse. The reason I heard they stopped making them was because they had to make 16 dozen arrows on average to get one dozen that met the specs of the Crush series with .0008" straightness. So they always had a ton of lesser arrows on hand and were constantly out of the Crush.

They don't make the PSE arrows anymore do they? And if I remember correctly, they never made any in a stiff enough spine.

I don't like the insert design on the Rampages. I had an arrow blow up on the ribs of a bull. He kept my arrowhead and insert and I kept all the carbon. The front few inches was exploded and splintered and the bull was bugling a few hours later. I like the insert/outsert design of the Deep Impacts better.

They were a weaved carbon which I believe holds up better to abuse. The reason I heard they stopped making them was because they had to make 16 dozen arrows on average to get one dozen that met the specs of the Crush series with .0008" straightness. So they always had a ton of lesser arrows on hand and were constantly out of the Crush.

They don't make the PSE arrows anymore do they? And if I remember correctly, they never made any in a stiff enough spine.

I'm not certain on the PSE arrows. It was a probably 15 years ago I shot them. Seems they were still making them when they quit the Trophy Ridge arrows. I found the Trophy Ridge arrows late, they were done making them by the time I tried them. Probably the most durable arrow I ever messed with.

TheViking

WKR
Sirius Apollo has the cross weave. They have been extremely tough for me so far! I’ve had them hit rebar inside 3D targets and survive out of my 78# VXR and 560 grain arrow. That says a lot.

Reactions: Zac

bat-cave

WKR
I'm shooting the GT Kinetic Kaos and more recently the GT Airstrikes. I shot the Airstrikes all weekend and TAC and am pretty sold on them. Very durable and flying great. I had a few "suboptimal" shots over the weekend including a couple of Aspen tree's that inexplicably jumped in front my arrows flight path, resulting in full penetration. After removing the arrow ... test great and continues to fly well. One of my was abused by two different trees and a rock behind the target on a pass through and the arrow is still in perfect shape. The only one I busted all weekend skipped off the back of a target and the shaft hit a boulder and snapped it in two ... Very happy with them. FWIW, my son was shooting Kinetic Kaos's all weekend and they also did well. He broke a few more, but I think it was a more a function of the shot than the durability of the arrows. The Airstrike are easier to pull from sticky targets due to the coating as well.

Nate_Beres

Lil-Rokslider
That's a valid concern. But I wouldn't rely only on the weight for that determination. My Kinetic XT 200's weigh 11.6gpi yet they are easily the least durable .204" arrow I've used, with BE Rampage 250's a close second. The Trophy Ridge arrows are the toughest arrows I've ever shot, but they stopped making those several years ago. I still have most of my original dozen from 2008.
Really? You're throwing a wrench in my decision making. Durability is high up on priority since I'm cheap.
I've read a bunch that the kinetics (maybe it was kaos, same arrow just pick of litter fkr straightness) are one of the more durable ones out there?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Really? You're throwing a wrench in my decision making. Durability is high up on priority since I'm cheap.
I've read a bunch that the kinetics (maybe it was kaos, same arrow just pick of litter fkr straightness) are one of the more durable ones out there?
The Kaos come with a collar, so that probably helps the front end a bit. I only used a HIT in these and the Rampages, and they are the only .204" arrows I've had any issues at all with on the ends. But I've also had several Kinetics break right in half hitting something hard. I had three dozen of them and I'm down to about a 1/2 dozen now.......so I started searching for a new arrow last year.

I ordered some Sirius Apollo 250's and they showed up right before hunting season. I didn't use them hunting but have shot them since. I also picked up some Victory RIP TKO Elite 250's to try and I'm really liking them. Both of these arrows are a weaved carbon, so I expect them to hold up well.......even though the RIP TKO's are lighter GPI. I'm using 75gr brass HIT's and 125's in them and my 30" arrows are coming in right at 500gr. Neither the Apollo's nor the RIP TKO's are cheap......but in this case, I think you get what you pay for. I'm pretty picky about my gear, and I'd use either one of these........especially the RIP TKO's if you want more FOC. Also, I'm shooting almost 33" draw at 75lbs, so whatever I'm shooting has to be able to take a lot of abuse.