20th anniversary hunt

New guy here, been lurking off and on for a while. Anyway, wife says to me the other night "you know next year is our 20th anniversary, right?"

Me"yes, I know that Dear"

Wife "well, I was thinking, instead of taking a trip to just look at something, let's wait until next fall and go kill something"

Me"watcha want to hunt?"

Wife "you figure it out"

Now you see why we have been married for 20 years.

She has got Missouri whitetails with xBow and gun, never hunted out of state.

I have hunted Idaho bow elk once, rifle CO elk 3 times with no luck. Have a nice 171" mule from one of the Colorado hunts.

She is allergic to horses, so a back country hunt is out. My thoughts are a mule rifle hunt where you drive around glassing, then spot and stock would be fun. Don't think she would enjoy a physical grouling hunt, Elk trip not out of question, and open to other ideas. Would like something other than whitetails, but a whitetail /mule deer hunt would be cool to.

Would need to do this next fall, so draw tags might not work out. Budget is 12k all in, would prefer to keep it under 10k though. Have no desire for exotics in Texas or high fence.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Go bow hunting for some strange goat thing in Hawaii...

Or one of those boat based hunts in kodiak for deer and halibut.

Don't write off a back country hunt just because of horse allergies. Just put all the gear on the horses & hike in. It may take a little more time or effort but it's doable.

rtaylor

Lil-Rokslider
I second the Wyoming antelope. It isn't physically demanding and it is a target rich environment. If you tag out early there are lots of things to see like the Big Horns, Mt Rushmore, or Devil's Tower.

OP
M
Sorry for ghosting everyone on this thread. Thought it died and just now got or noticed notification on tap a talk.

Anyway, we never found the perfect hunt. Seems things are booking out further and further each year. I ended up going on a rifle elk hunt. Outfit had portable buildings with central shower and cook houses when I booked. Wife didn’t want to go. They ended up buying neighbors house and turning into a lodge, think she would have loved it. May take her next fall.

We ended up doing a long weekend for anniversary, so nothing overly special.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk