.204 Stainless Outsert Options

sneaky

"DADDY"
So does the broadhead also work as an outsert?
No, but the insert covers the end of the shaft, so it has either an aluminum or stainless steel lip protecting it. The wall thickness on the micro shafts is much thicker and stronger than a comparable .204 shaft of the same spine. It would be a much more attractive system if there were more broadheads available for it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

sneaky

"DADDY"
In 15 years and many dozens of .204" arrows tested or used, I've never seen the concentricity issue. I would imagine that showing up on an arrow spinner as wobble. But gee, isn't every insert that's put in an arrow smaller than the ID of the shaft? So wouldn't that be a problem for all inserts if that really was a problem? On my RIP TKO's the brass HIT's wouldn't go in at all. I had to screw them onto a concentric field point that I tightened in my drill, and then held some 600 grit Silicone Carbide paper against them while they spun. Worked perfectly, and probably created an even better bond with the arrow shafts.

The mushrooming thing I only saw on certain arrow types, but not all. So as I've always said......if folks are going to use arrows that mushroom, then use the collars. But IMO the only way they can mushroom is if the epoxy bond is broken. And if that's the case, then even a half out can push back into the arrow if the bond is broken.
Yes, every insert is smaller than the internal shaft diameter, but standard inserts are indexing off of the end of the shaft. There are still legions of shooters out there who have never even considered squaring the end of their arrow shafts. Couple of good hard impacts and they've knocked what little alignment they had off. Shop cuts them, glues inserts in, hands them to them, and off they go. None the wiser.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

The Victory Shok TL are decent for a single piece insert/outsert.

On my XVs im using Gold Tip stainless insert from the Airstrike and their 15 grain collar.