‘21 Sheep Meatpole

Bambistew

WKR
I'd wait until we see the results of this season as preliminary numbers look dismal. IMO, that Alaska's Dall Sheep are in decline and it may be quite severe.
I hope you're wrong, but I know many areas are in bad shape. Especially 19c and the TMA.

Snyd

WKR
Second DCUA Walkin Ram for me. 38.5" 11 yo. 71 yds with the Freedom Arms 454 Casull. I thank the Lord and my partner Roy. Over the years I'd been hoping to get a Ram in this class and also get a shot at one with my pistol. Both happened on this trip. Also we got him 1 day before my 61st Birthday so he's a Birthday Ram as well. I'd never hunted sheep this late, first BDay in the Sheep Mtns. This is number 4 for me out of 10 I've packed and ate. Other 3 I did euro mounts and sold the capes, this one gets mounted. For me this is the pinnacle, the Apogee of my Sheep Hunting. I am done chasing rams for myself. If one of my buddies draws and needs a partner and if my body holds out I'll enter the Sheep Mountains again. But for me, it's been an awesome ride and I'm more than satisfied. Hmm, I got my first and last ram on DCUA Walkin Hunts. There's much more to the story for a future thread.

Go Get Em Boys!!

IMG-2580-1.jpg

IMG-2590.jpg

Last edited:

fatbacks

WKR
Second DCUA Walkin Ram for me. 38.5" 11 yo. 71 yds with the Freedom Arms 454 Casull. I thank the Lord and my partner Roy. Over the years I'd been hoping to get a Ram in this class and also get a shot at one with my pistol. Both happened on this trip. Also we got him 1 day before my 61st Birthday so he's a Birthday Ram as well. I'd never hunted sheep this late, first BDay in the Sheep Mtns. This is number 4 for me out of 10 I've packed and ate. Other 3 I did euro mounts and sold the capes, this one gets mounted. For me this is the pinnacle, the Apogee of my Sheep Hunting. I am done chasing rams for myself. If one of my buddies draws and needs a partner and if my body holds out I'll enter the Sheep Mountains again. But for me, it's been an awesome ride and I'm more than satisfied. Hmm, I got my first and last ram on DCUA Walkin Hunts. There's much more to the story for a future thread.

Go Get Em Boys!!

IMG-2580.jpg

IMG-2590.jpg

Amazing story and amazing ram! Congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alaskan89

Lil-Rokslider

Go Get Em Boys!!

IMG-2580.jpg

IMG-2590.jpg
Awesome ram Snyd, congrats buddy!! How were the ram numbers looking, i'm headed there on Saturday for my DS204 and moose hunt.

Clarktar

WKR
I had to push it back, my hunting partner had to bail due to someone he works with being exposed to Covid, I am headed out on the 9th and back on the 21st.
How'd it go?

Already scheming on 2022.

Great thread and congrats to everyone who got out afield!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Wapiti1

WKR

Go Get Em Boys!!

IMG-2580.jpg

IMG-2590.jpg
Damn, I want to be you when I grow up. Outstanding ram and job!!

Jeremy