209 capper/decapper

What works best for an inline? Specifically a Knight ultralight set up for a bare primer.
That red plastic three sided one on Knights website does not give me confidence

tdhanses

WKR
I have their full plastic jacket one, works well but isn’t needed. Looked at the red one, why do you not think it would be good? I’ve yet to get anything from them that performed poorly. For the price I would try it, might be surprised.

Last edited:

jsbowhunt

FNG
The three sided one is the only one I've found to work, I use it to put the cap into the bolt but once fired I just pull the bolt back and tip the gun and the spent cap fall right out no problem.

What works best for an inline? Specifically a Knight ultralight set up for a bare primer.
That red plastic three sided one on Knights website does not give me confidence

Wait... if you are shooting a bare primer set up - you do not need a capper or decapper. Stand the rifle up nearly vertical -tilted slightly to the left - insert/set the primer on the edge of the face of the bolt and push it into the primer rails on the face of the bolt. When you open the bolt the spent primer will be extracted from the bolt - tip the rifle sideways and the primer will fall out of the bolt... this can be a trouble spot in some Knights but is an easy fix if it fails to fall out.

OP
T
Wait... if you are shooting a bare primer set up - you do not need a capper or decapper. Stand the rifle up nearly vertical -tilted slightly to the left - insert/set the primer on the edge of the face of the bolt and push it into the primer rails on the face of the bolt. When you open the bolt the spent primer will be extracted from the bolt - tip the rifle sideways and the primer will fall out of the bolt... this can be a trouble spot in some Knights but is an easy fix if it fails to fall out.
Thanks, I will try that

Yep...this